I'll try the new 0.32 Android.

emporto

emporto

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 Omnia
After GPS support I will renew my WM with android, and I guess I will never turn back to WM :) Just still waiting the GPS support

By the way, good work thanks for your new releases and studies over Andromnia project

djn3ox

djn3ox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i8000 omnia II
Can this run on the omnia II i8000 ?

eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Sometimes I am so jealous of those dang HTC guys. They have 2.0.1 and spoofed 2.1 already. http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=601751

Edited by eclsnowman, 01 February 2010 - 06:41 PM.

aafi-rocks

aafi-rocks

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2
  • Twitter:@Aafi_Rocks
Hi, I got 2 questions..
1. Can this run on Omnia i8000
2. There is emulator on XDA for dual boot android and windows mobile.. can we have both WinMo and Android with this..

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia - HTC HD2
as soon as calls and sleep work ill give this a shot, looks great!

mmaster12

mmaster12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:i900
It works ok om my PDA ;) Anybody know how to instal any apps on android without file manager?

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

It works ok om my PDA ;) Anybody know how to instal any apps on android without file manager?

copy them on sd card /system/apps or something similar. but only basic ones will work, like file manager. take OI file manager (downolad .apk)
then copy all of them to your My storage and find them with file manager. some won't work, and some you don't get to dowload in .apk form-for those you'll need marketplace but there isn't one yet.
try ou t;)

Is there an officer, problem? :D

Geert Jalink

Geert Jalink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have tried this and used GParted to allocate a partition on a 2GB micro SD card. Hope it will be more usable in the near future.

thedeathofme

thedeathofme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia
Will try as soon as calls, texts, and sleep works. Loving the thought of having the ability to switch between Winmo and Android.

Good luck guys, please keep us up to date.

Thanks

Verizon Wireless // Omnia i910 // Storm's M2D ROM V 2  // WM6.5 

sid0101

sid0101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
hey, if the developer still looks at modaco, i was wondering whether a haret implementation like the boys over at HTC have going will be possible? Is it possible to extract something from the galaxy or moment to make this happen? I know I might just be talking out of my ass, but I guess I'm just a little peeved that I just suped up my girlfriends att tilt with a new windows mobile rom and android... sigh.

Anyhow, here's hoping you stay head strong and committed!

CHEERS!

Abqcub

Abqcub

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

hey, if the developer still looks at modaco, i was wondering whether a haret implementation like the boys over at HTC have going will be possible? Is it possible to extract something from the galaxy or moment to make this happen? I know I might just be talking out of my ass, but I guess I'm just a little peeved that I just suped up my girlfriends att tilt with a new windows mobile rom and android... sigh.

Anyhow, here's hoping you stay head strong and committed!

CHEERS!

I thought of the same thing to man, but the galaxy has different hardware and different drivers. Makes me wanna start scamming Verizon into sending me a replacement phone, which will most likely be a TouchPro

Verizon i910 | Blazer's M2D 6.5 rom v.23545 | S2U2 | Google Maps | Opera Mini 5 | Swype Keyboard update | OpnMarket 1.1 | PhoneEx | SkTools | SMS Bubbles

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
XDandroid works on the touchpro i believe. i seriously have thought about getting vzw to replace my omnia with a touch pro. and the fact that the leaked blackberry application suite works with the touch pro and not the omnia makes me really want to do it.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

The_Mask

The_Mask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900
Any updates

waitting to be perfect OS

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
The work that has been done so far is very impressive, I was considering selling my Omnia off but I think I will see how this project progresses. Thank you for all of your hard work!

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Devices:i900 omnia
any update?

darkphoenix2x5

darkphoenix2x5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I910
I bought a droid. My omnia has just been sitting on my computer ever since. I feel bad, but I just hated wm6.5 so much. Windows Phone 7 looks good but I assume the omnia doesn't meet the requirments. I waited almost 4 months on the droid just incase someone ported android over. I don't see it happening as the tech savy individuals who would do the porting have probably moved on to the newest phones.

JaGuR

JaGuR

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900

I bought a droid. My omnia has just been sitting on my computer ever since. I feel bad, but I just hated wm6.5 so much. Windows Phone 7 looks good but I assume the omnia doesn't meet the requirments. I waited almost 4 months on the droid just incase someone ported android over. I don't see it happening as the tech savy individuals who would do the porting have probably moved on to the newest phones.

Yes I agree, this idea is dead in the water, no major updates in nearly 6 months, and I don't see the point in it anyway, with the NEW phones coming out, and windows7 on the door step, it would seem lke a step back now

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
It seems a bit sad now that the work that has gone into the project was wasted?

Abqcub

Abqcub

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Yes I agree, this idea is dead in the water, no major updates in nearly 6 months, and I don't see the point in it anyway, with the NEW phones coming out, and windows7 on the door step, it would seem lke a step back now

Last update was in December, check andromnia.net for latest updates. Also for those of us stuck in a two year contract before we get another upgrade, it would be great to replace Windows Mobile. If I had the money, I would have a Droid by now, but I'm broke, so this is plan b

Verizon i910 | Blazer's M2D 6.5 rom v.23545 | S2U2 | Google Maps | Opera Mini 5 | Swype Keyboard update | OpnMarket 1.1 | PhoneEx | SkTools | SMS Bubbles

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users