JC, MAMBO04 and Bruno Adler ROM Thread

Guest cruddasj

Guest cruddasj
hey cruddasj, I'm quite interested in your "True and blue" 28011, but before i flash i got to ask some questions:

is ms office kept or removed? I'd prefer it removed since it saves space (as you can install to My Storage/microSD card). Also there's the new office mobile 2010 beta.

is there chinese support? as in I know it's not pre-cooked, but if I install a chinese keyboard do I get chinese support or must I install fonts or something? I'm on s0cks ancient 6.1 ROM now, I got chinese support once i installed the keyboard. Also do keyboards have to be modified to work with 6.5.1+ ROMS (i'm worried about the keyboard overlapping thing) or is it just swype that has the bug?

also with regards to omniaLITE apps I agree to keeping them out of the ROM (including phonebook). that way your ROM can cater to more people's needs (such as people who don't like omniaLITE apps). phonebook is redundant if one installs spb mobile shell anyway.

lastly, is your rom mostly bug-free? I'm using the omnia as my only phone so I'm sort of hesitant to flash if there are major bugs. does your rom have sleep of death where phone cannot wake up after being put to sleep?

sorry for the many questions, your rom looks awesome. i'm looking forward to the black rom too! =)

Hello,

I have been running my ROM since last night and tested it thoroughly. Has been bug free and also has good power management ;) I would not release a ROM if it had the sleep of death bug!!! ;) lol. I'm aiming to keep all my ROMs as bug free as is possible with the new builds!

Office has not been removed as I have kept all of the microsoft apps, hence naming it 'true'. I am making ROMs that I believe are what microsoft believe the OS should be. If you install the new Office 2010 it will overwrite the old version and does not take up too much extra space ;)

Im not sure if it will cater for the chinese fonts :( I removed panel FS from the ROM to lighten it, which i believe is used for the chinese input method. If you send me a cab of the chinese keyboard i am happy to test it for you and see what happens :P

From what I am aware, it is only Swype that overlaps. I have used the standard samsung keyboard and bgills black of which both have worked prefectly ;)

Any further questions, feel free to PM me.

New ROM DEV Team!

Hey all. Over the past week there has been talk of me and bruno starting a ROM dev team. Well now its grown to three ;) Me, Mambo04 and Bruno. This is the new thread where the ROMs will be released.

All ROMs will be released with an MD5 Checksum so that you know if the .exe has downloaded okay. Just check the MD5 against ours provided using MD5 Summer found at: http://www.md5summer.org/

If they match then you know everything is okay! :(

So lets kick things off. Heres my first release, which I am calling 'True and Blue'. Ive tried to keep this as close to the microsoft image but with a little few extras that i find useful ;)

JC True and Blue 28011

screen01rj.png28011screen.pngscreen03gb.png

280112.pngscreen05x.pngscreen08e.png

Memory usage:

Storage:

Total: 146.32 Mb

In Use: 11.78 Mb

Free: 134.54 Mb

Program:

Total: 97.24

In use: 37.80 Mb

Free: 59.45 Mb

Removed:

Dice Game

Digital Frame

Samsung Favourite Settings

Games

Google Launcher

Infrared drivers (omnia doesnt need them)

Samsung Main Menu

Media Album

Opera

Panel FS

Photoslides

Podcasts

RSS Reader

Samsung Clock

Sharepix

Shozu

Smart Converter

Samsung Today 1 and 2

Samsung Online widgets

Touch player

Welcome Centre

Kept:

Samsung Keyboard (black version by bgill)

Smart Reader

Google Maps

Added:

Net framework 3.5

cHome editor

Favourite hackings

Touch response improvement

Smaller icons with better resolution

Build is now 28011. Only slight bug found is that when first changing theme, background wallpaper will only change after a soft reset.

Download link (28011 release): http://200.98.236.85/True%20and%20Blue%2028011%20Final.zip

NO PHONE PART INCLUDED FOR LESS CHANCE OF BRICKING ;)

Enjoy ;)

Thanks go to Nicklashidegard, Knotbeerdan, Ock, Rtomakov and of course Mambo04 and Bruno :P

dude thanks, but 1 problem win rar and 7zip says file is corrupt, broken. i'm afraid to flash, please advise.  :(

Guest cruddasj
dude thanks, but 1 problem win rar and 7zip says file is corrupt, broken. i'm afraid to flash, please advise. ;)

Hey,

Id try and download it again. It sounds like something has gone funny on the download. Others on this page have used the ROM and liked it ;) so it must be uploaded okay.

When you get it fully downloaded, if it will extract okay then check the MD5 hash ive provided with it to let you know that it is exactly how i had uploaded it ;)

Let me know how you get on ;)

Hey,

Id try and download it again. It sounds like something has gone funny on the download. Others on this page have used the ROM and liked it ;) so it must be uploaded okay.

When you get it fully downloaded, if it will extract okay then check the MD5 hash ive provided with it to let you know that it is exactly how i had uploaded it ;)

Let me know how you get on ;)

Dear cruddasj, i have download 3times already and when i checked the md5 this is what i got

post-537928-1260489668_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rebels

Dear cruddasj, i have download 3times already and when i checked the md5 this is what i got

cruddasj, i downloaded with a different dwmanager and now its ok not showing any errors ;) sorry to bother u, now gonna try ;)

Guest melodysilly
Good point about the folders. Im hesitant to put the omnia lite apps in though. I will be adding XDA_UC to my next ROM (i used it in pre-builds of 'true and blue' but only just found out the trigger for second boot) This way, you can kind of create your own ROM on startup lol. Just add what Omnia Lite apps/ programs etc... you want into a folder on your storage card called 'XDA_UC' and it will install them all silently on first boot.

The omnia lite apps cant be removed if they are set as default so i would rather keep it optional via XDA_UC. The only one I would really consider as a default would be the phonebook.

Im not too sure about showcase, I used it myself but wasnt really impressed. X button should already be in the ROM, its not 100% compatible with the new GUI though so not everything closes ;) so will need to find a different task manager that does the same thing.

Idea for the black rom is to have everything that i find essential, as well as stuff like facebook, fb IM, added themes, M2D as well as titanium and just general glossiness on top. I imagine that the memory will not be nearly as good. But i will try to keep it under the 40mb mark leaving 100mb free storage. Will have to experiment with it.

If you would fancy being a beta tester of the build before public release, PM me.

Thanks

The use of showcase is when i install resco explorer, the below taskbar won't be over resco explorer windows. it's quite great. i recommended it to u.. ;)

I'll keep supporting u..

gud luck..!!

Guest melodysilly
Hello,

I have been running my ROM since last night and tested it thoroughly. Has been bug free and also has good power management ;) I would not release a ROM if it had the sleep of death bug!!! ;) lol. I'm aiming to keep all my ROMs as bug free as is possible with the new builds!

Office has not been removed as I have kept all of the microsoft apps, hence naming it 'true'. I am making ROMs that I believe are what microsoft believe the OS should be. If you install the new Office 2010 it will overwrite the old version and does not take up too much extra space ;)

Im not sure if it will cater for the chinese fonts :( I removed panel FS from the ROM to lighten it, which i believe is used for the chinese input method. If you send me a cab of the chinese keyboard i am happy to test it for you and see what happens :P

From what I am aware, it is only Swype that overlaps. I have used the standard samsung keyboard and bgills black of which both have worked prefectly ;)

Any further questions, feel free to PM me.

+1 :(

Guest cruddasj

Hey, Have you unzipped it first? The MD5 was made when it was in a folder, it was then zipped up.

Make sure it is extracted first before running the MD5 check.

EDIT: Just seen your other post but keeping this post as other readers may find it useful. Why you using a download manager? The server this is hosted on is 100mbit so download should be speedy anyways ;)

Edited by cruddasj

Guest cruddasj
The use of showcase is when i install resco explorer, the below taskbar won't be over resco explorer windows. it's quite great. i recommended it to u.. ;)

I'll keep supporting u..

gud luck..!!

Hey melody silly. A few updates coming in next ROM release.

XDA_UC is now working and calibration has been brought back in. Maxcal error is 37 by default, so if you cant align a screen with that big a margin, just buy a new digitizer!! lol.]

Im testing my black rom and have added showcase. I actually quite like it now im using it. May map it to the top button and remove the standard task manager, which will also reduce rom size further ;)

Thanks

Guest jasont1325
Update: True and Blue 23088 should now be completely bug free. XT9 is enabled. All tested and working so far ;)

New ROM out, updated OS to 28011 thanks to rtomakov ;)

i downloaded and ran md5 tried three times to install your rom and everytime it says "check sum failed" please help i really want this rom.

Guest cruddasj
i downloaded and ran md5 tried three times to install your rom and everytime it says "check sum failed" please help i really want this rom.

Are you using a download manager? Also make sure that the folder is unzipped before checking the md5 sum

Edited by cruddasj

Very nice rom.Can you shere White battery icon? Im on another rom and im just like your battrey icon more.

Thanks again for your work. ;)

Edited by chivi

Guest papaslime

New ROM DEV Team!

Hey all. Over the past week there has been talk of me and bruno starting a ROM dev team. Well now its grown to three ;) Me, Mambo04 and Bruno. This is the new thread where the ROMs will be released.

All ROMs will be released with an MD5 Checksum so that you know if the .exe has downloaded okay. Just check the MD5 against ours provided using MD5 Summer found at: http://www.md5summer.org/

If they match then you know everything is okay! :(

So lets kick things off. Heres my first release, which I am calling 'True and Blue'. Ive tried to keep this as close to the microsoft image but with a little few extras that i find useful ;)

JC True and Blue 28011

screen01rj.png28011screen.pngscreen03gb.png

280112.pngscreen05x.pngscreen08e.png

Memory usage:

Storage:

Total: 146.32 Mb

In Use: 11.78 Mb

Free: 134.54 Mb

Program:

Total: 97.24

In use: 37.80 Mb

Free: 59.45 Mb

Removed:

Dice Game

Digital Frame

Samsung Favourite Settings

Games

Google Launcher

Infrared drivers (omnia doesnt need them)

Samsung Main Menu

Media Album

Opera

Panel FS

Photoslides

Podcasts

RSS Reader

Samsung Clock

Sharepix

Shozu

Smart Converter

Samsung Today 1 and 2

Samsung Online widgets

Touch player

Welcome Centre

Kept:

Samsung Keyboard (black version by bgill)

Smart Reader

Google Maps

Added:

Net framework 3.5

cHome editor

Favourite hackings

Touch response improvement

Smaller icons with better resolution

Build is now 28011. Only slight bug found is that when first changing theme, background wallpaper will only change after a soft reset.

Download link (28011 release): http://200.98.236.85/True%20and%20Blue%2028011%20Final.zip

NO PHONE PART INCLUDED FOR LESS CHANCE OF BRICKING ;)

Enjoy ;)

Thanks go to Nicklashidegard, Knotbeerdan, Ock, Rtomakov and of course Mambo04 and Bruno :P

JC, i already using ur rom for about 5 days now. im very satisfied, its fast, almost bug free, and the battery usage is awesome (may be because i using M2D ver 2 before :( ).

i also like the background theme. :(

can u remake this build with show case and shut down xp in? and remove x-button

Guest cruddasj
JC, i already using ur rom for about 5 days now. im very satisfied, its fast, almost bug free, and the battery usage is awesome (may be because i using M2D ver 2 before ;) ).

i also like the background theme. ;)

can u remake this build with show case and shut down xp in? and remove x-button

Hey there, I have already removed x button for the black rom and added showcase which is by default now mapped to the top right button. It will be present in both editions along with XDA_UC. I will investigate into shutdown xp but its not likely to go into true and blue as im trying to keep it clean. Could however put it into the black edition.

ok my dear friend crudassj when is ur True and Blue 23088 comming up man .. i hope u got the memory all fixed.

& mambo you have told us to stay tuned ;) .. but how long ;) .. lol cant wait to try swype ? ... i hope ur 28011 rom is comming out soon ;) . if ur rom doesnt have m2d ? it just has titanium right ? and did u manage to fix the swype issue , cuz it overlaps a part of the screen right ?

Edited by kennnn

Guest papaslime
Hey there, I have already removed x button for the black rom and added showcase which is by default now mapped to the top right button. It will be present in both editions along with XDA_UC. I will investigate into shutdown xp but its not likely to go into true and blue as im trying to keep it clean. Could however put it into the black edition.

thanks bro ;)

keep on cooking ;)

hope some times i can buy u a beers ;)

Guest MAMBO04

building M2D ROM now and have the clean titanium ROM ready, will upload later

will also build an M2D Lite ROM - memory figures for M2D ROM are 58MB RAM free and 103mb storage free, the best i can get out of it atm!

J, i figured out how to make a theme default, will go on msn in a min

Guest cruddasj
ok my dear friend crudassj when is ur True and Blue 23088 comming up man .. i hope u got the memory all fixed.

& mambo you have told us to stay tuned ;) .. but how long ;) .. lol cant wait to try swype ? ... i hope ur 28011 rom is comming out soon ;) . if ur rom doesnt have m2d ? it just has titanium right ? and did u manage to fix the swype issue , cuz it overlaps a part of the screen right ?

Hey there, I have already released a 23088 rom lol. It was out about a week ago. Ive lately updated to the 28011 version as it is faster and adds things such as the microsoft tag reader. If you want a copy of my 23088 ROM its still on the server, i can give you a link. The 28011 ROM is better though ;)

Guest MAMBO04

yes mate i'll be releasing it tonight ;) i've created the M2D ROM, just finalizing it. Not sure where the Swype fix is atm, omar hasn't released it, but will get it soon!

yes my ROM has swype and there will be 3 versions, M2D Normal, Lite, and Titanium.

:P

yes mate i'll be releasing it tonight ;) i've created the M2D ROM, just finalizing it. Not sure where the Swype fix is atm, omar hasn't released it, but will get it soon!

yes my ROM has swype and there will be 3 versions, M2D Normal, Lite, and Titanium.

;)

so the m2d wont have the titanium ;) ... tht means i wont be ableto enjoy m2d and titanium together.cuz i was looking forward to customizing titanium with different themes.but beggars cant be choosers unless i got it wrong