Bricked i900: Stuck on Samsung omnia screen

Guest ...angel...

Guest chandanbs

angel.. things to do first..

1. make sure you charge your omnia's battery 100% using wall charger.

2. make sure your usb drivers are installed properly on your machine (preferably win-xp professional).

3. then, try using grandprix to flash a stable rom.

Hope you have taken care of the above 2 steps.

Guest ...angel...
angel.. things to do first..

1. make sure you charge your omnia's battery 100% using wall charger.

2. make sure your usb drivers are installed properly on your machine (preferably win-xp professional).

3. then, try using grandprix to flash a stable rom.

Hope you have taken care of the above 2 steps.

the omnia cannot be detected by my computer using grandprix.... i really don't know what to do now...X_X

Guest Nicklashidegard
i connect it directly to my pc...

As long as you can see the Samsung logo you're alright.. Flashing through XP using the .exe works fine (trust me, i built 50+ non-booters that hangs on the first samsung logo).

Guest ...angel...
As long as you can see the Samsung logo you're alright.. Flashing through XP using the .exe works fine (trust me, i built 50+ non-booters that hangs on the first samsung logo).

thanks for your reply.. what particular .exe can i use sir? the pc cannot detect my omnia...

Guest Nicklashidegard
thanks for your reply.. what particular .exe can i use sir? the pc cannot detect my omnia...

When you download a ROM, is it normally an .exe file?? (my roms are anyway). That's the .exe to use, but only in XP. ;)

Guest ...angel...
When you download a ROM, is it normally an .exe file?? (my roms are anyway). That's the .exe to use, but only in XP. ;)

yes sir... i have already used a rom of yours and it's so great... the 28005 flotanium.... but sir my very big problem is that my computer can't detect my i900 now...

Guest kudos-c

Did you try to update using the ************Emergency Mode************?

If you don't know how to access the ************Emergency Mode************:

1- Just download any official ROM udpate from: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp .

2- Download Wincontrol from the attachments.

3- Open the update.

4- Open wincontrol, press software tweaks button (up left), hold the lens and put it in the blank space above the white box of "Tick this box after you have connected ....etc."

(Put the lens in the exact position as if there was a white box above the two boxes, until in the handle info box there is the word "Button").

5- Press "Show".

6- Connect your Omnia to the PC.

7- Press **********Emergency Mode************

8- It will ask you to manually reset you're device...

Actually i didn't manage to try this method by myself, i just read it; so hopefully it works for you

from this topic http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-story-to-tell/

Edited by kudos-c

Guest ...angel...
Did you try to update using the ************Emergency Mode************?

If you don't know how to access the ************Emergency Mode************:

1- Just download any official ROM udpate from: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp .

2- Download Wincontrol from the attachments.

3- Open the update.

4- Open wincontrol, press software tweaks button (up left), hold the lens and put it in the blank space above the white box of "Tick this box after you have connected ....etc."

(Put the lens in the exact position as if there was a white box above the two boxes, until in the handle info box there is the word "Button").

5- Press "Show".

6- Connect your Omnia to the PC.

7- Press **********Emergency Mode************

8- It will ask you to manually reset you're device...

Actually i didn't manage to try this method by myself, i just read it; so hopefully it works for you

from this topic http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-story-to-tell/

it stays on the pop up window of "please manually reset your phone"... does it mean it can't detect my phone?..

Try to format your or make a partition and reinstall XP on it and than try to flash, because it seems a pc problem, or if you have an other pc try with it or with your friend pc...

Guest ...angel...
Try to format your or make a partition and reinstall XP on it and than try to flash, because it seems a pc problem, or if you have an other pc try with it or with your friend pc...

sir i've already used my friend's PC... with XP in it, activesync and drivers installed... but it still can't detect my phone.... X_X

please help...... ;)

If you are using Vista try the method explained in pictures

Be sure to go to windows mobile device center-->connection setting and remove all the check boxes as in photo

do this settings before connecting your phone to the computer

also the normal vista driver that came with the original CD of the phone will work no need to use samsung modem driver for XP

At least it work for mine

For more information about using grand prix search in modaco

post-606858-1260649239_thumb.jpg

post-606858-1260649451_thumb.jpg

post-606858-1260649527_thumb.jpg

USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.exe

i900_EXEcutor.exe

Guest ...angel...
If you are using Vista try the method explained in pictures

Be sure to go to windows mobile device center-->connection setting and remove all the check boxes as in photo

do this settings before connecting your phone to the computer

also the normal vista driver that came with the original CD of the phone will work no need to use samsung modem driver for XP

At least it work for mine

For more information about using grand prix search in modaco

Thanks sir I'll tell the technician to try this one before repairing the PCB Board... My phone is now in the repair shop... It will cost 100 USD to repair it... So expensive ;)

Guest chief_wolfinjo

hello,

I have read all about "HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL" and about Wincontrol tread and In this moment I have windows 7 on my pc

but I installed VMware's Workstation and I installed win xp sp2 inlcuded... but the problem is the same :

the phone turns on and only display Samsung omnia boot screen

and also stops there..... my pc cant detect it aslo at all.... no windows sound at all....

What I need to do that my pc can detect it ?

on widnows 7 and on windowx xp sp2 it is the same problem that my pc just cant detect my i900......

it is not completly dead becuase it powers up and shows omnia boot screen......

and I dont know which firmware version is, can I use any updater for i900 or it has to be specific one

I know only that is bought in UK.....

and when I use WinControl , I dont see **************** Emergency mode ******************

where I can find this **************** Emergency mode ******************

I only can enable the button but tha it says :

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

please help

tnx

Guest ...angel...

UPDATE: Already fixed by an expert using Samsung Omnia Repair Tool

hello,

I have read all about "HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL" and about Wincontrol tread and In this moment I have windows 7 on my pc

but I installed VMware's Workstation and I installed win xp sp2 inlcuded... but the problem is the same :

the phone turns on and only display Samsung omnia boot screen

and also stops there..... my pc cant detect it aslo at all.... no windows sound at all....

What I need to do that my pc can detect it ?

on widnows 7 and on windowx xp sp2 it is the same problem that my pc just cant detect my i900......

it is not completly dead becuase it powers up and shows omnia boot screen......

and I dont know which firmware version is, can I use any updater for i900 or it has to be specific one

I know only that is bought in UK.....

and when I use WinControl , I dont see **************** Emergency mode ******************

where I can find this **************** Emergency mode ******************

I only can enable the button but tha it says :

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

please help

tnx

The pc cannot detect the i900 omnia and there's only the "Samsung Omnia" logo? Maybe you have a broken eboot like mine... And luckily... Someone had revived my omnia... He's from the Philippines with Samsung Omnia Repair tool...

Guest Geraldous

The pc cannot detect the i900 omnia and there's only the "Samsung Omnia" logo? Maybe you have a broken eboot like mine... And luckily... Someone had revived my omnia... He's from the Philippines with Samsung Omnia Repair tool...

what part of Philippines angel and how much? how long did it take for him to repair?

Guest chief_wolfinjo

hi,

yes that is ... but I have give it to private service for repair... and it will cost 10 euros.... really cheap

also I know about this samsung omnia repair tool but you need a box for this and jtag.......

so it is better to give it to service..

tnx :)

Guest ...angel...
what part of Philippines angel and how much? how long did it take for him to repair?

He's in Caloocan City in Metro Manila. It depends on the version of your i900 and the repair to be done. In my case, it is a new version of i900 so it costs Php 5000.

hi,

yes that is ... but I have give it to private service for repair... and it will cost 10 euros.... really cheap

also I know about this samsung omnia repair tool but you need a box for this and jtag.......

so it is better to give it to service..

tnx :)

Sir maybe you don't have a broken eboot. The samsung omnia repair tool is for broken eboot. The one he did for your phone is not boot repair but only software repair. The cheapest boot repair is by elco of Romania. It costs 30 euros.

Guest chief_wolfinjo
He's in Caloocan City in Metro Manila. It depends on the version of your i900 and the repair to be done. In my case, it is a new version of i900 so it costs Php 5000.

Sir maybe you don't have a broken eboot. The samsung omnia repair tool is for broken eboot. The one he did for your phone is not boot repair but only software repair. The cheapest boot repair is by elco of Romania. It costs 30 euros.

I dont know is it a boot repair or not, but elco from Romania (Rumunjska) it is not cheapest....

Have nice day !!!

sir i've already used my friend's PC... with XP in it, activesync and drivers installed... but it still can't detect my phone.... X_X

please help...... :)

Angel asan k b d2 pinas ako n nga lang aayos ng phone mo pero pa kape mko hehehe