Pimp my Manila- Add one or two Homescreenplugins to Manila-Homescreen [Tutorial]

Guest XphX

Hey folks,

With Phon Ex (which is only available for 15 days in the trial version!), you can open the phonebook and the call-protocol within a second. Due to the manila-people-tab it's unnecessary, but the application itself is very useful. I recommend installing the trial version anyway. Instead of using the plugin of Phon Ex, you can use the Today Launcher, there you can add 6 programs to the Manila-Hometab. This is pretty useful for me.

You must install Phon Ex and the M2D_TodayPage_0.2.1d.cab. With a registry editor the following entries must be set:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Iconsofd*\Phon Ex\Options\Today] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Phon Ex \ Phon Ex \ Options \ Today]

"CountElements"=hex:08,00,00,00 "Element Count" = hex: 08,00,00,00

"CallsLines"=dword:00000004 "Call lines" = dword: 00000004

"FavoritesLines"=dword:00000004 "Favorite Lines" = dword: 00000004

*It is Iconsofd with a "t", but I can't write the t due to the spamfilter.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Manila2D_TodayPage\Tab_01] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Manila2D_TodayPage \ Tab_01]

Rename Tab_01 to Tab_00, that's all.

Now turn off Manila (Settings> Home> instead of TouchFlo tick something else). Make sure that Manila is disabled.

Then you start the installed program in the Start menu (M2Dtp). On the top it shows "Tab_00". At "Ta6" we type "1". At X, we write 20, at Y 244, at W 199 and at B 39. In the box which displays a few plugins, we tab and hold in the white area. Now we add the Phon Ex plugin and confirm. Everything else has to be deleted from the list (highlight the unnecessary plugins and hold, then select the second option & confirm).

We save the actions with the left softbutton, then we press the right one, it's labeled with MEHO. Then select the last option, confirm with Yes. Reset the phone & done it should be.

If you want the today-launcher (attached), just select the launcher instead of the Phon Ex plugin. Important: you need to set the 6 items after installing: you will find the settings at Settings > Home > select the plugin and use the option-button.

XphX

post-576303-1259772622_thumb.jpg post-576303-1259772626_thumb.png post-576303-1259772641_thumb.png

M2D_TodayPage_0.2.1d.cab

Easy_Today_Launcher_v1.1.0.2.CAB

Edited by XphX

Guest badtrip

I'm experiencing a problem while using the program M2Dtp

while i try to save all the settings, the program crashes and "An unxpected error in M2DCfg.exe select quit and restart this program"

In the details i can see thats its a win32 exception.

Plus..

Dont understand why but i dont have [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Phon Ex entry in my registry!

Is there anything that i can do ?

Edited by badtrip

Guest Muncheno

Thanks Xphx & danilla (Ru)(M2D-TodayPage owner);

I have successful configure it.

post-585138-1259808407_thumb.png

For those who still dun quite understand about this tools. I try to explain here.

-What M2D_TP does?

It will bring the Items in your Home Screen into M2D Manilla.

-How to configure it?

You need to run M2D_tpConfig.exe (or .ink) to configure it. Make sure you close M2D Manilla (TouchFlo) before you configure, else u get error.

I'll disable Touchflo from home screen (Start->Settings->Home->Items->untick Touchflo) and soft reset. Then only run M2D_tpconfig.

-The menu is in Russian?

I didnt make the software. Our Russian friend Danilla did it.

post-585138-1259808418_thumb.pngpost-585138-1259808413_thumb.png

Here is what i guess about the menu (referring to attached pic above)

1st row -> Tab setting configuration set no.--> started with Tab_00 .....Tab_XX (Default is Tab_01 from Xphx)

2nd row -> Put the Items in which tab no of Touchflo --> 1 - means in Manilla home tab...and 2 mean in Manilla People Tab.

3rd row, X and Y -> This is the coordinate on where you want to put ur item within the tab screen.

4th row, W and B -> This is Width and Height of the items box will display on ur tab screen.

5th row, The items box -> at this moment I know how to add the item via registry edit.

You need to add new key in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Manila2D_TodayPage \ Tab_00]

The key name is string value-> Name 0X-Item Value: XXXX

0X is the sequent number. XXXX is the name from (Start->Settings->Home->Items->) example: Date or Messaging or Skype or Tasks

6th row -> is the UP --> to move item up

7th row -> is the down -> to move item down

Left Soft Key -> I think it is apply or save. If you already have touchflo with M2D_Tp running, you likely to get error when you press this. Therefore make sure you disable touchflo and softrest. Then rerun M2D_tpconfig again.

Right soft key,MEHO -> is the MENU

In the menu,

1st row -> New tab set no.

2nd row -> Delete set no.

3rd row -> Not sure...it is to disable or enable M2D_tp ???

4th row -> Save and exit? or just Exit....

Alright, here is the bonus after my long list. I have make a package with M2D-TodayPage plus Easy Today Launcher. You make download it at link below. Install it and soft reset. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?ejnno0kjt2f

This is should get you the same launcher and messaging bar as shown in picture above.

Because my launcher items is likely to different from yours. You need to set it urself.

To set your own items in the launcher, goto (Start->Settings->Home->Items->(tick) Easy Today Launcher -> Options)

Cheers,

Muncheno

Edited by Muncheno

I'm experiencing a problem while using the program M2Dtp

while i try to save all the settings, the program crashes... but i dont have [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Phon Ex entry in my registry!

If the program crashes... the settings should be saved anyway. This happens if Manila is still running (try resetting the device after disabling manila). Thanks for the information, there is no entry because i forgot something due to the frustrating spamfilter (it deletes the word "iconsofd", now i write it with a "d" instead of the "t" ;D)... Look for HKCU\Software\Iconsofd\Phon Ex.

XphX

Edited by XphX

Guest wjdunn3

Woot!  I was able to get this to work on my i910 running Airreaks Carbon Omega M2D2 v005 ROM and PhoneEx (can't stand the Winmo dialer).  This gives me the missed call notification that has been missing in the M2D2 builds.

post-567214-1259854370_thumb.jpg

Those not using PhoneEx, try adding the Messaging item and see if that will also give you the missed call notifications...  be interesting to see if it does.

does it work in my vogue?

If it runs Windows Mobile, why not?

In Your screen wireless manager is active but when i push the button there not any action

What wirelessmanager are you talking about?

XphX

Guest mikevillarroel
If it runs Windows Mobile, why not?

What wirelessmanager are you talking about?

XphX

I don't know, i did everything and still nothing happens, that's why I am asking.

post-594873-1259943146_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikevillarroel

Guest Muncheno
I don't know, i did everything and still nothing happens, that's why I am asking.

No wonder you cant, ur screen is qvga if I not mistaken. The setting is for WQVGA, therefore you need to play with X and Y coordinate. However looking at ur snapshot, you wont have space for the plugin.

Guest mikevillarroel
No wonder you cant, ur screen is qvga if I not mistaken. The setting is for WQVGA, therefore you need to play with X and Y coordinate. However looking at ur snapshot, you wont have space for the plugin.

What if i do it in another tab, like contacts or may be in the operator tab?

Guest Muncheno
What if i do it in another tab, like contacts or may be in the operator tab?

Contacts definite no..coz it will stay at the X, Y coordinate that u set and operator, I not too sure i never use it b4.

The plugin will stay at the coordinate u set and will on top of touchflo.

Edit:

You also need to edit the tab no. TA6., current setting is 1 therefore shown in tab no.1

Edited by Muncheno

Guest thescope

Wow this is fantastic! It makes M2D beat all other interfaces.

works 100%

Thanks Muncheno for the asy cab, XphX for explaning how to add Phon x!!

Edited by thescope

Guest mikevillarroel
Contacts definite no..coz it will stay at the X, Y coordinate that u set and operator, I not too sure i never use it b4.

The plugin will stay at the coordinate u set and will on top of touchflo.

Edit:

You also need to edit the tab no. TA6., current setting is 1 therefore shown in tab no.1

Ok helpme here please, what number i need to modify to fit the plugin on thew top right below the taskbar??

post-594873-1260223909_thumb.png