Milestone rooting effort

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dayzee
can you share the three apps, facebook, car mode and dock please. Thanks

The facebook app is actually in the Market - Facebook for Android

The Dock is already installed on milestones, you just need an app called DockRunner to get it to run on your milestone without the dock - Iis also in the Market.

The CarDock.apk has been posted here http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1149721 and I found you might need to be attached to USB for it to work.

I don't think the system dump is fake, but I do think its just from a 2.0 Milestone. However, I was thinking it may still be useful to experiment with :)

As to the Camera Bug - It hasn't been solved by an update yet, it's just in a "good" cycle. It apparently goes off every 24.5 days from what I've read on the Droid forums.

Dayzee

Edited by Dayzee

Guest akex054
The facebook app is actually in the Market - Facebook for Android

The Dock is already installed on milestones, you just need an app called DockRunner to get it to run on your milestone without the dock - Iis also in the Market.

The CarDock.apk has been posted here http://android.modaco.com/index.php?amp...t&p=1149721 and I found you might need to be attached to USB for it to work.

I don't think the system dump is fake, but I do think its just from a 2.0 Milestone. However, I was thinking it may still be useful to experiment with :)

As to the Camera Bug - It hasn't been solved by an update yet, it's just in a "good" cycle. It apparently goes off every 24.5 days from what I've read on the Droid forums.

Dayzee

Maybe a 2.0 dump, but why can we read 2.1 in build.prop ----> A guy try to make us believe he made a dump of a 2.1 Milestone ---> Fake

Guest rj7855
Maybe a 2.0 dump, but why can we read 2.1 in build.prop ----> A guy try to make us believe he made a dump of a 2.1 Milestone ---> Fake

I don't think it's fake because:

- It has the same build date as the Nextus dump (nov.2009)

- Why the trouble of faking a build but then referring to a north american UMTS version ( brand: MOTO-NA , device sholes-umts) instead of a known version of the milestone

Guest akex054
I don't think it's fake because:

- It has the same build date as the Nextus dump (nov.2009)

- Why the trouble of faking a build but then referring to a north american UMTS version ( brand: MOTO-NA , device sholes-umts) instead of a known version of the milestone

Did you read my reply when I say the lock screen is the SAME than the 2.0 one ? :) Just take a look in framework-res.apk and you will see.

So, two solutions :

- it's a fake

- 2.1 on Milestone looks like 2.0 (lock screen for example)

Just asked to romain guy (well known android staff member) and he told me that the old 2.0 lock screen doesn't exist at all.

Excuse me, it's french

[22:29] <romainguy_> la demi roulette n'existe plus

[22:29] <akex> je me disais

[22:29] <akex> et je suppose qu'il n'y a pas moyen que vous l'ayez laissé dans le framework-res.apk

[22:29] <romainguy_> non

romainguy_ : the half circle is not used anymore

akex : i thought so

akex : and i guess you didn't left the old lock screen graphics in framework-res.apk ?

romainguy_ : no

Edited by akex054

Guest Dayzee
but eventhough it's a 2.0.0 dump can't it be used for something good? (root / way to get to root / custom rom)

+1 (That's what I was trying to say :) xx)

Guest akex054

Some have access to update server.

It seems working only for German users ... :)

Edited by akex054

Guest Flayerz

Hey

Just got this answer from Motorola today with a mail.

"Thank you for contacting Motorola.

In response to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that the Android 2.0.1 will be available in entire Europe one of the following days, however, we have no official information on the exact date of release."

Sounds good, so very soon we will have a camera which we can use!

Motorola Europe posted this on Facebook:

To all our Android fans, we’d like to share that the staggered release of the 2.0.1 update has started with France and Italy today, 18 January. Germany and the UK will follow shortly – as soon as we have the confirmed date, we’ll post it here. Please see the discussion for more details: http://bit.ly/8hj33n. If you need additional help, here’s a link to service centres per country: http://motorola.com/support, thanks

Anyway I'm in Italy and it still says "Unable to connect to server" :/

If I can get the update soon how can I post it here?

Guest IrealiTY

Install the app aLogcat, while you will download the update on your phone the adress, from where you are downloading should appear in this log.

Else the update.zip (or any other name) should be somewhere on your phone.

Thanks. Just onother question: after it downloads the update it runs it automatically or I have to launch it? I don't want to update (I'd like to root thought) but I'd like to save the update.zip so I can post it here.

Anyway the servers are offline by now...

Wow... this is getting exciting.. i am looking forward for u guys to post it here and someone to help look at the ways of rooting our milestone.

sadly I am in Hk so... no update yet. :)

Wow.... i was just surfing da net.... and someone in Germany???? Sorry i can't read that lanuage... have rooted the Milestone...

Here is the site...milestone rooted.

If someone is nice enough to translate it... or what so ever..... PLS DO SO.

Update again---

I have ROOTed my milestone.... root explorer works.... louder volume hack works.

Edited by Hoilun

Guest SeraphimSerapis
Wow... this is getting exciting.. i am looking forward for u guys to post it here and someone to help look at the ways of rooting our milestone.

sadly I am in Hk so... no update yet. :)

Wow.... i was just surfing da net.... and someone in Germany???? Sorry i can't read that lanuage... have rooted the Milestone...

Here is the site...milestone rooted.

If someone is nice enough to translate it... or what so ever..... PLS DO SO.

Update again---

I have ROOTed my milestone.... root explorer works.... louder volume hack works.

http://android.modaco.com/content/motorola...3/we-have-root/

more about it here - with english translation of the how to