Custom Splash & Boot Screens for the Hero

Guest agent-5

Guest lusephur

Found this on deviantart, so i just customized it to 320x480 and converted, think this will be my splashscreen for a while :D

i've no idea about gif creation to be honest, but i wonder if it's possible to turn this image into a boot screen?

post-499744-1259711697_thumb.png

HTC_Hero.zip

Edited by lusephur

Guest lusephur

i'm at a loss to be honest, possibly due to tiredness.

but hmmm a fade in and progress bar sounds interesting. could the progress bar be a thin one? with the possibility to fade out near the end so it looks like it's part of the HTC on black backgound boot up? i'm assuming the hero and htc screens are separate, if not, there's no worries.

Guest lusephur

now my current splash, getting used to changing frequently, trying to set out a full theme, well as full a theme as i can manage without actually theming if that makes sense, will need some free time to get into actual rosie theming .

anyway, same as always, the zip contains two files, the rgb565 file and the png i used.

post-499744-1259783893_thumb.png

Goth_princess.zip

I can't Flash splash screen with fastboot

cause I'm using HBoot 1.76.0007 not 1.76.0004

It said "Remote not Allow"

Are there any way to flash splash without using fastboot

Thank....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made my own custom bootscreen based on the original HTC Hero splash by using hours in Jasc Animation Shop replacing the black background color with a transparent one. The result is attached. I thought you guys could be interested in the animated HTC and Hero logo with transparency. The GIF files can be found in the 'src' folder of the zip-file.

UPDATE:

Made a nicer fade-effect that is less uglier than the previous one.

Here is an optimized GIF-preview of the whole animation.

65049458883828507796.gif

The transparent files in the zip play like this when combined:

77746634461730612763.gif

karmus_bootscreen.zip

Edited by Karmus

Updated the fade-effect to a nice, transparent one. First I though it was impossible with transparent GIFs, but it turned up quite nicely and went beyond my expectations.

I made my own custom bootscreen based on the original HTC Hero splash by using hours in Jasc Animation Shop replacing the black background color with a transparent one. The result is attached. I thought you guys could be interested in the animated HTC and Hero logo with transparency. The GIF files can be found in the 'src' folder of the zip-file.

more on the way ????