Photo

09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

havfunky

havfunky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile pulse

Just redo the December update, it will reset it back to stock.

cheers. so if they take it back they won't know that i've messed about with the software?

giryan

giryan

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

cheers. so if they take it back they won't know that i've messed about with the software?

I'm fairly sure not, well I guess theoretically they could dig deep enough and try to discover what's been previously flashed to it.
But I really doubt they'd do anything like that :P

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
I just tried this rom and im currently out of credit and for some reason when the phone is on it keeps trying to use a data connection for something, this doesnt happen in the t-mobile official rom how do i stop it trying constantly to use data connection because it keeps spamming a message saying i need to topup it makes it impossible to use the phone.

alpha232

alpha232

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Check for any apps/widgits you have installed/running - ive not had this problem

tonemgub

tonemgub

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Liquid
HI guys!

Could someone please post a mirror to the download? The site is down for me and i can't find any other link in google.

Nevermind found one http://www.fileuploadx.de/103165

Btw. what's wrong with romraid.com?

Edited by tonemgub, 10 May 2010 - 10:21 AM.

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Check for any apps/widgits you have installed/running - ive not had this problem

I already have, i wiped the phone before flashing this rom all the widgets are the ones that are built into the rom, every time wifi is disabled or i put the phone in standby and wifi goes into standby it keeps trying to connect via a data connection, i dont have the money to top my phone up and its incredibly annoying having to press ok to about 20+ messages saying i need to top up to use data connection.

If i disable data i get an annoying icon in the top bar telling me data is off and then it wont let me use android market over wifi if background data is disabled.

This doesnt happen with the stock December update T-Mobile rom.

Is there any way of stopping this?

I dont want to have to go back to T-Mobile rom i prefer the stock android look.

Edited by ArcticFox, 10 May 2010 - 07:37 PM.

Epic-Emodude

Epic-Emodude

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse, HTC Wildfire
  • Twitter:@Aaron_Durant
Hi.

I've just installed this ROM but whenever i go to the screen on the left and then try to swipe back it says "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Pleasee try again".

Is there a way around this or will i just have to not use the screen on the left?

Visit my website! uba-blog.co.uk

JingleManSweep

JingleManSweep

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
I've been using R6 (both with Apps2SD and without), and I'm experience loads of "force closes" and reboots. Not sure why as other users don't seem to be experiencing this many problems.

For example:

- Android Core and Voice Search crash on every startup (including first)
- Setup Wizard crashes and restarts (although it does remember my Google login)
- Everytime I unlock the phone, I get an "Android Core" and "Voice Search" force close
- The phone reboots every 5 to 20 minutes
- Random force closes involving "Dictionary", "Input Methods"

When I installed (both Apps2SD and without) ROMS, I use the following process:

- Reboot into recovery
- Perform Nandroid Backup
- Enable USB Mode
- Copy Nandroid backup to PC
- Wipe System (Factory Reset)
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Wipe SD:EXT
- Partition ("0 Swap, 0 EXT2, Remaining FAT" for Non Apps2SD version, "0 Swap, 512 EXT2, Remaining FAT" for Apps2SD version
- Enable USB Mode
- Copy ROM image to SD FAT partition via USB
- Flash ROM
- Using ADB, create the SD mount point (optional step if using Apps2SD)
- Reboot using recovery mode "Reboot" option

Apart from random reboots (when phone is idle, e.g. no user input), I experience reboots when performing the following operations:

- Immediately after voice input returns the processed text from their servers
- After reading an email (not Gmail, but IMAP configured email account)
- Occasionally after unlocking the phone after it has been asleep

I've had more stability with the Non Apps2SD version. I have not installed any other applications (from the market or unknown sources).

I understand this is a beta version, so not a complaint, but thought I'd share my experiences so far.

Cheers,

Louis

JingleManSweep

JingleManSweep

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
UPDATE: I just unlocked my phone and went to drag down the notification bar, and the entire phone froze for a few seconds, then restarted.

This is weird as I installed R6 last night, and the phone seemed quite usable for some time. So much so, that I recommended upgrading to 2.1 to my work colleague, but for the last few hours it has become very unstable, and I haven't changed anything since last night.

escudo

escudo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys,

I have this strange 'Problem'.
Installed the rom on my Pulse, after having the December update installed.
Now the lock screen, is the same as on the pulse (the slide upwards thing). That's not really a problem.... what is the problem:
The background of that lockscreen is unchangable....thus it does not change according to the normal background I install.
Anyone had this same problem?
Before i installed, i wiped the phone, so this shouldn't be the problem, right?

Thanks in advance!

escudo

escudo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi.

I've just installed this ROM but whenever i go to the screen on the left and then try to swipe back it says "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Pleasee try again".

Is there a way around this or will i just have to not use the screen on the left?

Hey man. I had exactly the same earlier today. Problem is that i went from Tmob verson to this Vanilla style version and didnt wipe the phone. @ that point it wanted to show the Tmob widget on the left screen. Ocasionally this Vanilla rom does not have these tmob widgets, but still it is trying to show it.(Since you did not wipe the phone, i guess it reminds everything and places it to the original place)
What i did to solve the problem:
Wipe the phone and reinstall the rom. Then i had this problem which i posted right above this post. Which is odd....

h3dshot

h3dshot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w, SGS 2

I already have, i wiped the phone before flashing this rom all the widgets are the ones that are built into the rom, every time wifi is disabled or i put the phone in standby and wifi goes into standby it keeps trying to connect via a data connection, i dont have the money to top my phone up and its incredibly annoying having to press ok to about 20+ messages saying i need to top up to use data connection.

If i disable data i get an annoying icon in the top bar telling me data is off and then it wont let me use android market over wifi if background data is disabled.

This doesnt happen with the stock December update T-Mobile rom.

Is there any way of stopping this?

I dont want to have to go back to T-Mobile rom i prefer the stock android look.

erm hi, i have the vanilla rom and my phone lets me do whatever using wifi or data service, i dont need to have data service on to connect to market.
but then again most of the time i do cos i have that £10 a month topup thing where it gives unlimited internet and texts for the next month, maybe you should look into that?

only advice i can give is to reformat(wipe) your phone again :)

JohnPorter

JohnPorter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse with J-MOD v1.4
hi guys,

i've got the vanilla 1.7 rom installed and my phone is working okay. i just want to know how to tell if ap2sd is installed an working correctly?

ogiogi

ogiogi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Twitter:@ogigoce

hi guys,

i've got the vanilla 1.7 rom installed and my phone is working okay. i just want to know how to tell if ap2sd is installed an working correctly?

See how much internal storage space you have free. Then install some apps and see if it will change.

bas-r

bas-r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 16GB
Does anybody know what will happen with A2SD when I don't have an EXT partition?
Will it just install apps on the phone memory, and more importantly, will it NOT need the ext-cleaning from recovery after a reboot?

This is, because I'm giving the Pulse to my GF, and I know she won't be installing loads of apps, and I don't want to burden her to go into recovery and repair the EXT partition after a reboot.

ogiogi

ogiogi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Twitter:@ogigoce

Does anybody know what will happen with A2SD when I don't have an EXT partition?
Will it just install apps on the phone memory, and more importantly, will it NOT need the ext-cleaning from recovery after a reboot?

This is, because I'm giving the Pulse to my GF, and I know she won't be installing loads of apps, and I don't want to burden her to go into recovery and repair the EXT partition after a reboot.

If u don't create the EXT partition, the apps will be installed on the phone memory, and no ext repair after restart :).

bas-r

bas-r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 16GB
Cool. She happy. And me with my new Desire :)

TobiasFP

TobiasFP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230

I've been using R6 (both with Apps2SD and without), and I'm experience loads of "force closes" and reboots. Not sure why as other users don't seem to be experiencing this many problems.

For example:

- Android Core and Voice Search crash on every startup (including first)
- Setup Wizard crashes and restarts (although it does remember my Google login)
- Everytime I unlock the phone, I get an "Android Core" and "Voice Search" force close
- The phone reboots every 5 to 20 minutes
- Random force closes involving "Dictionary", "Input Methods"

When I installed (both Apps2SD and without) ROMS, I use the following process:

- Reboot into recovery
- Perform Nandroid Backup
- Enable USB Mode
- Copy Nandroid backup to PC
- Wipe System (Factory Reset)
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Wipe SD:EXT
- Partition ("0 Swap, 0 EXT2, Remaining FAT" for Non Apps2SD version, "0 Swap, 512 EXT2, Remaining FAT" for Apps2SD version
- Enable USB Mode
- Copy ROM image to SD FAT partition via USB
- Flash ROM
- Using ADB, create the SD mount point (optional step if using Apps2SD)
- Reboot using recovery mode "Reboot" option

Apart from random reboots (when phone is idle, e.g. no user input), I experience reboots when performing the following operations:

- Immediately after voice input returns the processed text from their servers
- After reading an email (not Gmail, but IMAP configured email account)
- Occasionally after unlocking the phone after it has been asleep

I've had more stability with the Non Apps2SD version. I have not installed any other applications (from the market or unknown sources).

I understand this is a beta version, so not a complaint, but thought I'd share my experiences so far.

Cheers,

Louis

+1

I also hace the problem that sometimes when in terminal (any terminal, BTE, Terminal, etc), it almost always crashes.. Not just when su´ing.

SweetAdii

SweetAdii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8230
Thanks for this good work man
My Huawei 8230 was almost dead but when i install your rom it alive again lolz but i face one problem touchscreen is not working on my mobile plz help
reply ASAP

Thanks in advance
Adnan

darkdevil1

darkdevil1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse
Does anyone still have this file and is willing to upload it somewhere? The link in the OP 404s and the link posted above also... :(
Desperately tried using Google but all sites seem to point to the romraid mirror that isn't available any more.

After messing around with all sorts of roms since I got my pulse a few years back, I still find this rom runs faster and more stable than any other rom out there (without A2SD). Granted, it's only android 1.5, but my mom doesn't mind ;)

Edited by darkdevil1, 20 October 2011 - 12:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users