Oversea's Transaction Fees when buying through the Market Place?!

Guest Killian

Guest Killian

I've had my hero for a few days and downloaded a few apps from the marketplace as they cost less than a dollar. Just checked my statement and everytime I've bought something Lloyds TSB have charged me £1 for an 'Oversea's Transaction Fee'. I'm just wondering if this is common or are Lloyds just being money grabbing tits?

Guest Killian
Hi,

I'm with LLoyds/TSB and YES I get charged for overseas transactions on E-Bay, so my cheap goods aint quite so cheap.

Max.

Ebay? I pay via PayPal and never have an issue with that as they handle the payment. The only time I've ever had to pay that fee is when I pay my Usenet bill every month. Think I may just open up an account elsewhere for now, knowing my luck though they'll probably charge even more! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest masterpfa
Ebay? I pay via PayPal and never have an issue with that as they handle the payment. The only time I've ever had to pay that fee is when I pay my Usenet bill every month. Think I may just open up an account elsewhere for now, knowing my luck though they'll probably charge even more! ;)

I've had the same issue with purchases from the Market Place, any transactions in a foreign currency my bank charges me £1.50 for the transaction so the app that seems reasonable at $0.99 is not so reasonable ;)

Found out after 1 purchase, I no longer buy any app that isn't in BSP.

It's a shame The Market Place, which can already detect via your mobile provider where you are, doesn't have all apps in the local currency, problem would be solved then, simples!!!!!!

I bank with HBOS

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dan Mullen
I use a Tesco credit card and just pay whatever the exchange rate is on the day, no fees. I think the post office card will allow you to do the same.

No extra fees for me, I'm with Smile (online bank, part of the Cooperative group).