113 replies to this topic

calculito

calculito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:I900 Omnia
  • Twitter:@calculito

ok,all this time i have been searching and looking at various custom roms and have arrived at the conclusion that the only(and the best) way to upgrade your phone should be through a clean original rom cuz then you wont have to be stuck with useless software by the modder, take the (even if slight but still)chance of bricking the phone. As far as softwares are concerned, im sure google can find them.
Ok, i have an open request. Can anyone please make a simple WinMo 6.5.3 ROM which has all Samsung and the default Omnia features and no other modifications?

I am confident that numerous PDA users will appreciate that.
Thanks in advance and to MAMBO04 for guiding me throughout these few hours, thank you very much

PLEASE DON'T SCREAM ANYMORE!

i900 with Nicklas 28014, i900LJIIA1, MS3.5 

cruddasj

cruddasj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G

ok,all this time i have been searching and looking at various custom roms and have arrived at the conclusion that the only(and the best) way to upgrade your phone should be through a clean original rom cuz then you wont have to be stuck with useless software by the modder, take the (even if slight but still)chance of bricking the phone. As far as softwares are concerned, im sure google can find them.
Ok, i have an open request. Can anyone please make a simple WinMo 6.5.3 ROM which has all Samsung and the default Omnia features and no other modifications?

I am confident that numerous PDA users will appreciate that.
Thanks in advance and to MAMBO04 for guiding me throughout these few hours, thank you very much

Using big font capital letters is like shouting, and it wont get you anywhere on on this forum (except maybe kicked out)

I can make a ROM that has all of the samsung apps in, but if you read up about it you will see that they are not all compatible. The dialler for instance has a scroll bar because it has to cater for the new taskbar in 6.5.3, as well as many other programs that wont fit. Also, the ROM will be slow and run like crap, thats why people strip roms. It more than likely you are going to get the 'memory levels critical' aswell as the default taskmanager doesnt close programs it only minimizes them.

When you write that upgrading a clean rom has less chance of bricking i think you have misunderstood. When someone says an original ROM they mean one that was produced by samsung. Any 6.5.3 rom will not be an original. It does not matter how much stuff a chef puts in or not. The chances of bricking your phone will be exactly the same because all 6.5.3 roms are custom roms. I made true and blue because you can easily put the samsung parts back in using cabs. Not everyone likes the samsung apps so it is optional, rather than having the rom bogged down with bloat.

Yes, chefs put software in that your sure 'google could find them' but then these answers are well known to anyone and im sure if youd taken some time and to gather your facts, google could have found them too. If you still dont understand the difference between an original and custom rom, i would reccomend that you do not flash your phone.

pleasePosted Imageand buy me a coffee:)

soopahfly

soopahfly

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

ah right okay, well one thing i can say is that the chance of you bricking your Omnia is 0000000.1% out of 100 ;)

Trust me, i've flashed my phone about 200+ times and nothing has happened to it. Even disrupted the transfers a couple of times, but still it lives on ;)

I can make a clean ROM without anything, but won't be today, probably tomorrow or so. But still, i would still say that you should check out the other ROMs here, they are pretty good ;)

I'd disagree.

I've flashed hundreds of HTC Windows mobile phones without problems.
I go to update the wife's Omnia with the official tools and it bricks.
Needed a new mainboard from Samsung.

DMRO

DMRO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:HTC P3300

... useless software by the modder, take the (even if slight but still)chance of bricking the phone...

Don't worry! As far as software is concerned, you have the same chance of bricking the phone as with an original ROM. It's not the software that bricks the phone, It's the flashing (if it goes wrong)! So, if you don't want to take the chance of bricking your phone, you shouldn't flash at all! Doesn't matter which ROM you flash or what software it has cooked in, you always risk bricking your phone! Even with an untouched ROM.

cruddasj

cruddasj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Hey soophafly. Sorry to hear the phone bricked ;) There are some things that can make a difference, however if the official one had bricked it, i believe you can claim warranty. In my opinion, flashing is relatively safe. But there is always that small chance that you can brick the phone, especially if you are using a custom rom without the adequate drivers installed. If you ever consider flashing the phone again, PM me if you have any questions at all. I can guide you through if needed to make sure that another one doesnt bite the dust ;)

sonora

sonora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900
I installed WMware on Windows 7 64-bit machine and succesfully reflashed the original Samsung ROM.

...GeForce...

...GeForce...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Omnia, Optimus 2X

Using big font capital letters is like shouting, and it wont get you anywhere on on this forum (except maybe kicked out)

Sorry mate...just wanted to emphasize...as far as the question goes that why do i want to flash my phne? it would have to be that i have no idea at most times what i'm doing as the whole interface is in French(a friend gifted the phone).I just wanted a Rom which would be in english.
The biggest problem that i have seen in many roms is that althogh they might be very good as far as custom apps and functionality,speed and memory usage is concerned but some things as stripped which are sometimes required

Skythra

Skythra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

some things as stripped which are sometimes required

6.5 never was released on i900. You can get 6.1 from samsung to install.

Basically no matter what you're still installing custom firmware because a chef still has to make you the 6.5.

Even the things removed can be replaced.

Do some reading, you're going to have to read how to flash it anyway.

andylyf

andylyf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hey, i know a way which u can get Original WM6.5.3 samsung rom...
that is to pray and hope santa claus give u one on xmas day...

dude... Samsung did not release WM6.5 official rom for I900 users...
the only way u can get wm6.5 or wm6.5.3 is to use the rom cooked by chefs here...

sonora

sonora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Has anyone heard any news that Omnia i900 will get free upgrade to WinMo 6.5?

papaslime

papaslime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900 16Gb

Has anyone heard any news that Omnia i900 will get free upgrade to WinMo 6.5?

andylyf Posted Today, 09:12 Hey, i know a way which u can get Original WM6.5.3 samsung rom...
that is to pray and hope santa claus give u one on xmas day...

dude... Samsung did not release WM6.5 official rom for I900 users...
the only way u can get wm6.5 or wm6.5.3 is to use the rom cooked by chefs here...

i think andy already answer your question ;)
samsung will never release wm6.5 for i900, if you want original samsung wm6.5 rom so bad just change ur phone to omnia II ;)

...GeForce...

...GeForce...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
ok, do i require any upgrades b4 installing a custom 6.5 rom like the Cruddasj 28014 Black Beauty

and how much total time does the whole flashing process take?

Edited by ...GeForce..., 03 January 2010 - 11:45 AM.

yekxmerr

yekxmerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Uppon seing this topic, i agree with the original poster and i also like original untouched roms. I've seen on this forum many modded roms, probably too many. Removing all the HTC stuff its something i dont like but like everything someone likes X other like Y. I will be preciated if someone starts to release untouched roms with samsung stuff.

Regards

cruddasj

cruddasj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

ok, do i require any upgrades b4 installing a custom 6.5 rom like the Cruddasj 28014 Black Beauty

and how much total time does the whole flashing process take?

Part 1:

Part 2: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

This should help you. Read through the instructions on the forum too and you should be away :)

Wait a few days tho, im upgrading the sys files to 28250 which is a newer build. I cant right now as im ill in bed though :|

Edited by cruddasj, 03 January 2010 - 01:58 PM.

...GeForce...

...GeForce...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Part 1:

Part 2: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

This should help you. Read through the instructions on the forum too and you should be away :)

Wait a few days tho, im upgrading the sys files to 28250 which is a newer build. I cant right now as im ill in bed though :|

ok then i'll wait for it .... anywayz is it going to be true and blue or black signature?

Edited by ...GeForce..., 04 January 2010 - 12:47 AM.

bripz

bripz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal
oh no sick at the start of the year cruddasj

hope you get better soon hey ;)

i tried both your ROMs and I loved it... but i reflashed back to nick's flotanium 28014 build coz it seems to somehow run HELLA faster on my omnia and much more stable for some reason :)

love all the work you do for this community. can't wait to try out your new build B)

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

2010 BABY! B)

Mobile Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy SII i9100T - Vodafone Australia Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Official ROM <3
  • Acer Liquid Metal - Gingerbread 2.3.6 Performance v4.3 ROM by Pingu
  • Samsung HD Omnia i8910 - Faenil n2o5
  • Samsung Omnia i900 - Windows Mobile sucks so hard

cruddasj

cruddasj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

ok then i'll wait for it .... anywayz is it going to be true and blue or black signature?

Hey. Both will be updated. Im off from work today so maybe at some point can build them. If you were using black beauty bripz then yes it is a little slower lol, but the newer builds seem to help. Its the amount of gloss in it :)

sudkcoce

sudkcoce

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
6.5.x eats too much RAM. And that's kind of the most important thing on your mobile, if you want it to be fast and stable and not launching M2D all the time.

I have tried some of the best 6.5 roms and went back on 6.1 (qbus v07). I suggest you do the same.

HTC Desire, stock 2.2 Froyo Rom :)

maboo23

maboo23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
sectors Zeus M2d is good also

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I900 WM6.5 23569 DXIA5

Everybody, please post the original untouched/modded/litened or modified in any other way a copy of WinMo 6.5.3 which is fully compatible with the Samsung Omnia i900. WOuld appreciate it gr8ly

if you like to try omnia i900 WM6.5 28205 with all default samsung applications you should try this link :
http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

I don't know whether it's full working with you since I build this rom based on wozzer kitchen. Please share the screen shoot if you're satified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users