• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

jhitesma

jhitesma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
To write a device driver you need to know the details of that device. It isn't enough to simply know what the device is, you need the technical details about it and it's interfaces.

The problem is while it's known what devices are in an Omnia - the low level information about those devices needed to write a driver for them isn't known.

If you know how to write device drivers and have the right information about the devices, then yes. It is very easy and rather quick to write a device driver.

But if you're like the Andromnia developers and don't have that information it's a much slower and more involved process of reverse engineering the device to be able to write and debug the driver. If you read the Andromnia forums you can see that there are a few people who have been working on setting up tools that help them probe the devices to do this reverse engineering. But it's no where near as quick and easy as writing from the docs.

rfrogman

rfrogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 vzw

To write a device driver you need to know the details of that device. It isn't enough to simply know what the device is, you need the technical details about it and it's interfaces.

The problem is while it's known what devices are in an Omnia - the low level information about those devices needed to write a driver for them isn't known.

If you know how to write device drivers and have the right information about the devices, then yes. It is very easy and rather quick to write a device driver.

But if you're like the Andromnia developers and don't have that information it's a much slower and more involved process of reverse engineering the device to be able to write and debug the driver. If you read the Andromnia forums you can see that there are a few people who have been working on setting up tools that help them probe the devices to do this reverse engineering. But it's no where near as quick and easy as writing from the docs.

Has anyone tried decompiling th wm 6.5 drivers to find that information? It would give you the machine could the hardware is looking for.

semmtexx

semmtexx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Devices:HTC Eris

after 10 years maybe hehehehe

BUZZZ!! wake up!

This guy is just pissed because he's stuck with his i900. Keep up the hard work all you guys working on the Andromnia project. I was a hardcore follower until I upgraded to the Eris.

5xkwsk

5xkwsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
yeah I agree with that! There has been some activity though on the andromnia.net forum recently.

Yce

Yce

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II I8000
Hi!

It is possible to get it work on omnia 2?

If I start it writes to the screen these lines:

HaRET boot
Shutting down hardware
Turning off MMV... ( if read it correctly, it's damn small :mellow:)
In preloader
PSR=?000004f
------^ dunno what this character would be... it looks like a 6 but I'm not sure.

Please help <_<

Edited by Yce, 12 March 2010 - 01:01 AM.

Genichirou Sanada

Genichirou Sanada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Do I have to insert the MicroSD Card into my Omnia or maybe I can just use card reader for installing Android on it ? Many thanks.

Edited by Genichirou Sanada, 12 March 2010 - 07:48 AM.

Gibeon

Gibeon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

It is possible to get it work on omnia 2?

No.

lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:Too bloody many!
  • Devices:OMNIA i900
Anyway... since I'm an i900 owner (and I'll be for long time - finance's issues), is this project... "alive"? Will be released? Thxs.

Omnia i900

Rom: OCK PRIMIUM Build 23563
Radio: PUJA1

h8isgr8

h8isgr8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 CDMA
Why was my previous post deleted? It contained a perfectly legitimate statement.

Seriously; f^ck this useless forum.

Edited by h8isgr8, 16 March 2010 - 08:07 PM.

rockin713

rockin713

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
TOTALLY looking forward to this. For now I will be on 6.5, but when Andromnia is perfected, I won't waste any time flashing!

ketr

ketr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900
i everyone..i'm very interested about this project and i would be happy to have android working on my omnia .... is the project still alive? you're doing a great job..thanks!!! waiting for the next release...

Edited by ketr, 26 March 2010 - 01:03 PM.

panteraz

panteraz

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

i everyone..i'm very interested about this project and i would be happy to have android working on my omnia .... is the project still alive? you're doing a great job..thanks!!! waiting for the next release...

You are not the only one!

beruth

beruth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900

You are not the only one!

not, you aren't

g3n3ral

g3n3ral

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Devices:i900 omnia

This guy is just pissed because he's stuck with his i900. Keep up the hard work all you guys working on the Andromnia project. I was a hardcore follower until I upgraded to the Eris.

ow realyy ????? wahahaha still nothin whahahaa after 25 years!!!! wahahaoo excuse me sir FYI i have i900 and omnia 2 duh!

gman34

gman34

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:omnia

ow realyy ????? wahahaha still nothin whahahaa after 25 years!!!! wahahaoo excuse me sir FYI i have i900 and omnia 2 duh!

this project is still not finished?
have you tried marketing this to a google andriod official forum? i'm sure someone will do it. but since the omnia lacks 3d it's a little hard to adapt the newest android platform... but it shouldn't be hard at all to implement the basic phone usage into it since it uses a good qualcomm chipset.
I can't believe no one has done it!
I wish i could tackle it but i'm in school right now ;)

sToPmE

sToPmE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 Omnia 8gb
  • Twitter:@renesis24
i can't wait a new update.... :o how much do we have to wait........ ??? :huh: :P :blink:

andrew.mazlim

andrew.mazlim

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Interests:Footie, rock music, books, films.
  • Devices:T-Mobile USA HTC HD2 Leo
TouchFLO3D... Andromnia... and several other dreams, are fine to imagine them. Friends, forget about it... Our i900s are OLD PHONES by now, they can't handle these UIs.
(i900s can't EVEN handle SPB Shell 3.5's 3D graphics!!!!)

Posted Image

T-Mobile USA .HTC HD2 Leo
________________________________________________________________________________

Firmware: NRGZ28's "ENERGY-Dinik" Build: 29020
Radio:..........2.15.50.14

My "OMNIA i900 GOODS/TWEAKS/TOOLS/APPs" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...ilitiesvisuals/
My "OMNIA i900 M2D/S2U2 Ultimate England Theme" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...artup-m2d-s2u2/

DaeMonS

DaeMonS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:omnia, x10
eh, still nothing what we can use allday...it should be a dream for us who like this device and wanna use it longer than a year...

sameh_elhakim

sameh_elhakim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
where is this project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

threader

threader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey

Not yet supported:
- CDMA/EVDO/3G, Bluetooth, GPS, Motion Sensor, Camera (back or front), Suspend Mode (1-2 hour battery life...) or Optical Mouse.

I came across this
http://www.armdesign.../Program70.html and http://www.armdesign...om/KIT6410.html and idea6410 board, seems Boardcom already has linux and all drivers we need running on our chip! If i had the damned Boardcon linux sources id set up a cross compiling env immediately, but these people dont seem to distribute it anywhere?

Hm, just noticed this is the i9x0 forum mistook it for the b7610 , guess they must be a tad different. But i guess finding a dev board using that chip and rip their linux work should work too :rolleyes:

Edited by threader, 25 May 2010 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users