U8230 ROM on the Pulse... YES YOU CAN! :) [now with download!]

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted what I did earlier in the thread.

I will refactor this ROM into a stable, rooted, nice ROM soon, so wait if you are of a nervous disposition... this was just a quick-hack-to-play! :D

P

I will refactor this ROM into a stable, rooted, nice ROM soon, so wait if you are of a nervous disposition... this was just a quick-hack-to-play! ;)

P

yes i saw the post but i'm searching the method ... :D

I would like to know how you do that just for extend my personal culture :(

I have tried many methods but it did not work.....

Thanks

Guest helikopter

I will refactor this ROM into a stable, rooted, nice ROM soon, so wait if you are of a nervous disposition... this was just a quick-hack-to-play! :D

P

please, paul, do i have to re-root my phone after installing this rom? (post #46)

thanks!

Guest helikopter
Could someone test if geotagging works and if the orientation of vertically taken photos is correct now, please.

there's a serious issue with the rom that i just found out about. rebboots itself at phone calls. :D both at incoming and outcoming calls.

Hello all,

I'm another happy Pulse buyer. Cheers to this community for making the Pulse even better. Just registered to tell you I have the same issue with this rom. Reboots at making a call. I really like this speedy no nonsense android build. Any help would be fantastic! :-)

Btw did a wipe before and after updating..

Edited by adamas

Guest helikopter
Does the call reboot issue occur if you wiped?

P

i did a wipe, too. :(

i'm so sad now as this rom seemed to be just perfect. i hope that the problem will be solved by our gifted devs. :D

Guest martinbrook
i did a wipe, too. :(

i'm so sad now as this rom seemed to be just perfect. i hope that the problem will be solved by our gifted devs. :D

Paul said he had to do a mix and match with parts of the french stack and parts of the t-mobile stack, this may be the cause. As Paul said at the time this is just a quick look and not a polished ROM.

Read all you can and help us experiment.

Martin

Guest helikopter
Paul said he had to do a mix and match with parts of the french stack and parts of the t-mobile stack, this may be the cause. As Paul said at the time this is just a quick look and not a polished ROM.

Read all you can and help us experiment.

Martin

it's been clear to me right from the start. telling you which functions are working and which are not was all i could do to take part in this experiment as i'm noob with linux and cannot contribute in kernel development. so, i just wanted to tell you, devs, that it's the only thing i found that didn't work on this rom, and as it seems to be almost finished as is, i'm sure that in its tweaked form it will be like superman. :D i can definitely wait a few days or weeks for that one to arrive.

QUOTE(mapero @ Dec 1 2009, 18:50) *

Touchpal working now, thanks for that!

Reboot fixed Calendar,too.

May it possible to include the German Language files(Touchpal&Android), i can only select English/French.

Before selecting a language, some parts were German, some French.

com.cootek.touchpal.language.german.rar

Know, that! But maybe he can include it into the MCR 1.4.

Guest martinbrook
Ack, T-Mobile are sold out of the Pulse online now too apparently!

P

Probably due to the advertising you have been doing on the forum. Shot yourself in the foot there :D

Haha, yeah! :(

So, re: this ROM, as I said previously I used the Pulse boot.img in a hurry to get it working, the call problem could be due to that. I haven't looked them over yet to compare, but if anyone else is interested, here is the U8230 original boot image (complete with nice Huawei splash)...

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...2s06p4lox5uem92

Like I said, when I have time (probably next week) i'll have a look at it, but I know there are other more than capable peeps on here too and hopefully this download is an enabler! :D

P

I'm getting a

"Verifying update package

E:No signature (4 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted."

when I try to flash some new files. Help?

EDIT: Solved. Signapk.zip

EDIT2: I think i'm onto something =]

Edited by xangma

I am almost about to massively give up. I've done everything.

Got martinbrooks boot.img, broke it down, grabbed the kernel and combined it with the rawdisk out of the boot.img from the U8230 ROM ... learn LOADS about failing and yeah ... fail. This is obviously with the system.img from the U8230 on there too.

I don't know what else to do? =/

Guest martinbrook
I am almost about to massively give up. I've done everything.

Got martinbrooks boot.img, broke it down, grabbed the kernel and combined it with the rawdisk out of the boot.img from the U8230 ROM ... learn LOADS about failing and yeah ... fail. This is obviously with the system.img from the U8230 on there too.

I don't know what else to do? =/

Don't give up.

We need to find out what is different just as I did with the wifi issue. You have a system which works, stock tmobile and system which does not u8230. Probably best to forget my kernel for now as this is just another potential for differences. We will need it later on when we want to add ext3/4, swap, compcache etc but for this job its just another variable we don't need.

So what we need to do is find out the differences.

1. Is the kernel on the pulse same as the one on the u8230. The kernel text string looks the same but is it the same version. Compare dmesg from both systems assuming the u8230 kernel boots. It gives gcc version and time and date of complilation. If it does not complete the boot you may get a clue as to why. If it does are there any differences in the messages?

2. Unpack the ramdisk from the one Paul just posted mount and compare with the one from the u8230. What are the differences. Are they significant?

3. The system images can also be compared but I expect these not to be the problem area.

4. Does the system boot at all. It seems that android phones have a different standard for the boot, system, user partitions. Maybe the u8230 is different to the pulse.

Thats all I can think of ATM.

Thanks to Paul for posting the boot image that was going to be my next task to extract that from the french update. Paul, can you post a link to the procedure for that.

Martin

Martin

Simple really, I just hexedited the update, and searched for the signature at the start of a boot.img (it's like 'ANDROID!' or something). Once I had that, I searched for a pattern that looks like the end of the boot image, and hey presto, it worked. Nothing too scientific, just common sense! :D

P