TomTom Now for omnia 900i

Guest topbanana4

TomTom and portsplitter, yea.. I used it and didnt like it that way.

After usage I had to reset it because just closing the applications in the task manager wasn't enough.

My omnia stayed hot as hell, draining the battery very fast (after reset it became cool again)

Then when you soft-reset, all portsplitter config is back to default so I have to enter these details again.

Besides, it takes ages to find GPS lock, but eventually it works.

I am curious about the gps.log and gps.bin file deletion shreddo mentioned, will look into that when I find the time :D

Greetz

Guest shreddo
TomTom and portsplitter, yea.. I used it and didnt like it that way.

After usage I had to reset it because just closing the applications in the task manager wasn't enough.

My omnia stayed hot as hell, draining the battery very fast (after reset it became cool again)

Then when you soft-reset, all portsplitter config is back to default so I have to enter these details again.

Besides, it takes ages to find GPS lock, but eventually it works.

I am curious about the gps.log and gps.bin file deletion shreddo mentioned, will look into that when I find the time :D

Greetz

just to clarify it's gps_id files under My Device. It can't be deleted without soft reseting the device but I definately don't have a port splitter set up. Just can take a while to get a fix.

Guest snarlingdog
no i searched for it but now i know you must also use gpsgate with that version

No true.

Users confirmed that any tricks are necessary and that the new TOMTOM works perfctly on Samsung OMNIA.

This is confirmed by the fact that the Samsung OMNIA is in the list of compatible devices in the TOMTOM website.

Edited by snarlingdog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest snarlingdog

New 7.917 available here, directly taken from the original SD card provided by TOMTOM:

http://www.zshare.net/download/72031619b34855fc/

There are three cab inside, I don't know the differences.

My OMNIA automatically start the install of TT7_O.CAB

In any case the well known problems in the GPS fix with the OMNIA semms to be present also with this version.

I installed TT7.917, but this wasn't enough to make it work without GPS Proxy, so I searched the internet and I found this on a German web site, and it works for me on my Omnia i900!!:

Change these settings in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

The rest is the same as the usual GPS and TomTom settings. I used com port 4 (and 9 for hardware), but you can probably use any other port that hasn't been assigned yet.

Here are the links to the site I found:

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/samsung_i900..._7_omnia-4.html

http://www.gsmfreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=194983

A big thank you to whoever figured this out :-)

Edited by doi620

I installed TT7.917, but this wasn't enough to make it work without GPS Proxy, so I searched the internet and I found this on a German web site, and it works for me on my Omnia i900!!:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

The rest is the same as the usual GPS and TomTom settings. I used com port 4 (and 9 for hardware), but you can probably use any other port that hasn't been assigned yet.

YEHHH WORKS ALSO INTERNAL GPS THX FOR THIS ;) :D :(

I COPIED YOUR TEXT AND USE IT IN MY TOPIC

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...sgate-for-i900/

Edited by weirdo

Guest 1968falconxt

does it really matter than GPSgate is needed to run it? I never have any issues running GPSgate. I always get a quick position fix, and never loses/drops the signal. i just did a 21 hour drive with the GPS running flat out, and it didnt miss a beat. (got pretty hot though)

does it really matter than GPSgate is needed to run it? I never have any issues running GPSgate. I always get a quick position fix, and never loses/drops the signal. i just did a 21 hour drive with the GPS running flat out, and it didnt miss a beat. (got pretty hot though)

Well, I was using GPS Proxy and I did have issues using that (didn't have them before); for some reason GPS Proxy kept shutting down unexpectedly and I searched the internet for a solution to this problem and I ran into this new solution.

I also have tried to install the GPS driver, which worked, but drained my battery extremely fast, just like GPS Proxy btw!!

So for me there are a few reasons to use the new method:

- no more problems using GPS Proxy (I had problems using Port Splitter as well)

- no need to first start GPS Proxy and then TomTom

- saves battery life (most important reason)

- saves memory

;)

Guest neerajchallana
New 7.917 available here, directly taken from the original SD card provided by TOMTOM:

http://www.zshare.net/download/72031619b34855fc/

There are three cab inside, I don't know the differences.

My OMNIA automatically start the install of TT7_O.CAB

In any case the well known problems in the GPS fix with the OMNIA semms to be present also with this version.

Can you please post some instructions please. After installing TT7_o.cab, i still get the map activation screen, that's despite copyng the .dct file.

I believe i have to patch the ttsystem file but i am not sure how.

Please explain.

Guest Junoman

Try this!

Rockzzzzzzz! ;)

Well, I was using GPS Proxy and I did have issues using that (didn't have them before); for some reason GPS Proxy kept shutting down unexpectedly and I searched the internet for a solution to this problem and I ran into this new solution.

I also have tried to install the GPS driver, which worked, but drained my battery extremely fast, just like GPS Proxy btw!!

So for me there are a few reasons to use the new method:

- no more problems using GPS Proxy (I had problems using Port Splitter as well)

- no need to first start GPS Proxy and then TomTom

- saves battery life (most important reason)

- saves memory

:D

Guest topbanana4

this is the solution fot tomtom working with internal gps:1 first uninstall previous version of tomtom (900i) tested

then install new version (7.917)

3 set it to internal gps

4 do the reg entries as stated below

5 soft reset

6 should work

QUOTE(weirdo @ Dec 7 2009, 20:48)

UPDATE 8-2-2010

tested this reg tweaks worked for me without any driver

also internal gps works (INTERNAL GPS COM3 GUYS) AND ALSO SUPERFAST FIX YEHAAAA

a big thx for doi620 who posted this

:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1968falconxt

whats the advantage of this fix compared to gps gate? Battery drain as i understand will always happen with any GPS program. I run gpsgate in the background on my phone all day every day, and i dont get any drain until i actually fire up tomtom.

Can anyone confirm that this new fix works with tomtom 6, and is 100% reliable?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jh787

Have you tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.