The EzInput Thread

Guest MAMBO04

Guest steff195

Ok guys, the keyboard is great, but there's one thing that bothers me (visually ;) ).

It doesn't have its own keyboard icon in the taskbar. Is this happening to me only? Although EZInput is selected I see either the Samsung Keyboard or Fingerkeyboard icons. I even uninstalled Fingerkeyboard, but the same. ;)

Some help?

Edited by steff195

It has the same icon i guess... I got rid of it though because of the camera focus problem. The keyboard is not that good, but time will tell, maybe some1 will fix it...

Guest steff195

Does anyone know a trick, a registry tweak or something to turn off XT9, as I don't use it... it gets on even though it's not set to XT9. It drives me crazy. :) The keyboard is great and I don't wanna say "pass" to it just because of this.

Does someone know how to add or change some characters (keys) in a pop-up row of a pushed key? e.g. (c = ' ć č)

Thank you

Edited by EduX

Does anyone know a trick, a registry tweak or something to turn off XT9, as I don't use it... it gets on even though it's not set to XT9. It drives me crazy. :) The keyboard is great and I don't wanna say "pass" to it just because of this.

Open any registry editor (I use Resco Explorer and its registry addin) and go to

HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409\

and change following:

key "Ime File" from XT9ime.dll into Compime.dll

key "Layout Text" from XT9 IME into COMP IME.

and Soft Reset after a little while.

The XT9 will be off by default from now on, but as I found out it causes the samsung keypad and phonepad unable to enter letters (it's impossible to change input to letters - only digits available).

Edited by Toldo

Guest dowiepower

Aww mate ive been witing for someone to make this work, ive tried every keyboard and skin under the moon but this is swell. works perfectly on mine cnt c anything wrong at the moment.

Guest big_mike_2k6
Aww mate ive been witing for someone to make this work, ive tried every keyboard and skin under the moon but this is swell. works perfectly on mine cnt c anything wrong at the moment.

i agree with you. this is my top keyboard at the moment. the main issue is the xt9 doesnt work properly but i dont use it so for me its no biggie

Edited by big_mike_2k6

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fa310tx
- Vibration works -you have to do this little reg trick:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\Keystate]

"UseService"=DWORD:00000001

This has, apparently, been around for a while, but this is the first I've seen it. The lack of vibration was the biggest annoyance to this, otherwise, perfect keyboard.

If there was a Thanks button, I'd hit it.

JJ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fa310tx
This has, apparently, been around for a while, but this is the first I've seen it. The lack of vibration was the biggest annoyance to this, otherwise, perfect keyboard.

If there was a Thanks button, I'd hit it.

JJ

This, apparently, doesn't work when cooked in, but it does work after the fact.

JJ

Guest PayAndCry
read the Toldo's registry trick upper :P , it helps.

Do you mean when I turn off XT9 in registry it also solves the issue with the camera button?

Finally succeeded in making a cab which doesn't freeze the screen ;) . No camera focus button problems either.

I've tested it out on a COM 2 build and had no problems, but do make a backup of your messages etc just in case ;) .

Do note that Samsung Keyboard's T9 will be disabled if you already have it. No landscape support either. Install TouchInput to get haptic feedback.

Download and install to device, and soft reset. You'll need to choose TouchInput as the keyboard after the reboot as it's not set by default.

TouchInput.png

WQVGA_EZinput.zip

Edited by ock

Guest rpmm70
Finally succeeded in making a cab which doesn't freeze the screen ;) . No camera focus button problems either.

I've tested it out on a COM 2 build and had no problems, but do make a backup of your messages etc just in case ;) .

Do note that Samsung Keyboard's T9 will be disabled if you already have it. No landscape support either. Install TouchInput to get haptic feedback.

Download and install to device, and soft reset. You'll need to choose TouchInput as the keyboard after the reboot as it's not set by default.

TouchInput.png

Keyboard works great. Did a quick registry edit to get haptic feedback and camera button still works. Thanks for the hard work.