Motorola Milestone to land in the UK 7th December 2009

Guest PaulOBrien

milestone.png
The Motorola Milestone, the GSM version of the Motorola Droid, is set to hit the UK on the 7th December.

Now available to pre-order at UK site 'SuperETrader', the device will retail at a competitive £439.99.

The Android 2.0 / Eclair equipped phone has been very well received in the states and having used one while I was over there, I can say, it's a beauty (and it WILL be my next device of choice! :D)

P

Guest markdotpeters5
The bad boy has arrived!!! GREAT. Hope we can get root access soon.

Oohh!!! Can you PLEASE do a Q+A session? Or at least answer some of my questions! :D

cheers!

I m very happy with my HERO at the moment...until i see this!! is it too early to switch from HERO to Milestone? what do you guys think?

i'm in the same boat! I just love the look of it and I've yet to hear a bad word about it other than the keyboard. I've got a upgrade waiting on one of my vodafone accounts so fingers crossed.

i'm in the same boat! I just love the look of it and I've yet to hear a bad word about it other than the keyboard. I've got a upgrade waiting on one of my vodafone accounts so fingers crossed.

The only hesitation I had when switching from G1 to Hero was that Hero doesnt have a physical keyboard..now the choice seems to be Sense UI vs. better screen + keyboard + LED flash (and having android 2.0 earlier) . Sounds like a no brainer but its actually a rather tough choice for me. HTC really did a great job with Sense UI. It ll really take me out of this misery if HTC just release the rumoured HTC Dragon now :D

Edited by cezent

Guest finisterre

Hmmmm. If this was shipping in the UK with Google Maps Navigation then I think I'd have my order placed by now.

As it is, I may just wait and see (although it's this wait and see attitude that means I'm sitting here writing this on my 3 and a half year old Hermes!).

Guest roy_drage

Placed my order today for the Uk Version from Expansys. £35 a month on a T-Mobile contract :D

Aparently Expansys will be the only place getting this beauty on contract and/or sim free or something until at least the new year!

Guest markdotpeters5

I'm getting very impatient, although their site still says shipping in two days, which I assume means it ships on Monday for Tuesday delivery.

Cheekily, it appears they took the money from my credit card when I placed the pre-order, which was over a week ago!

Paul: Are you aware Modaco doesn't appear to work on the iPhone at all? Is it the same with the Android browser, seeing as they're both webkit?

Edited by markdotpeters5

Guest roy_drage

My understanding is that the phone is released on the 7th, this is what it says on Expansys. Though I have also read on some sites the release date is the 9th, either way I expect/hope to have the phone by the end of next week.

Only placed my order a couple days ago, tho they have already taken the money from my account.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tribilin

Paul, I live in Argentina and currently have a Motorola Milestone with a SIM Lock it is such an incredible device!, the thing is that I need to unlock it for use with other Carrier

I bought the phone from a friend here to find out later, that he had already tryied to unlock it with two different codes bought from www.thephoneunlockers.com so, the phone just sits in the picture I am attaching until you dismiss it and doesn't ask for a new code

Before I knew that, I bought codes from the same place, and, what a surprise!! they send me the same codes to try and unlock it (2 different options only numeric and 2 other that are alphanumeric) all of them with 8 digits.

Do you know How to get rid of the message when someone has already inputed 3 wrong codes and go back to where it suppossedly asks for the codes?

Sorry for the question, but if you can please tell me all this so I can try to find new numbers.

Thanks a lot

Tribilin

P.S.: Rooting would allow me to unlock it?

post-422338-1262689480_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.