The "dodgy on VGA devices" screen resolution and fuzzy fonts have been replaced with crisp finger friendly graphics and text, along with a speed boost too!
If you haven't heard of Skyfire before, you won't know that it supports full Flash and Windows Media videos and is generally very good at rendering websites as they should be seen.
From the release notes for 1.5:
- Full VGA support: Skyfire now provides native support for the high resolution VGA and wVGA screens as available on many newer Windows Mobile phones. Web pages now render sharp and crisp with full fidelity
- Finger friendly UI: A new, intuitive, and finger friendly UI for high resolution phones provides an easier browsing experience
- Smooth Scrolling: Kinetic scrolling has been added to Skyfire. Pan or flick the screen to move in any direction smoothly
- Full screen mode: For touch screens, browse in full screen mode with no UI elements on the screen for maximum page visibility
- Auto-move text entry box when the (virtual keyboard) is used: Assures that a text entry box moves into view in case the virtual (on-screen) keyboard covers it
- Updated Flash and Silverlight: Updated both to the newest version available
- Updated Start Page: Optimized for high resolution devices
- Performance: Upgraded both client and server for faster and more responsive browsing
So what's your favourite mobile browser at the moment...Skyfire, Opera Mobile, Opera Mini, Bolt, Internet Explorer? Let us know!