Omnia II - Official upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5!

Guest godoyster

Guest godoyster

Hi people!

I recently upgrade my Omnia II to Windows Mobile 6.5 from the Samsung Website.

The upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 for Omnia 2 is now available on the official website of Samsung in some countries. You can only upgrade your phone through the website of Samsung in the country that is your OMNIA II came from (obviously, by official ways... you can find many other ways and roms here in Modaco comunity to upgrade to WM 6.5 no matter what country your phone came from). I will explain how I did it from the Singapure website...

How do you discover what country is your Omnia II? Go in "Settings", "Advanced Settings", "System", "Version", "Device". You will see three codes: PDA, CSC and PHONE. Everyone starts with I8000 (which is the code of Omnia 2). In CSC, see if the following 3 characteres (after the code I8000) are XSO, and in PHONE see if the two characteres following are DX. If so, your Omnia II came from Singapore (as well as mine).

You can find codes for the other countries here in the Modaco comunity, but I will post some codes that I find here for help you:

Codes for CSC (the 3 characteres after I8000):

ATO AUSTRIA

AUT SWITZERLAND

CNX ROMANIA

COA ROMANIA

CYO GREECE

DBT GERMANY

EUR GREECE

FOP SPAIN

HAT ROMANIA

IRD SLOVAKIA

ITV ITALY

MOB AUSTRIA

MOT SLOVENIA

MTL BULGARIA

OMX BULGARIA

ORO ROMANIA

PAN HUNGARY

PLS POLAND

PRO NETHERLANDS

PRT POLAND

SEB AUSTRIA

SEK UKRAINE

SER RUSSIA

SIM SLOVENIA

SMO SERBIA

SUN SWITZERLAND

SWC SWITZERLAND

TPH PORTUGAL

TRA CROATIA

VGR GREECE

VIP CROATIA

WIN ITALY

XEB BELGIUM

XEE SWEDEN

XEF FRANCE

XEH HUNGRARY

XEN NETHERLAND

XEO POLAND

XEP PORTUGAL

XEU UK

XEZ HUNGARY

XSO SINGAPORE

Codes for PHONE (the 2 characteres after I8000):

BD Greece

CP Finland

DB Vietnam

DC Thailand

DD India

DT Australia

DX Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DZ Malaysia, Singapore

JA South Africa

JC Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia

JP Arabic

JR Arabic

JV Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia,South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey

MT Switzerland

XA Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom

XB Denmark, Norway, Sweden

XC Portugal, Spain

XD Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia

XE Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine

XF Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania

XX Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

ZC China, Hong Kong

ZH Hong Kong

ZT Taiwan

The 3 last characteres in PDA, CSC and PHONE:

* Release years:

D = 2004

E = 2005

F = 2006

G = 2007

H = 2008

I = 2009

* Release months:

A = January

B = February

C = March

D = April

E = May

F = June

G = July

H = August

I = September

J = October

K = November

L = December

So, if your Omnia 2 came from Singapore you can now upgrade to WM 6.5 by the official website of Samsung in Singapure (the site is in English, and the address is samsungmobile.com.sg). You will see a large banner in the homepage saying that the upgrade to WM 6.5 for OMNIA II is now available. Click there and download the software "Samsung PC Studio". Install it on your computer ... the system will ask you what language you want to install the program, then you can choose any language you want ... then after he will ask you what country is your phone, then you have to say that it's from Singapore! After you install just connect your Omnia 2 on the computer, open the program and follow the instructions that it will upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 for you.

This official ROM of Windows Mobile 6.5 for Omnia 2 comes with "Asphalt 4" (a car game in high definition from Gameloft, where you control the car by the accelerometer of the phone) and with "Crayon Physics", another super cool game!

best for all!!!!

Guest godoyster
My OMNIA II is from Singapore, but is it possible to upgrade to a different country's official release? For example, Canada, US, or Taiwan?

Well, maybe... when you plug your Omnia II in your PC, you can see 3 different memories: Main Memory (Flash memory), My Storage (Internal memory) and Storage Card (MicroSD).

The Windows Mobile it´s installed in the Flash Memory… the flash memory is locked that you can only install original ROM´s unto it. I think if you look here in Modaco community you will find ways to unlock your flash memory, then you could install any ROM you want.

So, in theory you can upgrade from a different country (official release) if you unlock your flash memory. But I never try it… I don´t know if this is gonna work…

As far as I know, only 2 countries already release official upgrade for Omnia II: Netherlands and Singapure. Both multilanguage.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AndrejSlo

Hey there!

I registered on this forum for help with this but then i figured it out...

i forgot what my CSC country code was but maybe it really doesnt matter.

I just installed Samsung New PC studio 1.4 and selected Malaysia when it asked for country.

Then i connected the phone to the PC and the studio automatically notified me there is an update for my phone.

But here's the thing: the country code (CSC) of the update was XSO (Singapore), which was not what i had, but it worked anyway...

I must add that when i installed the studio for the default country (UK), there was no update, so i guess the PHONE code (DX) is the one that needs to be the same to work, and studio needs to be installed for country corresponding to that code...

this thread definetly helped me, so thank you alot, must go on exploring WM 6.5 now... :D

Guest gideon1975

When flashing the phone using NPS, does the phone need to be "shut off" and set at "Active Sync" in the USB Connection settings? I'm using Win Vista. Thanks.

Guest monyozt
When flashing the phone using NPS, does the phone need to be "shut off" and set at "Active Sync" in the USB Connection settings? I'm using Win Vista. Thanks.

no.. just connect your phone to PC. run NPS.. just follow the instructions there :D

Hi Guys

I have followed all steps from the first post and my WinMo now is 6.5.

As my country I have pointed Singapore although I'm from Bulgaria.

But now the language is Nederland, maybe because the phone is got from there.

And I can't change the language to English.

Please Help!

Edited by vaskko

• 5 weeks later...
Guest The_Economist

I can't make the PC Studio identify my Omnia II...

Even though I click on Search Device, it doesn't recognize any USB device. I already restarted my PC and plugged the USB cable to other USB ports... but still PC Studio doesn't recognize my phone.

The windows driver is installed, my phone works fine with ActiveSync and I can also access it from My Computer...

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and I installed PC Studio 1.4 running under Compatibility Mode for WinXP (SP2) with English language and Singapore country.

My CSC is XSO IH1 WM6.1 and I unplugged my phone during the setup.

Any guesses??

Guest mad_a_22
I can't make the PC Studio identify my Omnia II...

Even though I click on Search Device, it doesn't recognize any USB device. I already restarted my PC and plugged the USB cable to other USB ports... but still PC Studio doesn't recognize my phone.

The windows driver is installed, my phone works fine with ActiveSync and I can also access it from My Computer...

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and I installed PC Studio 1.4 running under Compatibility Mode for WinXP (SP2) with English language and Singapore country.

My CSC is XSO IH1 WM6.1 and I unplugged my phone during the setup.

Any guesses??

same thing happen to me..theirs no upgrade.

Try instal it under Compatibility Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)...

But I have another problem with upgrade... NPS download upgrade, but when phone turned off NPS stops working and nothing happened... Has anyone same problem?

Guest OmniaIIuseraustralia

Dear All my CSC is HBR and PHONE code DX

can anyone please help me re upgrade to WM6.5 for my Samsung Omnia II (I8000) upgrade please pretty please.

what version PDA did you upgrade ?

sorry I bought the phone and it said upgradable to WM 6.5 ..... how do I find out the version of PDA ? thanks

Guest Xixon79
sorry I bought the phone and it said upgradable to WM 6.5 ..... how do I find out the version of PDA ? thanks

with VISTA OS and later you should try disabling the "user account control (UAC)" this worked for me!

if not the phone will reboot but the software will not set the phone up in the download mode!

cheers!

with VISTA OS and later you should try disabling the "user account control (UAC)" this worked for me!

if not the phone will reboot but the software will not set the phone up in the download mode!

cheers!

Thanks....how do I do that :) ??

• 1 month later...

Hi my CSC code is HBR, PDA is HZH, and PPHONE is XX

I cant really understand where the phone come from but i bought it from official carrier "One" in Macedonia, and i cant upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5

Can some one give more info and a way to do the upgrade???

Guest mnwajihi

PDA: I8000JVIK1

CSC: I8000ARBIKI

PHONE: I8000XXII5

Anyone has any idea where my phone is from, esp the CSC ARB part? Is an official WM6.5 upgrade available?

Bought it from authorised Samsung Distributor in Kenya (East Africa).

Edited by mnwajihi

Guest ozziecan

G’day guys,

I am wondering whether any one can help. I have read this posting but for some reason it does not help my situation.

My phone specs are:

PDA: I8000XXIH3

CSC: I8000XSOIH1

Phone: I8000DXIH2

I bought the phone back in July 2009 from Singapore, although I am not from Singapore. I am now trying to upgrade my phone to Winmo 6.5 but it just does not work. I have been trying from months.

Setting up NPS, I have made sure that NPS is set to Singapore. I connect my phone to my PC via USB and then go to ‘update’. I select my phone and then I get an error message stating that my phone is not supported. I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed what seems to be 100 times over the past few months and nothing. Has any one else had this issue and if so, has any one found a way around it?

I even tried setting NPS to Malaysia as I see that it works for some, but still nothing. I know that I can use Secany’s ROM, but I would like to do it officially if I can.

Thanks heaps.

Guest godoyster
Hi Guys

I have followed all steps from the first post and my WinMo now is 6.5.

As my country I have pointed Singapore although I'm from Bulgaria.

But now the language is Nederland, maybe because the phone is got from there.

And I can't change the language to English.

Please Help!

In Omnia II, all official releases are able to change the language, you just need to find the settings in the phone (off curse, it´s really hard to find this setting in a language that you don´t know). Follow this:

- Start (windows logo)

- Choose settings (that buttom that have a gear as an icon)

- Select the third option (from top)

- Select the last option (from top)

- English is the first in the list.

Hope that this could help. best!

Guest godoyster
hi i have a question...does this upgrade need the internet connection all the time during the process?

yeah, sure. the program will download the upgrade from internet.

Guest godoyster

The Samsung NPS program doesn´t work in Windows 7 (I know, it´s sucks)... I never try in Windows Vista, but we can try as "Xixon79" said. To disable the "user account control (UAC)" you do that:

- Control pannel

- user account

- change settings from user account control

you must restart after that.

In my case I upgrade my phone in a computer running windows xp (by the way, samsung recommend you upgrade your phone from a computer running windows xp...) =((

Guest godoyster
G’day guys,

I am wondering whether any one can help. I have read this posting but for some reason it does not help my situation.

My phone specs are:

PDA: I8000XXIH3

CSC: I8000XSOIH1

Phone: I8000DXIH2

I bought the phone back in July 2009 from Singapore, although I am not from Singapore. I am now trying to upgrade my phone to Winmo 6.5 but it just does not work. I have been trying from months.

Setting up NPS, I have made sure that NPS is set to Singapore. I connect my phone to my PC via USB and then go to ‘update’. I select my phone and then I get an error message stating that my phone is not supported. I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed what seems to be 100 times over the past few months and nothing. Has any one else had this issue and if so, has any one found a way around it?

I even tried setting NPS to Malaysia as I see that it works for some, but still nothing. I know that I can use Secany’s ROM, but I would like to do it officially if I can.

Thanks heaps.

Your phone is from singapure for sure (Phone=DX / CSC=XSO). I had this same problem, but it´s because I was trying to upgrade using windows 7... try in a computer running windows XP (some pepople try using Vista, but they have some bug's). Samsung recommend upgrade use windows xp... when I did that, the NPS recognize my phone and upgrade it without problems...

It´s annoying that samsung didn´t resolved this issue yet... my luck that I have a sister with a computer running windows xp... must be suck to go back to XP just to upgrade your phone.

Guest godoyster
PDA: I8000JVIK1

CSC: I8000ARBIKI

PHONE: I8000XXII5

Anyone has any idea where my phone is from, esp the CSC ARB part? Is an official WM6.5 upgrade available?

Bought it from authorised Samsung Distributor in Kenya (East Africa).

Your problem is the same of "dj_bj". As far as I know, your phone can be from many countries at the same time... Omnia II is a Cellphone and also a Pocket PC. So, your Pocket PC (PDA) can be from one coutry, and your PHONE can be from another... "AndrejSlo" said in the post #4 that he got upgrade from Singapure dispite his CSC code was from another country:

"But here's the thing: the country code (CSC) of the update was XSO (Singapore), which was not what i had, but it worked anyway...

I must add that when i installed the studio for the default country (UK), there was no update, so i guess the PHONE code (DX) is the one that needs to be the same to work, and studio needs to be installed for country corresponding to that code..."

So, if your phone code is XX, try look at the samsung website of this countries if there are an official upgrade available (look at the list in the first post to see the countries from XX code - look at "samsungmobile.com" and not just "samsung.com").

It´s important to note that the upgrade to WM 6.5 are not available in all countries yet... The first was netherlands, and then singapure.

hope that you could upgrade your phone!

best.

p.s.: don't forget to try all this in a computer running windows xp =P