ANDROMNiA - Android for the Samsung Omnia

Guest whiplash000

Guest sid0101

hey, if the developer still looks at modaco, i was wondering whether a haret implementation like the boys over at HTC have going will be possible? Is it possible to extract something from the galaxy or moment to make this happen? I know I might just be talking out of my ass, but I guess I'm just a little peeved that I just suped up my girlfriends att tilt with a new windows mobile rom and android... sigh.

Anyhow, here's hoping you stay head strong and committed!

CHEERS!

hey, if the developer still looks at modaco, i was wondering whether a haret implementation like the boys over at HTC have going will be possible? Is it possible to extract something from the galaxy or moment to make this happen? I know I might just be talking out of my ass, but I guess I'm just a little peeved that I just suped up my girlfriends att tilt with a new windows mobile rom and android... sigh.

Anyhow, here's hoping you stay head strong and committed!

CHEERS!

I thought of the same thing to man, but the galaxy has different hardware and different drivers. Makes me wanna start scamming Verizon into sending me a replacement phone, which will most likely be a TouchPro

Guest thekevster

XDandroid works on the touchpro i believe. i seriously have thought about getting vzw to replace my omnia with a touch pro. and the fact that the leaked blackberry application suite works with the touch pro and not the omnia makes me really want to do it.

The work that has been done so far is very impressive, I was considering selling my Omnia off but I think I will see how this project progresses. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Guest darkphoenix2x5

I bought a droid. My omnia has just been sitting on my computer ever since. I feel bad, but I just hated wm6.5 so much. Windows Phone 7 looks good but I assume the omnia doesn't meet the requirments. I waited almost 4 months on the droid just incase someone ported android over. I don't see it happening as the tech savy individuals who would do the porting have probably moved on to the newest phones.

I bought a droid. My omnia has just been sitting on my computer ever since. I feel bad, but I just hated wm6.5 so much. Windows Phone 7 looks good but I assume the omnia doesn't meet the requirments. I waited almost 4 months on the droid just incase someone ported android over. I don't see it happening as the tech savy individuals who would do the porting have probably moved on to the newest phones.

Yes I agree, this idea is dead in the water, no major updates in nearly 6 months, and I don't see the point in it anyway, with the NEW phones coming out, and windows7 on the door step, it would seem lke a step back now

Yes I agree, this idea is dead in the water, no major updates in nearly 6 months, and I don't see the point in it anyway, with the NEW phones coming out, and windows7 on the door step, it would seem lke a step back now

Last update was in December, check andromnia.net for latest updates. Also for those of us stuck in a two year contract before we get another upgrade, it would be great to replace Windows Mobile. If I had the money, I would have a Droid by now, but I'm broke, so this is plan b

Yeah I'd love a droid too but can't really afford either, I really love the Android OS so getting it on the Omnia is a really great prospect. I was so surprised how well 0.32 ran on the Omnia as well, I'm not really too sure how close they are to completely finishing but I bet it will be quite a few months if not a year.

Guest sid0101

You sirs, are idiots. Of course people want to have Android running on their Omnias. Look at the Att Tilt/Kaiser guys. They love having android on there phone for a plethora of reasons. Obviously those that don't want to spend money on another phone yet will see this as a rebirth of their phone. Others want the eye candy, while other want the functionality of the google services and marketplace. So please, stfu.

I really don't believe that the project has been abandoned, why do that after all of the work that has been put into it? Although if I had donated money I think I would be feeling a bit uneasy right now!

Why's everyone gotta be so negative? If we want android on our phones, we can put android on our phones. We all know its gonna take awhile, but why do people gotta come in and say "this projects dead, why even bother". This thread has been dead because all the development is being done on andromnia.net. Can't you people find something more productive to do than come onto threads and bash stuff? You nerds need to get yourselves a life.

I think I will wait all the same, if there is no sign of activity in the next 3 months then I think its safe to say that I will be getting a new phone. But I would really love to see Android fully working on the Omnia, its just a matter of time in my opinion if people are working on it then it will be accomplished.

Guest mnegutu

the file that was uploaded on January 21 is just a compile, not a major release. it was available to anyone who was willing to compile it from the repo. so yeah the last activity was long ago.