• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

WVGA

WVGA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid

possibly but the HTC keyboard I was using wasn't really a 3rd party release as such so I doubt that will get fixed! hopefully someone can come up with a hack for that one as it is streets ahead of the stock keyboard.

I do think it really is related to non stock keyboards - as soon as I uninstalled the HTC keyboard I never experienced the bug once using the stock android keyboard.

** any help here?? ** The main reason I needed a new keyboard was the stock keyboard didn't seem to have any english words in the dictionary by default so suggestions and autocomplete were useless!!?? anyone else experience that? I could add words to the user dictionary and they displayed as suggestions but I'm hardly going to add a complete dictionary into the user defined one word by word ;)

Right.
As you don't know, I'm French. LOL. And no french suggestions in the dictionary in default settings either.
So I guess we can assume no suggestions nor autocorect functions in Acer Liquid ROMs for now. Let's wait for an update.

Rocky7

Rocky7

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Since I stopped using better keyboard and went HTC_IME I haven't had it since.

00sully

00sully

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
hmmm strange Rocky7 since I only get it with HTC's! what version of the HTC_IME did you use / where did you get it? did you also install the touch input calibration tool? I wonder how mine is still having issues with this keyboard (and none without!)

WVGA - ;) I actually changed my local to France to check if that dictionary had any entries! oh well at least its not a bug in my device - hopefully Acer will update this in the next Rom.

Rocky7

Rocky7

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
its the one from the Cyanogen mod thread on XDA.

I did install the calib tool too.

I am saying I haven't had it since but it is intermittent but while using BetterKB I had it about 3 times in the first day and I haven't had it since

A.) installing HTC_IME
B.) removing "Shake It Bright + Turn It Silent"

Edited by Rocky7, 16 December 2009 - 01:58 PM.

Rocky7

Rocky7

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Tempting fate. Just had it again but calling up the KB fixes it immediately as does going into Facebook so the KB recall might be a red herring.

Edited by Rocky7, 16 December 2009 - 04:45 PM.

00sully

00sully

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Tempting fate. Just had it again but calling up the KB fixes it immediately as does going into Facebook so the KB recall might be a red herring.

yep still happening on mine too with HTC keyboard - the press on search and back again gets rid tho which is good enough for me until someone smarter than me can fix it!

class phone though all in all I am chuffed with it! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users