Milestone - who's getting one?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bluemoko

Already order mine, inreplacement of the DEXT (which is hopeless for root and who care about Cupcake when there are Eclair!)

It will take almost a week since I'm in Thailand and order through Expansys Singapore.

Guest Ingvarr

I think I will be getting one as my next phone - I planned OmniaPRO originally, but Milestone/Droid is definitely better.

But after new year most likely, when supply becomes more adequate, price drops and possible caveats surface ;)

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest SolidTechie

I have had mine for a week now, having previously had a G1.

I'm impressed with it, the biggest issue I have with it is unlocking it - insofar as you have to press the power button on the top, in order to bring up the unlock screen. This is ok, until you are trying to have say a Google chat or IM session with someone - it's infuriating that the default time out is short.

I'd much prefer it if I could blank the screen, and be able to awaken it with a shake or a tap on the front, rather than try to find that small power button.

The hard keyboard also is much more difficult to use than on the G1, but actually it's not a huge problem because the soft keyboard is a delight and joy to use.

The G1 had a rather cute little trackball - I really miss that... The Milestone's joypad - which is on the side of the hard keyboard, just isn't as good - plus, it means you have to slide it out to use it.

Regards,

Ian

Guest Cutefox

Paul the question is which one is more worth it? at the state both is in Hero can be rooted while Milestone cant yet. Say if both stays this way in the next 12 month.. which one is more fun to use? I was gonna go with Hero but the more i see milestone review on youtube the more i like it.. the only downside so far that i can see is the inability to root it yet and the battery life.. how is it compared to htc hero though? similar battery life or hero is better? I dont mind being a milestone owner if it surpasses Hero in both the above mentioned. anybody used both before to give an input?

Guest Alex469

Could somebody, who already own Milestone, post information what is shown in Settings->About phone

Model number: ??

Firmware version: ??

Build number: ??

Edited by Alex469

Could somebody, who already own Milestone, post information what is shown in Settings->About phone

Model number: Milestone

Firmware version: 2.0

Build number: SHOLS_U2_01.03.1.1257641482

Guest Cutefox
Milestone battery life is a bit less than Hero for me, but then it's superior spec wise in virtually every department!

P

Thanks Paul, can u giv an example of how u use both ur hero and milestone and how long it can last per day?

Would u be doing a MCR special with possibly sense ui for milestone once it is rooted?

I am getting the milestone in hk so i hope they sell batteries there..

Guest Joost39

Had mine from expansys for just one day, its like a German tank or a Hummer.

Big, heavy and very solid build.

So I'll get the N1 when or if it gets released to the public.

Guest Alex469
Firmware version: 2.0

Build number: SHOLS_U2_01.03.1.1257641482

Have you tried About phone - > System update?

Looks like there is update for Milestone firmware exists.

Yepp , I tried that every day :) !!

with the result "Unable to connect"

Have you tried About phone - > System update?

Looks like there is update for Milestone firmware exists.

Guest Cutefox
Yepp , I tried that every day :) !!

with the result "Unable to connect"

i been following all the possible thread in every forum.. the update 2.01 for milestone is not available yet.. so if i am to get a milestone i would be stuck with a bad camera focus problem and bad battery life(fixable by buying another spare) update is definitely coming im sure but from what i had collected in other threads if it is to be updated by OTA.. the problem is say im in Aust and the network telco here dont carry milestone/droid yet so we might not get the update anytime soon.. unless there is a way to install it by computer or by ways of rooting which we also dont have the options at the moment..

at this point i myself very confused to get Milestone or Hero.. Hero does has advantages of almost everything working properly while Milestone has the advantage of the keyboard and android 2.0.. I am not interested in Liquid as well.. the dillemma..

Thought I'd take the plunge and order through Expansys with a T-Mobile contract. Placed the order on Wednesday, got the contract vetting form completed and faxed back the same day. I expected getting an email confirming shipping on Thursday but got nothing. On Friday (today), I've phoned to check the order status and they're apparently still waiting for T-Mobile to vet me. They say that the process can take several days! :) I'm a good T-Mobile customer - been with them for 5 years, got a business contract with four handsets and usually rack up £200/month - all bills payed on time.

Whenever I've ordered a contract phone in the past the process has completed the same day. I was wondering how long people here had to wait for their order to complete. I'm considering cancelling the order with the contract and just purchasing SIM free as the chap says it could be next week before I get to know.

Guest Dayzee

Can I just add a warning for buying from Simply Electronics - I first ordered from them on 22nd December - they sent my a great long list of things they needed for security purposes before they could process the order - 23rd December - reduced the price of the Milestone by £27 overnight!! Also gave me no indication of delivery date (I now know they had none in stock and weren't allowed to sell til January anyway due to xpansys exclusivity

Cancelled order morning of 23rd December - sent emails and also called to make sure they didn't have it set to dispatch - they assured me they didn't and that the order would be cancelled and not processed at all.

Checked casually yesterday with my card, and YES they had taken my money on the 22nd, despite stalling the order with requests for security info etc and as of YESTERDAY the refund had NOT been processed.

thats a full 14 days after the email to me that the order had been cancelled and obviously NOT delivering anything to me (Considering they had my money) So, on the ball enough not to despatch the item, but NOT bothered about actually returning my £440 quid!!!

This is all after being assured over the phone that it had been cancelled and reversed AND after sending an email to confirm the same

Don't deal!! - Still waiting for my money returned. LOL Oddly, they had enough security info to take my cash....GRRRRR