26 replies to this topic

broddoi

broddoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
  • Twitter:@none
Here there are some simple steps I use for flashing on windows Seven...I hope it will help :D
1. Download the ROM of your choice
2. Download i900_EXEcutor.exe
3. Use it to extract the contents of your chosen ROM
4. Download Grand Prix VISTA 1.6.4
5. Run it and deselect "Start downloading immediately"
6. Select the GRANDPRIX LV image profile at the top
7. Click Loader/PDA/CSC one at a time, pointing them at the files your extracted (note that the CSC isn't always present)
8. Turn phone off/plug into PC/turn on and press DETECT in Grandprix
9. When it comes up as found, press START DOWNLOADING
10. Phone will reboot, and when the omnia logo comes up again, press START DOWNLOADING one more time
11. Done! :(

darkhorse

darkhorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SDA Eurotel
Nice, but not new, I am using this method several weeks in Windows 7 x64, but... still isnt possible to flash phone.bin part this way becausemissing driver. So this is only incomplete method. Bye

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Here there are some simple steps I use for flashing on windows Seven...I hope it will help :D
7. Click Loader/PDA/CSC one at a time, pointing them at the files your extracted (note that the CSC isn't always present)
10. Phone will reboot, and when the omnia logo comes up again, press START DOWNLOADING one more time

Hi broddoi,
I just got a new machine with Win 7 Prof. Will XP mode work?
Thanks,
Ron...

darkhorse

darkhorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi broddoi,
Thanks,
Ron...

XP mode working, but unable to flash phone.bin within it... it wont detect pda and unable to start flashing. I experimented with this, drivers installed... If someone have a succes to flash phone part with grandprix in xp mode in windows 7 x64, please share the trick. NO WMWARE method please. Thank You

darkhorse

darkhorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi broddoi,
Thanks,
Ron...

XP mode working, but unable to flash phone.bin within it... it wont detect pda and unable to start flashing. I experimented with this, drivers installed... If someone have a succes to flash phone part with grandprix in xp mode in windows 7 x64, please share the trick. NO WMWARE method please. Thank You

broddoi

broddoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi broddoi,
Thanks,
Ron...

Why do you have to use XP mode??? I have Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and it works perfectly

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Why do you have to use XP mode??? I have Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and it works perfectly

Hi broddoi,
By "it works perfectly" do you mean the zip/exe files the cooks here give us for flashing (not using Grandprix) which is the method I have been using???
Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3, 25 November 2009 - 01:47 PM.

djtosh

djtosh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Samsung Omnia
had windows 7 since January and been usin this method its the same as vista so not new at all

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

had windows 7 since January and been usin this method its the same as vista so not new at all

Hi djtosh,
It makes sense that Win7 would be the same as vista. But I have been using XP to flash as suggest by the cooks. I had read that vista (now win7) used a different method (grandprix maybe) than just extracting and running the files provided by the cooks here using XP. So now I'm going from XP to win7. Will it now be different method for me?
Ron...

djtosh

djtosh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Samsung Omnia
windows 7 methid is the same as the vista method explained. search for vista solution on this forum

lignum1966

lignum1966

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Seems to be stuck forever after clicking on detect.

By the way , should I leave the box "phone bootloader update" ticked since I'm only trying to flash PDA ? Using win7 here by the way !

never mind , it got there eventually ! Slightly different on/off order than that suggested worked for me. Done my first flash but didnt like it so trying another rom now .

Edited by lignum1966, 26 November 2009 - 09:35 AM.

broddoi

broddoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi broddoi,
By "it works perfectly" do you mean the zip/exe files the cooks here give us for flashing (not using Grandprix) which is the method I have been using???
Ron...

Maybe I don't understand you... You use i900 exe_cutor to extract customer.csc, eboot.nb0 e pda.bin and then use them on grandprix don't you??

giocondus

giocondus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Nice, but not new, I am using this method several weeks in Windows 7 x64, but... still isnt possible to flash phone.bin part this way becausemissing driver. So this is only incomplete method. Bye

you can flash "phone" part, just install Samsung Modem Driver http://www.mediafire.com/?xozyznunoqm doesn't matter if they are vista drivers...:D

Edited by giocondus, 27 November 2009 - 04:14 PM.

onthebeach77

onthebeach77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:i900
doesn't works for me.I have not installed active sync ,only installed vista modem drivers in grand prix pda is yellow and detect doesn't work when i press on it

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Maybe I don't understand you... You use i900 exe_cutor to extract customer.csc, eboot.nb0 e pda.bin and then use them on grandprix don't you??

Hi broddoi,
Yes, I have confused you (and maybe me too :D ). What we got from the cooks for a flash using XP was one x.7z (zip) file. I extracted that to one x.exe file. Ran the exe file (double click or however you like) and a program similar to the one Samsung provides to upgrade (when they rarely do). Only actions/choice is to reset phone when program is ready to go, then when "device detected" hit go. It runs a short while. If phone part in in exe file (it ususlly is not from the cooks) it runs automatically too.
I have used Grandprix long ago. I have never used exe_cutor. The cook's XP way is almost one-button push and done.
Your way sounds like divide into mutliple files for something like Grandprix. Is that right?
Ron...

kevin2210

kevin2210

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

what about samsung_cdma_driver can i use xp's driver for win 7

giocondus

giocondus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

doesn't works for me.I have not installed active sync ,only installed vista modem drivers in grand prix pda is yellow and detect doesn't work when i press on it

Did you have installed this? :D http://www.microsoft...33-3a0e2e4e7beb

giocondus

giocondus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

what about samsung_cdma_driver can i use xp's driver for win 7

Use vista drivers:) look at post #13

Sinaaa

Sinaaa

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Omnia - I900
best working method on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My phone was semi-bricked by xp mode!

But not only it got unbricked(!!), but also the rom installed perfectly! I love this method! gonna uninstall xp mode ASAP!

darkhorse

darkhorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

you can flash "phone" part, just install Samsung Modem Driver http://www.mediafire.com/?xozyznunoqm doesn't matter if they are vista drivers...;)

Thanks, it is the answer and real solution, i installed drivers manually, clicked some warning windows... and it helps!!! Succesfully flashed new phone part in win7 x64. So no problem in grandrpix method, fully functional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users