[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Guest emperorben

Try this registry change and see if you can get back the Video Call

Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin

change Enabled > 1 to 0

Thanks RFD for the rom...

Yep Samsung settings crashes at some areas.. particularly the MMS options.

I installed arcsoft, i can't view previous mms, but seems to be able to compose new mms, haven't tested sending.

no samsung dialer means no video call means phone is crippled like iphone :D

overall seems speedy. lock screen still lags as normal wm6.5, get the fix from xda forums!

EDIT: The ARCSOFTMMS I posted in the other thread works for MMS on this phone. You will not be able to view previous backupped mms though. also u need to learn how to edit arcsoft settings to fit your mms gateway.

Also, can someone provide some help on which files and registry edits are needed to put the samsung dialer back?

Edited by emperorben

Guest tacchan23

First of all THANKS for your work!

Bug report (or advice request^^):

- Pictures on Today (try to open a non existing file I think)

- Samsung Setting: error msg when accessing "Items on Today" (problem has occurred with setting_t.exe)

- Operator Settings: before everything was automatically configured (wap, mms, gprs) while recognising the SIM card, any way to get it back? does it depend on CSC being erased? (I had the UK csc with a Thai SIM btw)

- After every soft reset I'm asked every time to start a newer GarminXT version installed in the Storage Card (usually this happened only the first time after flash a new rom)

- when I installed SPB mobile shell. I got it in Dutch°_°

Very nice idea:

- Renamed buttons; lateral button already assigned to Rotate Screen and Hexagon botton to launch WM start menu

- the new startup screen is a lot better

I would also take out:

Windows Live (weather, money, messanger)

Bing Search Widget

Office Mobile

Guest monyozt
Try this registry change and see if you can get back the Video Call

Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin

change Enabled > 1 to 0

i just found this on my registry

HKLM\Security\Phone\ already enable with advance config tools without success

Guest rodrigofd

I was out last hours, well, i've been reading reports.... Take it easy on me ! its my first release :D ...

okay i'll clarify some stuff:

SAMSUNG DIALER IS NOT COOKED IN ! you wont' be able to load it.. i'll start to post samsung cabs in a while... starting from the so called samsung dialer, so you'll get video call back.. dont mess with registry

Also i'll get cabs for the samsung 'large indicator' for the task bar, volume control, etc etc...

So seems the biggest problems so far, are the samsung settings > i suspect has to do with widgetplus... and the pictures viewer association..

Unfortunately, i am playing with my other custom rom now in my phone, so i can't debug your reports ;)....

CHECK MY NEW THREAD for the other rom, if you're interested... i posted a youtube demo.. :( rom coming soon

Guest monyozt
I was out last hours, well, i've been reading reports.... Take it easy on me ! its my first release :D ...

okay i'll clarify some stuff:

SAMSUNG DIALER IS NOT COOKED IN ! you wont' be able to load it.. i'll start to post samsung cabs in a while... starting from the so called samsung dialer, so you'll get video call back.. dont mess with registry

Also i'll get cabs for the samsung 'large indicator' for the task bar, volume control, etc etc...

So seems the biggest problems so far, are the samsung settings > i suspect has to do with widgetplus... and the pictures viewer association..

Unfortunately, i am playing with my other custom rom now in my phone, so i can't debug your reports ;) ....

CHECK MY NEW THREAD for the other rom, if you're interested... i posted a youtube demo.. :( rom coming soon

could you please attach cab for default samsung keyboard+XT9? and do you know parameters to call pictures viewer from windows dir bro? i want to setup pictures viewer as default to open images

Strange, i used a method that one of MODACO admins provided me, PAUL, and it seems some people could download successfully...

I'll PM you with some solution dont worry :D

Mr. rodrigofd san,My hero.I had successful to download in this link(pda.new part) .Many thanks :(

post-454755-1259907354_thumb.jpg

Guest Mighty Warriors

Just a suggestion, the subsequent version if possible remove opera also. So that we can always install on our own the latest version easily

Guest bennyx8903

:D This is so awesome!!

THank you for all your hardwork in doing this.

I have i8000L (from Canada)

Hopefully it will work with no problems, or some more developement for i8000L.

just a general question on these things. So if i8000L and i8000 have basically the same hardware, why are the Roms not inter changeable?

Guest wiggy6230

Hello,

Well done have just flashed to you Lite ROM and its very roomy :D

What Ive noticed,

X Button doesnt close programs

Opening Items on Today through Samsung Settings gets " A problem has occurred with setting_t.exe.

The 4 Rows Start menu doesnt work, after install and soft reset I still have the standard 3 rows.

No Auto configure Operator Settings at first power up.

The problem with Titainium pictures can be solved with Resco File Explorer, open Resco and try to open a picture file, it should ask you "What program to open with?" select Pictures & Videos and now all should open in Titainium Pictures but also through File Explorer.

Would it be possible for you to make a few cabs:

1. Threaded messaging back as I send alot of mms.

2. Samsung Dialer

3. Samsung Querty Keyboard +Xt9

Will post pics and finding as the day goes on.

Keep up the good work.

Wiggy

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest tacchan23
- Operator Settings: before everything was automatically configured (wap, mms, gprs) while recognising the SIM card, any way to get it back? does it depend on CSC being erased? (I had the UK csc with a Thai SIM btw)

Nobody else has this problem? before I never even looked into manual configuration couse after the first boot it would recognise my SIM card and set the operator's info.

Is this related to CSC?

Guest monyozt
Nobody else has this problem? before I never even looked into manual configuration couse after the first boot it would recognise my SIM card and set the operator's info.

Is this related to CSC?

me 2. need manual setting on connection. connection not auto configuration

Guest Michal Vogl

Is this related to CSC?

It is in CSC. I load also csc with my language. Connection is OK and in SPB I can change to my language.

Guest monyozt
It is in CSC. I load also csc with my language. Connection is OK and in SPB I can change to my language.

do you mean when you flashing you don't check "erase CSC"??

Guest wiggy6230

@ Tacchan

Hello,

I did notice this when it powered up, Ive not set anything up yet (WAP/MMS) but will be in touch with my Operator soon.

Cheers.

Wiggy

Guest monyozt

to able view images file from file explorer, instal ttlcmd. then browse an image. then tap n hold the image-properties klik "associate" tab,click assosiate

on command fill with this parameter \Windows\pimg.exe works fine for me

Guest tacchan23

I flashed back the CSC (which I had erased before) and it now gets the operator settings automatically.

So far there are these differences (couse of the CSC):

- a link to the WM calculator in the Start Menu (I think before was not there)

- a non working link to Samsung App store

- the new HTC theme is still selected on the Item on today settings but is not displayed. if you select another theme and then set it back it's working anyway

- some more themes for the Today screem

So nothing bad at the moment... hope not to find them later:P

Guest tacchan23

UPDATE: with the CSC it now detect the operator setting... but connection still not working:(

maybe the Samsung Wireless manager missing may cause it?