• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Yeah I'd love a droid too but can't really afford either, I really love the Android OS so getting it on the Omnia is a really great prospect. I was so surprised how well 0.32 ran on the Omnia as well, I'm not really too sure how close they are to completely finishing but I bet it will be quite a few months if not a year.

sid0101

sid0101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Yes I agree, this idea is dead in the water, no major updates in nearly 6 months, and I don't see the point in it anyway, with the NEW phones coming out, and windows7 on the door step, it would seem lke a step back now

You sirs, are idiots. Of course people want to have Android running on their Omnias. Look at the Att Tilt/Kaiser guys. They love having android on there phone for a plethora of reasons. Obviously those that don't want to spend money on another phone yet will see this as a rebirth of their phone. Others want the eye candy, while other want the functionality of the google services and marketplace. So please, stfu.

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Devices:i900 omnia
well hopeless ... all i can say to all donators to andromnia , you throw your money for nothing
it seems the developer not interested any more

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I really don't believe that the project has been abandoned, why do that after all of the work that has been put into it? Although if I had donated money I think I would be feeling a bit uneasy right now!

Abqcub

Abqcub

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Why's everyone gotta be so negative? If we want android on our phones, we can put android on our phones. We all know its gonna take awhile, but why do people gotta come in and say "this projects dead, why even bother". This thread has been dead because all the development is being done on andromnia.net. Can't you people find something more productive to do than come onto threads and bash stuff? You nerds need to get yourselves a life.

Verizon i910 | Blazer's M2D 6.5 rom v.23545 | S2U2 | Google Maps | Opera Mini 5 | Swype Keyboard update | OpnMarket 1.1 | PhoneEx | SkTools | SMS Bubbles

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Gibeon

Gibeon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
+1

I've never heard any word of this people about androidomnia, they "walk" into this project, they say it's dead and walk away from it. Get a life.

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
hopeless

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Like I said I don't think they have abandoned it, I'm actually feeling quite good about the progress of the project it has come a long way.

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Like I said I don't think they have abandoned it, I'm actually feeling quite good about the progress of the project it has come a long way.

i wish

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Well I guess we will have to wait and see, I think a new release may be coming soon

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
after 10 years maybe hehehehe

BUZZZ!! wake up!

kalekume

kalekume

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I think,that there is no developer working on andromnia.

There is no commit in git since 2009-12-10

http://sourceforge.n...dromnia/develop

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I think I will wait all the same, if there is no sign of activity in the next 3 months then I think its safe to say that I will be getting a new phone. But I would really love to see Android fully working on the Omnia, its just a matter of time in my opinion if people are working on it then it will be accomplished.

Gibeon

Gibeon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I think,that there is no developer working on andromnia.

There is no commit in git since 2009-12-10

http://sourceforge.n...dromnia/develop

Latest release: January 21, 2010. Less than a month ago :D

mnegutu

mnegutu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch (elf)
the file that was uploaded on January 21 is just a compile, not a major release. it was available to anyone who was willing to compile it from the repo. so yeah the last activity was long ago.

Gibeon

Gibeon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Well, make it yourself then :D

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
hopeless

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Well I won't be giving up hope any time soon, I'm just going to be patient and wait.

rfrogman

rfrogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 vzw
So where have all the Linux driver experts gone? It appears both whiplash000 Andromina and fladna9 omniaUbuntu projects have come to a screaming halt due to lack of drivers. Don't get me wrong I have the up most respect to all of the programmers involved in getting this far on both projects, but all I have ever heard from the linux crowd is, "You can write a driver for anything in linux, even a toaster!". Where have they all gone? Based on the information on andromnia wiki we know the architecture chipset and processor it should be straight forward to a linux guru to write the driver and recompile the kernal.

Please any linux guru! Re-ignite these endeavors. I know there are cooler new phones out there but some of us have months left on our contracts and would like a chain to our current OS. It's great that the PDA side of the phone is partialy working but without the ability to make call it's kind of useless.

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I just wish I could actually do something for the project myself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users