Original Untouched ROM WIndows Mobile 6.5.3 for Omnia i900

Guest ...GeForce...

Guest cruddasj

Following that, im guessing you will want two versions.....one with the old GUI with start bar at top and one with new GUI with buttons at the bottom?

Guest dayspring2099us
Hey guys and girls.

Seeing as ive now finished my exams and have some more free time........ill make you a ROM if your still looking for one.

List the details that you want in it, because at the moment, this thread is very messy. You guys will all have to agree what goes in and what doesnt. PM me a link to a decided spec and ill have a go.

When you say untouched.....do you mean you want a ROM that is as if samsung have made it? or a barebones windows mobile 6.5.3 with no extras at all?

For cooks in this thread, you can put the input back in by default. Go to your SYS folder, and go the Shell folder inside this. In there is an RGU file. Open it in notepad. Use CTRL + F to find the word 'input' one will match with HKLM\Control Panel\Input

The redirect key will be in here, just completely remove it and hey presto! you have input back :)

Let me know what you think.

Jay

noted with thanks.....anyway, could you let me know how to fix default samsung dialer layout??

Guest cruddasj
noted with thanks.....anyway, could you let me know how to fix default samsung dialer layout??

You have to reduce the scroll bar size to 0 to cater for the new taskbar i believe. The omnia lite dialler works (i know you guys are trying to stick to the original layout tho).

I remove the samsung dialler from my ROMs so am not too experienced with it. Some of the guys over at omniarom may know how :) or maybe some of the chefs over here. You'll have to ask around. If you need any help on other stuff, PM me. Welcome to cooking! B)

Guest dayspring2099us
You have to reduce the scroll bar size to 0 to cater for the new taskbar i believe. The omnia lite dialler works (i know you guys are trying to stick to the original layout tho).

I remove the samsung dialler from my ROMs so am not too experienced with it. Some of the guys over at omniarom may know how :) or maybe some of the chefs over here. You'll have to ask around. If you need any help on other stuff, PM me. Welcome to cooking! B)

cooking already done with 28217...still didn't find any difference with 28205. and thanks again finally input panel show up but each time want to move into original MS keyboard option always into samsung default. any suggestion/advise. Hope i' able to upload tomorrow while at work...lol

Guest cruddasj
cooking already done with 28217...still didn't find any difference with 28205. and thanks again finally input panel show up but each time want to move into original MS keyboard option always into samsung default. any suggestion/advise. Hope i' able to upload tomorrow while at work...lol

You mean its bringing up the ms keyboard by default?

You'll need to change the SIP registry key. I can exactly remember where this is off the top of my head. Its explained somewhere in the vistang thread. You can write it into the CSC. Another option is to cook in SIP change but im under the impression you want nothing added/removed.

Guest woody2k
just a stupid question...

In that rom, is the mouse working?

dont think the finger mouse will work in any 6.5 rom. Samsung are ot going to unveil an official 6.5 update for the omnia so there is no 6.5 driver. All the samsung apps in the 6.5 roms have been ported from 6.1

Guest ...GeForce...

ok ..... topic is off-course.... we are talking about a Rom which has all the features a standard OEM WinMo 6.5 with all the things that samsung would fit in if they ever launched an update for the existing software....a second rom should also be made as many people want it that is a original unmodified WinMo6.5 rom which has everything Microsoft would put in only

Guest dayspring2099us
Is it stable..? why don't u start ur own thread..? i think there's lot of omnia users looking for ROM like this..

Downloading now n will flash to test it.. ;)

you may say it's stable enough. I use my own rom build for daily use, so if it's not stable I won't share this rom with you guys.

Guest melodysilly
you may say it's stable enough. I use my own rom build for daily use, so if it's not stable I won't share this rom with you guys.

i've flashed it but.. it's quite slow n not responses to touch. there's also screen blinked problem when sliding through start menu..

Guest dayspring2099us
i've flashed it but.. it's quite slow n not responses to touch. there's also screen blinked problem when sliding through start menu..

Well...at this time I'm using 28217 and there isn't any problem at all...

Guest FredClappen

Hi.

Great ROM as always.

One problem I found, my Samsung Mobile Navigator (AKA Garmin Mobile XT) cannot get any GPS signal. I also tried Google Maps 3.3.1 and enabled the GPS option but also no GPS signal.

What is wrong?

Guest FredClappen

Hi.

OK, I solved the problem. Found this solution in a nother part.

Garmin XT configs (for me they work good and I can get a fix in 1-2mins)

•Go to General Settings - GPS

1) GPS program port : COM 7

2) GPS hardware port : COM 9

3) Baud Rate : 9600

4) Enable Manage GPS automatically5)

5) Make sure to download the XTRA data every week or so while connecting to internet trough Active Sync

•Under Garmin XT - Click signal bar ( top left icon ) 1) MAKE SURE its COM7 : COM7

2) IF NOT then click disable button

3) Click Use serial GPS - set it to COM 7

4) Then Enable it back.

I just did not do the XTRA download and changed the Program Port to COM 8

In Garmin Mobile XT I selected COM8:COM8

Here is teh link to the page.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...d-programs-faq/

Thanks for the great work.

Guest Владик
Hey guys and girls.

Seeing as ive now finished my exams and have some more free time........ill make you a ROM if your still looking for one.

List the details that you want in it, because at the moment, this thread is very messy. You guys will all have to agree what goes in and what doesnt. PM me a link to a decided spec and ill have a go.

When you say untouched.....do you mean you want a ROM that is as if samsung have made it? or a barebones windows mobile 6.5.3 with no extras at all?

For cooks in this thread, you can put the input back in by default. Go to your SYS folder, and go the Shell folder inside this. In there is an RGU file. Open it in notepad. Use CTRL + F to find the word 'input' one will match with HKLM\Control Panel\Input

The redirect key will be in here, just completely remove it and hey presto! you have input back ;)

Let me know what you think.

Jay

Hi there, I reaaly appreciate it, I wish there was a ROm as if official, but with the reguar start menu at the top, not at the bottom.

I mean as Samsung had made it for the omnia.

Thanks

Guest dayspring2099us
Hi.

OK, I solved the problem. Found this solution in a nother part.

Garmin XT configs (for me they work good and I can get a fix in 1-2mins)

•Go to General Settings - GPS

1) GPS program port : COM 7

2) GPS hardware port : COM 9

3) Baud Rate : 9600

4) Enable Manage GPS automatically5)

5) Make sure to download the XTRA data every week or so while connecting to internet trough Active Sync

•Under Garmin XT - Click signal bar ( top left icon ) 1) MAKE SURE its COM7 : COM7

2) IF NOT then click disable button

3) Click Use serial GPS - set it to COM 7

4) Then Enable it back.

I just did not do the XTRA download and changed the Program Port to COM 8

In Garmin Mobile XT I selected COM8:COM8

Here is teh link to the page.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...d-programs-faq/

Thanks for the great work.

good job fred, and I guess google map also working as well...i'm trying with it and there isn't any problem so far...

Guest dayspring2099us
DAYSPRING 2009 U you are my hero!

I just flashed your rom and it´s exaclty what I wanted, my many many thanks!!!

Glad to hear that, so I guess it's no need to worry even samsung won't release any update into our omnia....lol.

Guest dayspring2099us
Hey guys,

My settings are:

PDA i900XXHH7/BOHH5

Phone i900NSPR0

I need an update?

Thanks

Florin

Hi Florin, you would like to update into a wm6.5 english rom?

Guest Владик
Glad to hear that, so I guess it's no need to worry even samsung won't release any update into our omnia....lol.

Absolutely!! No need to have Samsung when we got DAYSPRING 2009, I´m loving it.

Guest Владик
http://www.4shared.com/file/212682022/313e...28217-DXD1.html

Still with all samsung default applications...so, no need to take a screenshoot ;)

dear dayspring2009us,

i´m still testing the rom you made and it´s perfect!

although, I found some issues

1. reply sms bug, but was corrected with a smsfix cab I found I can´t remeber where.

2. phone skin does not allow you to see the number you´re calling, I used favorite hacks/advanced settings to remove the skin and it now works ok

I also would reaaly like to kindly request you two things!

1st: You should start a thread of your own, this is what lots of people are for.

2nd: Is it possible to create just the same with a WinMo 6.5.5 version?

I´m really enjoyng you made a great job.

Guest dayspring2099us
dear dayspring2009us,

i´m still testing the rom you made and it´s perfect!

although, I found some issues

1. reply sms bug, but was corrected with a smsfix cab I found I can´t remeber where.

2. phone skin does not allow you to see the number you´re calling, I used favorite hacks/advanced settings to remove the skin and it now works ok

I also would reaaly like to kindly request you two things!

1st: You should start a thread of your own, this is what lots of people are for.

2nd: Is it possible to create just the same with a WinMo 6.5.5 version?

I´m really enjoyng you made a great job.

http://www.4shared.com/file/218157047/6135...23529-DXDI.html

This is build 23529 but I'm using MSXIP kernel from 23518 in order to catch the speed and stability. I'm really sorry didn't start my own thread since there isn't any special with my rom especially with some of bugs appear. Perhaps if there's some master willing to help I'll build the perfect rom for our omnia. Anyway, thanks for your support guys.

Guest Nicklashidegard
http://www.4shared.com/file/218157047/6135...23529-DXDI.html

This is build 23529 but I'm using MSXIP kernel from 23518 in order to catch the speed and stability. I'm really sorry didn't start my own thread since there isn't any special with my rom especially with some of bugs appear. Perhaps if there's some master willing to help I'll build the perfect rom for our omnia. Anyway, thanks for your support guys.

Trust me, you can try and modify ANY build / base rom etc etc and you will still have bugs.. We must never forget that 6.5 was never made for the omnia and most custom roms (make that ALL Custom roms) runs better than the standard 6.1 rom.

Don't get too hung up with bugs, they will always be there. I think you should start a thread of your own, from what i've read they are very good roms and you've got nothing to be ashamed of. ;)