Taking pictures with the front camera

Guest babyjosef17

Guest babyjosef17

Thank you very much for this. It was working for me. Video and Photo Selca. Amazing. Yes quality is not that good. although one thing good about this. I use the self cam first. Look at myself, get the best angle. then go back to normal cam and spin the phone. Tadaa the perfect Selca Pix. haha!

Althugh I still use the front cam alot for avatar pictures. thanks again!

Just add a new DWORD Value to the folder...

Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Samsung/Camera

Add new DWORD: SupportFrontCamera = 1

Start camera

Go to "Shooting mode" (second left icon from the top)

Select "Self"

and you have your front camera (640 x 480)

extracted from http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...rom-camera-app/

Cheers

Thank you - much appreciated! Works great on Omnia II, WM6.5 IJ9!!

Guest hpflyby
Same issue here -

I removed the registry entry but I'm still getting the error. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT -

Wow I figured it out. Change shooting mode reg key to "0".

Thanks for the Info ... saved my camera :)

• 3 weeks later...
omg...after i put SupportFrontCamera....

i restarted....

when i start the camera, it said "camera application terminates due to the absence of camera module"

wats going on?

can i fix it?

i have the same problem as yours

my camera module sometime missing. Two scenario that my camera cannot work intermitently

scenario 1 : when i press camera button, my cemera flash on and error message, "please update Camera firmware"

scenario 2: i use camera for a while then error message " missing camera module"

ROM info

PDA I18000NXXIJ9

CSC I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

I hard-reset also cannot solve the problem.

have you fit it? how?

• 2 months later...
Guest mumiekage
omniamasta I wonder if the wonderful user experience limiting Verizon has disabled that menu in their ROM? I presume you have the i920 and not an i8000, would explain why it does not seem to appear on your device.

I have the i920, the lcdtest.exe is on it, but you cannot access it from the phone I copied the program to another folder and ran it. camera start automatically, and said "camera application terminates due to the absence of camera module"

• 2 months later...
Guest ericuy
i have the same problem as yours

my camera module sometime missing. Two scenario that my camera cannot work intermitently

scenario 1 : when i press camera button, my cemera flash on and error message, "please update Camera firmware"

scenario 2: i use camera for a while then error message " missing camera module"

ROM info

PDA I18000NXXIJ9

CSC I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

I hard-reset also cannot solve the problem.

have you fit it? how?

Hi, I would like to ask if you have resolved this problem and how? I too am having this problem now. My phone is just less than 2months old, it was working perfect but today my camera suddenly won't work and giving me same message as you posted. Hope you can share what you did to resolve this problem. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Guest luqman5001
Hi, I would like to ask if you have resolved this problem and how? I too am having this problem now. My phone is just less than 2months old, it was working perfect but today my camera suddenly won't work and giving me same message as you posted. Hope you can share what you did to resolve this problem. Thanks!

yeah me too. same problem like you. a message come out 'camera application terminates due to absence of camera module'.

Guest bobfrantic

You may want to try the Delvius Registry Tweaker. It has some tweak settings to change things after a soft reset.

Here is his thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ted-28-02-2009/

Or try this cab to enable front cam... Found it on Modaco long time ago but can't remember who it is from, but Kudos to the developer, its great

enable_frontcamera.cab

Hope one of these are helpful to anyone looking for front cam enabling :rolleyes:

Edited by bobfrantic

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Kestrel34

hi! Was wondering what's the function of that front camera in Omnia II aside from videocalling..good thing saw this post. Followed what u suggested and it works! Thanks a lot! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest my name is james
Just add a new DWORD Value to the folder...

Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Samsung/Camera

Add new DWORD: SupportFrontCamera = 1

Start camera

Go to "Shooting mode" (second left icon from the top)

Select "Self"

and you have your front camera (640 x 480)

extracted from http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...rom-camera-app/

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------tu so much bro