How To: 802.11 N (Draft) on HTC HD2

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro
thumb_23-Nov-2009_wifi3.jpg
There is a hidden entry in the HTC HD2's Registry that proves that this device supports the latest Draft N Wireless standard! Going to HKLM\Comm\BCMSDDHD1\Parms and changing the value of 11nModeDisable from the default 1 to 0 will activate this support which seems to be disabled by default.

This has been tested, and the HD2 can connect to Wireless N routers, giving you increased speeds. So if you have a 802.11 N spec router and a HTC HD2, then its time to make a change and benefit from the increase in speed!

[Via XDA-Developers]

Guest tsutton
It does seem to use more power that the stock settings.

Could be a reason why they did not disable it upon release.

Still, it's good to know that you can enable it. :D

whats the point?

the only benefit is faster speeds, who would need upto 300mbps on a phone?

if you have to ask... :D

in all honesty it does speed up browsing over wifi, not by a small amount, but by quite a lot.

Browsing with opera 10 on the Leo is so much fun.

and some of us quite like having our routers set on N only.. if to do nothing but annoy our neighbours.

Could be a reason why they did not disable it upon release.

Still, it's good to know that you can enable it. :D

in all honesty the power use on N wifi is still using lower than the HD on stock :(

Guest sebasbabel

I've done it and works very well the subject ...

But I have a question about connections ... if anyone knows, of course.

Install v3.3 Advanced configuration would not let me because I had no isntalado the framework 3.5 in LEO .. Then if that works, I added Commanager the switch but does not respond 3G/GPRS change ...

Do I have to change any registry key depues this? or is there another way to change bands easily? (Without having to go into phone> options and select the network manually, of course)

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.