TG01 micro-USB Port - connector / cable availability ?

Guest kevinpwhite

Guest kevinpwhite

I would very much appreciate information on availability of connectors / cables for the TG01 as follows:

• Additional Audio Adapter cables the same as the supplied micro-USB Type A to 3.5mm
  • A cable that will enable simultaneous charging of the TG01 and audio output ? This would be useful either in 'desktop' mode as a music source, or similarly in a vehicle
  • The pin connections for the audio adapter and what (if any) active components are incorporated in the cable ? - If there is a USB digital stream then it should be possible to connect to an external D-A / Amp.....

In addition,

• Does anyone know where one can obtain additional examples of this cable or the USB-Host cable also supplied ?

Look forward to some good clues !

Many thanks,

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Guest Medved77
I would very much appreciate information on availability of connectors / cables for the TG01 as follows:<BR><BR> <UL> <LI>Additional&nbsp;Audio Adapter cables the same as the supplied micro-USB Type A to 3.5mm </LI> <LI>A cable that will enable simultaneous charging of the TG01 and audio output ? This would be useful either in 'desktop' mode as a music source, or similarly in a vehicle</LI> <LI>The pin connections for the audio adapter and what (if any) active components are incorporated in the cable ? - If there is a USB digital stream then it should be possible to connect to an external D-A / Amp.....&nbsp;<BR><BR></LI></UL> <P>In addition, <BR></P> <UL> <LI>Does anyone know where one can obtain additional examples of this cable or the USB-Host cable also supplied ?</LI></UL> <P>Look forward to some good clues !<BR><BR>Many thanks,<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Kevin<BR> <P><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></P>

I bought several micro to mini adapters hoping to add a splitter to the mini usb end. Don't waste your money though, the splitters all seem to have a parallelogram connector (HTC standard) where as the end of the micro to mini adapter has the standard usb mini end.

Maybe with the upcoming release of the TG01 in the States and Malaysia we might see some more after market products arriving.

Guest kevinpwhite

Many thanks for your response...

I think this is going to involve getting the soldering iron out in due course after a bit of research into the correct pin configurations (ie. whether Toshiba have done something non-standard with the micro-USB A-B port on the device)

:) BTW - not sure what happened to the formatting of the original post ! Udate.... amended - realised HTML wasn't checked :D

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Many thanks for your response...

I think this is going to involve getting the soldering iron out in due course after a bit of research into the correct pin configurations (ie. whether Toshiba have done something non-standard with the micro-USB A-B port on the device)

Don't count on this working. The audio is a USB host device, I beleive (not dedicated audio pins like HTC does on their 11-pin - I think - connector). Hence, the phone supplies power in that mode so I don't know how it would allow charging at the same time.

Guest kevinpwhite

bsnguy, many thanks for the observation .... do you have any additional information on the protocol that may be being used - I've so far not found any data on use of a micro-USB port to support audio, but am looking into several 3rd party adapators with a view to cutting one up to see what's what. If it is operating in host mode then the 5th sense pin will be grounded (micro-USB A mode) so will be easy to check for sure.

Any additional clues will be most welcome !

Regards,

Kevin