- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

akex054

akex054

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Looked at the framework-res.apk to see if it's not a fake.

Well, the unlock screen looks like the android 2.0 one and not like 2.1. Just look at jog_dial_bg.png. Kinda strange ...

MJ2332

MJ2332

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
  • Twitter:@mj2332
On androidiani.com the Admin analized the file and he said that the build has for date the 11/11/2009.
Is it possible that Motorola has got the update tons of weeks before his appereance? In November even the DROID wasn't already out...

x_fight

x_fight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
try to build one

official motorola source

this is our problem :) there is no milestone boot.img because you need root permissions to make one.

Hoilun

Hoilun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i through if we have the 2.0.1 dump, then should be able to root....
Isn't this what happend to droid?
or is it coz this is not the "offical" update, so nothing can be done?

whyhz

whyhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey guys.you know what?!barely doesn't know the focus bug of milestone's camera.but now someone has found that has been soluted!if you had selected the option-auto update(SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK),it would be done!even though it shows that no connexion.have a nice try,guys!
this means what?can we root it?

bluemoko

bluemoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Motorola DEXT

hey guys.you know what?!barely doesn't know the focus bug of milestone's camera.but now someone has found that has been soluted!if you had selected the option-auto update(SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK),it would be done!even though it shows that no connexion.have a nice try,guys!
this means what?can we root it?

what do you mean? i didn't get you have achieve? What is done after you select "auto update" ?

whyhz

whyhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

what do you mean? i didn't get you have achieve? What is done after you select "auto update" ?

you would do nothing but select SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK.
then you just need to wait .. this will solute the camera problem.

Edited by whyhz, 07 January 2010 - 06:59 AM.

Hoilun

Hoilun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

you would do nothing but select SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK.
then you just need to wait .. this will solute the camera problem.

Then what does this have to do with rooting? I'm Sorry but i am a bite confuse here

whyhz

whyhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Then what does this have to do with rooting? I'm Sorry but i am a bite confuse here

i don't know either..maybe this is the motorola's backdoor??

whyhz

whyhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bad news..the camera-bug has not soluted..this bug needs time correct..sorry.

Dayzee

Dayzee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I'm a published Author, Stand Up Comedian (occasionally), Improvisor, and teacher - But most of all, I love my Gadgets :) Especially Android!!<br /><br />Here's my Amazon Author Profile - Over 18's tho <br />http://www.amazon.com/Edie-Bingham/e/B002BLV6FY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
  • Devices:Hero, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@daized

can you share the three apps, facebook, car mode and dock please. Thanks

The facebook app is actually in the Market - Facebook for Android

The Dock is already installed on milestones, you just need an app called DockRunner to get it to run on your milestone without the dock - Iis also in the Market.

The CarDock.apk has been posted here http://android.modac...p...t&p=1149721 and I found you might need to be attached to USB for it to work.

I don't think the system dump is fake, but I do think its just from a 2.0 Milestone. However, I was thinking it may still be useful to experiment with :)

As to the Camera Bug - It hasn't been solved by an update yet, it's just in a "good" cycle. It apparently goes off every 24.5 days from what I've read on the Droid forums.

Dayzee

Edited by Dayzee, 07 January 2010 - 05:46 PM.

akex054

akex054

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The facebook app is actually in the Market - Facebook for Android

The Dock is already installed on milestones, you just need an app called DockRunner to get it to run on your milestone without the dock - Iis also in the Market.

The CarDock.apk has been posted here http://android.modac...p...t&p=1149721 and I found you might need to be attached to USB for it to work.

I don't think the system dump is fake, but I do think its just from a 2.0 Milestone. However, I was thinking it may still be useful to experiment with :)

As to the Camera Bug - It hasn't been solved by an update yet, it's just in a "good" cycle. It apparently goes off every 24.5 days from what I've read on the Droid forums.

Dayzee

Maybe a 2.0 dump, but why can we read 2.1 in build.prop ----> A guy try to make us believe he made a dump of a 2.1 Milestone ---> Fake

rj7855

rj7855

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:N1, soon eee pad transformer

Maybe a 2.0 dump, but why can we read 2.1 in build.prop ----> A guy try to make us believe he made a dump of a 2.1 Milestone ---> Fake

I don't think it's fake because:

- It has the same build date as the Nextus dump (nov.2009)
- Why the trouble of faking a build but then referring to a north american UMTS version ( brand: MOTO-NA , device sholes-umts) instead of a known version of the milestone

akex054

akex054

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I don't think it's fake because:

- It has the same build date as the Nextus dump (nov.2009)
- Why the trouble of faking a build but then referring to a north american UMTS version ( brand: MOTO-NA , device sholes-umts) instead of a known version of the milestone

Did you read my reply when I say the lock screen is the SAME than the 2.0 one ? :) Just take a look in framework-res.apk and you will see.

So, two solutions :
- it's a fake
- 2.1 on Milestone looks like 2.0 (lock screen for example)

Just asked to romain guy (well known android staff member) and he told me that the old 2.0 lock screen doesn't exist at all.

Excuse me, it's french

[22:29] <romainguy_> la demi roulette n'existe plus
[22:29] <akex> je me disais
[22:29] <akex> et je suppose qu'il n'y a pas moyen que vous l'ayez laissé dans le framework-res.apk
[22:29] <romainguy_> non

romainguy_ : the half circle is not used anymore
akex : i thought so
akex : and i guess you didn't left the old lock screen graphics in framework-res.apk ?
romainguy_ : no

Edited by akex054, 07 January 2010 - 09:35 PM.

arielext

arielext

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
but eventhough it's a 2.0.0 dump can't it be used for something good? (root / way to get to root / custom rom)

Dayzee

Dayzee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I'm a published Author, Stand Up Comedian (occasionally), Improvisor, and teacher - But most of all, I love my Gadgets :) Especially Android!!<br /><br />Here's my Amazon Author Profile - Over 18's tho <br />http://www.amazon.com/Edie-Bingham/e/B002BLV6FY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
  • Devices:Hero, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@daized

but eventhough it's a 2.0.0 dump can't it be used for something good? (root / way to get to root / custom rom)

+1 (That's what I was trying to say :) xx)

MJ2332

MJ2332

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
  • Twitter:@mj2332
Anyway Motorola Europe informed on Facebook that 2.0.1 is on its way.
LINK
Hope they'll move so we can root :)

akex054

akex054

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Some have access to update server.

It seems working only for German users ... :)

Edited by akex054, 11 January 2010 - 07:41 PM.

janjan2

janjan2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Nexus one
Yes only the german users are able to update their milestone.

akex054

akex054

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Kinda strange ... Motorola said, 2.0.1 available for all Milestones ...

Well, we'll see if the german update works on all 'Stones ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users