Photo

Oversea's Transaction Fees when buying through the Market Place?!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Killian

Killian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I've had my hero for a few days and downloaded a few apps from the marketplace as they cost less than a dollar. Just checked my statement and everytime I've bought something Lloyds TSB have charged me £1 for an 'Oversea's Transaction Fee'. I'm just wondering if this is common or are Lloyds just being money grabbing tits?

m1.carson

m1.carson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Alcohol
  • Devices:Orange Hero
Hi,

I'm with LLoyds/TSB and YES I get charged for overseas transactions on E-Bay, so my cheap goods aint quite so cheap.

Max.

I'm not a silver surfer, I'm a shiny pink one !

Killian

Killian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Hi,

I'm with LLoyds/TSB and YES I get charged for overseas transactions on E-Bay, so my cheap goods aint quite so cheap.

Max.

Ebay? I pay via PayPal and never have an issue with that as they handle the payment. The only time I've ever had to pay that fee is when I pay my Usenet bill every month. Think I may just open up an account elsewhere for now, knowing my luck though they'll probably charge even more! :D

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/Nexus 4/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa

Ebay? I pay via PayPal and never have an issue with that as they handle the payment. The only time I've ever had to pay that fee is when I pay my Usenet bill every month. Think I may just open up an account elsewhere for now, knowing my luck though they'll probably charge even more! ;)

I've had the same issue with purchases from the Market Place, any transactions in a foreign currency my bank charges me £1.50 for the transaction so the app that seems reasonable at $0.99 is not so reasonable ;)

Found out after 1 purchase, I no longer buy any app that isn't in BSP.
It's a shame The Market Place, which can already detect via your mobile provider where you are, doesn't have all apps in the local currency, problem would be solved then, simples!!!!!!

I bank with HBOS

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

LG Nexus 4
Galaxy Nexus
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

John Vaudrey

John Vaudrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
I am with Halifax and also get a charge of £1.50, Why can't google check out charge the card in local currency like PayPal does

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie
I use a Tesco credit card and just pay whatever the exchange rate is on the day, no fees. I think the post office card will allow you to do the same.

Posted Image

Dan Mullen

Dan Mullen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Interests:Football (Sunderland AFC), snooker, tennis and darts. Also, PS3 games, creating dynamic websites and watching films.
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Cube U30GT II
  • Twitter:@danmullen

I use a Tesco credit card and just pay whatever the exchange rate is on the day, no fees. I think the post office card will allow you to do the same.

No extra fees for me, I'm with Smile (online bank, part of the Cooperative group).

Dan Mullen » http://www.mullen.org.uk
Stunshot - Web Hosting and Development » http://www.stunshot.com
Simply Dial - Cheap International Calls » http://www.simply-dial.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users