Apps missing from marketplace

Guest AndyCr15

Guest AndyCr15

I have 2.9 installed, with marketenabler 3.0 beta, but when I search Taskiller only the free version shows up? I'm fairly sure I paid for a Pro version...

Also, MyBackUp does a pro version, but I can't find it on the Marker?

Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks.

Guest AndyCr15

I'm trying to use Market Enabler, but it seems to hang. I've got two versions. One I get a list of providers, if I hold it gives me the option to fake this provider, which I do, it runs through 8 things but then stays there, not coming back to the app.

The other one I get a button to enable paid apps, which I hit, I get the pop up 'Doing stuff' but it stays there without doing anything :)

Anyone help? I am told it's because I'm in the UK :D

**EDIT** I managed to get the US settings in, from here -

http://strazzere.com/blog/?tag=gsmsimoperatornumeric

but it still doesn't show them :D

Edited by AndyCr15

I have 2.9 installed, with marketenabler 3.0 beta, but when I search Taskiller only the free version shows up? I'm fairly sure I paid for a Pro version...

Also, MyBackUp does a pro version, but I can't find it on the Marker?

Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks.

I've got all of those (without marketenabler assistance)

Hello,

I've the same problem with Modaco 2.8 (installed with wipe) with the app BlueRSS (http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/295874/bluerss-and-modaco-2-8/)

I've made a test for your not found apps, and in my market, I found the two versions of Task Killer, and the Pro version of MyBackup.

Good luck.

Can't find that.

The app I was looking for is Google Search By Voice, it's on the phone already but I can't find it on the market. Orange UK Hero, Modaco 2.9

Guest ghettofreeryder
I'm trying to use Market Enabler, but it seems to hang. I've got two versions. One I get a list of providers, if I hold it gives me the option to fake this provider, which I do, it runs through 8 things but then stays there, not coming back to the app.

The other one I get a button to enable paid apps, which I hit, I get the pop up 'Doing stuff' but it stays there without doing anything :)

Anyone help? I am told it's because I'm in the UK :D

**EDIT** I managed to get the US settings in, from here -

http://strazzere.com/blog/?tag=gsmsimoperatornumeric

but it still doesn't show them :D

Reboot into recovery and hit fix apk uid mismatches. Thats what I do when market enabler freezes my phone, and it works everytime

Guest AndyCr15

Can't find that.

The app I was looking for is Google Search By Voice, it's on the phone already but I can't find it on the market. Orange UK Hero, Modaco 2.9

How odd, as I'm also Orange, UK with 2.9... and I can't? :)

Can't find that.

google voice search isn't officially supported on android 1.5.

Guest AndyCr15
Reboot into recovery and hit fix apk uid mismatches. Thats what I do when market enabler freezes my phone, and it works everytime

I've done this, now I don't even see the free version of Taskiller :)

Damned, I thought if I root the device I could use marketenabler to buy apps...?

I runned the program, then click on "Enable Paid Apps". It gives no error and says I should open the marketplace, but when I open it, nothing's different and I can't se any paying apps...

not really helping, but my paid + protected apps reappeared somehow. i did a couple of reflashes with a modded mcr2.9, and suddenly all was good again (didn't it even check it, got noticed by an update for autostarts... :) ). maybe try a reflash without wiping, not much to lose there...

I

Really? I'm sure I downloaded it from the Market a few ROMS ago... Didn't I?

it was my understanding that it was taken from 1.6. i can not find it in the market in this moment, but can find other paid + protected apps.

are you sure you are not getting it confused with google voice?

I'm having this problem too. Hard to know what's missing but I read about CoPilot in this forum and searched for it. Doesn't show on market in my phone. I'm running Modaco 2.9 w/o any other issues. Have tried with "marketenabler" on & off but the app doesn't show

I'm having this problem too. Hard to know what's missing but I read about CoPilot in this forum and searched for it. Doesn't show on market in my phone. I'm running Modaco 2.9 w/o any other issues. Have tried with "marketenabler" on & off but the app doesn't show

I do find CoPilot on the market. Did you try to wipe the market's data? Instructions are somewhere on the sticky gsm-rom thread.

Good luck

Niki

I do find CoPilot on the market. Did you try to wipe the market's data? Instructions are somewhere on the sticky gsm-rom thread.

Good luck

Niki

ow, maybe I have to wipe my android market data, then apply the marketenabler...? Maybe that's why because the market enabler never works...

Guest AndyCr15

So, no-one really knows how to fix this?

Can paid for apps be downloaded from the web instead?

**EDIT** Or, can I re-install Market?

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest dwattsy21

I am on MoDaCo 2.8 at the moment, and have only noticed that one app (wiggle, which allows you to determine settings determined by what wireless networks you are in range of, e.g turns on bluetooth when you leave home) is missing. I am a bit worried about going up to 2.9 because i keep hearing people not being able to find apps.

Is there a solution for it?

Have people upgraded and had no problems?

And does market enabler work??

Dave

P.S i am on a UK Orange Hero

I found the solution (at least for me!). I'm from belgium and we can't see paid apps yet, so I tried Market Enabler, which also didn't work. But now I see that on one way or another, I was always downloading an old version of ME.

This is the downloadlink: http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/downloads/list

- Go to the url with your hero, and download it

- Install the app

- DO NOT RUN IT

- REBOOT your Hero manually

- run the app

- save your current settings

- go to the 2nd tab and choose another carrier

- hold the selection and fake it.

Don't forget to reboot manually before you run it for the first time. Many people, including me, were receiving a crash error when trying to fake the provider...

Guest GodsDevil

After 3.0 even the apps I had downloaded before (eg: AppManager, Maps etc) are missing.

I tried re-flashing, wiping and flashing again, changing radios but nothing works. :D

D