ANDROMNiA - Android for the Samsung Omnia

Guest whiplash000

Guest whiplash000
The project is ALIVE https://sites.google.com/site/wituandroid22fixedrussian/ you can download 2.2 for omnia i900 sound works and gsm cover seems to work,i downloaded it and i will test it from that site also they posted it on the andromnia website :D

enjoy!!!!

It's true. Thanks to the efforts of a Russian developer who goes by the handle of vl(@)d, there is now a port of Android 2.1 and 2.2 available to try out. Although it is very sluggish (due to both being unoptimized and the fact it is running of an SD card), the fact that it boots at all is a very promising sign.

I've been in the process of getting into contact with him over the last few days, but it's been difficult, seeing as I can't speak Russian :(

If anyone here speaks Russian and would like to serve as an interpreter, please PM me ASAP!

I'll bring you guys more information as it develops.

Edited by whiplash000

Guest xusso
It's true. Thanks to the efforts of a Russian developer who goes by the handle of vl(@)d, there is now a port of Android 2.1 and 2.2 available to try out. Although it is very sluggish (due to both being unoptimized and the fact it is running of an SD card), the fact that it boots at all is a very promising sign.

I've been in the process of getting into contact with him over the last few days, but it's been difficult, seeing as I can't speak Russian :D

If anyone here speaks Russian and would like to serve as an interpreter, please PM me ASAP!

I'll bring you guys more information as it develops.

Just checked, looks great though is not for free!

2 more days for a new version? >> Great stuff!!!

But the question is...will it play angry birds?

Edited by xusso

• 2 months later...
Guest hellfire8888
Just checked, looks great though is not for free!

2 more days for a new version? >> Great stuff!!!

But the question is...will it play angry birds?

After ghost the android image 2.2.1 to the micro sd and i was able to boot into android..voila..

However when i try to launch the setting/configuration page, this aps just auto close.

Problem no 2 is i do not know where to change the language from russia to english

Problem no 3 is it can drain the battery life in less than 2 hours after a full charge!

Problem no 4 is it is super hot..i am not sure what is burning but obviously something is wrong.

So this Russian android project is a good starting point but far from being usable.

Hope this review helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Daedric1383

After ghost the android image 2.2.1 to the micro sd and i was able to boot into android..voila..

However when i try to launch the setting/configuration page, this aps just auto close.

Problem no 2 is i do not know where to change the language from russia to english

Problem no 3 is it can drain the battery life in less than 2 hours after a full charge!

Problem no 4 is it is super hot..i am not sure what is burning but obviously something is wrong.

So this Russian android project is a good starting point but far from being usable.

Hope this review helps.

Regarding point 3 and 4, from my little experience on the ports to Kaiser, if the device is super-hot and battery is draining fast, then Android is not sleeping. The cpu is always on full throttle, ence the temperature, and the battery drain.

I'm (slowly) downloading Android for omnia, will try and see what we have :)

Guest cac2us

WoW

After reading all this I'm glad I kept my i910 around.

I have been looking for a way to run this on my Fathom.

I think it has the same Snapdragon processor as my DInc.

Any how, I will bookmark this page and check back often...

Almost makes me want to look into getting a mail order bride...JK.

My wife is already jealous of my DInc.

I am trying to find the Lexikon/Merge...(For VZW)

Well most everything worked for android.

I was on my way through to setting the language when the screen went blank.

I touched the middle button and it lit up again.

Language and Keyboard is found in the settings menu next to the icon with the letter in the white box.(Just below the one with the micro DS card).

Select Language shuld be the top one..

Now I think something happened to my winmo drivers, the touchscreen is totaty unresponsive.

When I plugin my PC my firewall dies....

I made a shortcut with mobile shell..

It works with the optik j stik...

EDIT

Well the screen is touchless in droid mode now..

Reflashing WinMo now..

Edit2:

SKtools Backup did not work so I had to dig my 22044.bin.

Now to find the backip that goes with it.

At least the screen survived...

Edited by cac2us

Guest ekael

i have the android 2.2 in my onmia but is very low , mmm where install the android 1.5 or 1.9 , is more faster , other cuestion the canyogenMod cann installer?...

Sorry my english .. hehe Wahrend ich spreche nur Deutsch und Spanisch,, auf wiedersehen :)

Edited by ekael

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BenSow

Hey guys.. pretty excited to get android on my omnia :D im planning to use the russian ones but i wanna know how do I change it back to winmo? Just flash the omnia with a winmo ROM?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.. pretty excited to get android on my omnia :D im planning to use the russian ones but i wanna know how do I change it back to winmo? Just flash the omnia with a winmo ROM?

No. You aren't installing it as a rom. here: http://sites.google.com/site/wituandroid22fixedrussian/how-to-instal

It's running from additional storage.

BTW. I'm Patrick from this site. Now I'm working alone, vl(@)d threw this project long time ago, and I'm trying to do something.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mujan90

hello...I have problem to install android on omnia i900....I do all steps with ghost32 when process ends...my phone dont recognized sd card only i can format it...please help....sorry for bad english....thx