rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2 I8000; HTC Fuze

Hi, neuwrdg2.

I even can't get any error, octans doesn't detect my device at all, it does absolutely nothing!!!

Arbi,
first, all your comments and screens were from Octans Mini... what about real octans?

You have to change driver, when the phne is OFF.. and PLUGGED ON... then in device manager it will show something like 'samsung mit...'.THAT is the device you have to update..

Cooking ROMs for I8000 & I8000L

Want to support my work?? :)

Posted Image / EUR: Posted Image

mishari84

mishari84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:I8000
hello
thanks for your great contribution

im wondering

why still no available CSC file for arabic language, although samsung have released it officially on O2 deveces for long time now

i hope soon you make it available

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HTC Tilt
Rodrigo,

I'm from Chile, so I will make my questions in both in english and spanish. I've done this, too, but the message you say doesn't appear anywhere. Please find attached the complete Octans screen. It's all I got. I think something's wrong with the driver, wrong location, I don't know, please help!!!! I really want to try your Manila 2.5 rom, it looks terrific!!!

Best regards

Soy de Chile, así que te haré las preguntas también en español. Hice ésto pero por ninguna parte aparece ningún mensaje. Te adjunto pantallazo del Octans completo. Así permanece todo el rato, y como te escribí antes, tanto el Active sync como el Samsung PC Studio reconocen el equipo. No sé por qué pero me parece que pasa algo malo con el driver, yo solo corrí el setup del archivo deszipeado, y lo instalé en la ubicación por default (Archivos de Programa). Favor tu ayuda, muero por instalar tu rom del Manila 2.5 en mi Omnia 2.

Un abrazo

Arbi,
first, all your comments and screens were from Octans Mini... what about real octans?

You have to change driver, when the phne is OFF.. and PLUGGED ON... then in device manager it will show something like 'samsung mit...'.THAT is the device you have to update..

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Forgot the file, sorry.

Rodrigo,

I'm from Chile, so I will make my questions in both in english and spanish. I've done this, too, but the message you say doesn't appear anywhere. Please find attached the complete Octans screen. It's all I got. I think something's wrong with the driver, wrong location, I don't know, please help!!!! I really want to try your Manila 2.5 rom, it looks terrific!!!

Best regards

Soy de Chile, así que te haré las preguntas también en español. Hice ésto pero por ninguna parte aparece ningún mensaje. Te adjunto pantallazo del Octans completo. Así permanece todo el rato, y como te escribí antes, tanto el Active sync como el Samsung PC Studio reconocen el equipo. No sé por qué pero me parece que pasa algo malo con el driver, yo solo corrí el setup del archivo deszipeado, y lo instalé en la ubicación por default (Archivos de Programa). Favor tu ayuda, muero por instalar tu rom del Manila 2.5 en mi Omnia 2.

Un abrazo

Attached Files

Yohng

Yohng

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Devices:I8000NXXJ...
Wahoo ! Your tutorial is really great.

Anybody have answers of my questions below ?

Is anybody can explain in OCTANS :

• Mode select "SMD" : "Caution : all RF calibraton and IMEI data will be erased" ??
  • "Set Priority Bit" (CSC selection) : I have no idea ?
  • "Skip OS Upgrading by NoviNAND image" : Why would we need to do that ?
  • "Erase CSC" : I think this is in case of no CSC selected, right ?
  • "Keep Eboot config" : What is "Eboot config" ?
  • Preserve device's contents : this one I know and use every time !=> Don't format "my storage" !
  • What is "Contents" ? .mct format ? Is there a way to add by this field any third party softwares ?
  • What is the field "Integrated" ? may be a full "image" of all CSC+PDA+EBoot + Phone ?
  • Skip over waiting for booting completly : self explaination => anderstood !
  • Start download immediatly : self explaination => anderstood !
.... just to satisfy my curiosity!

The best french forum : PDAphoneAddict.com

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Rodrigo, what do you mean with "device manager". When I install the Samsung driver, it just appears a message saying "Samsung CDMA driver successfully installed", but nothing else appears on PC nor the O2 screen. I still guess that something wrong with the driver installation!! Please, help!!!

I've seen your rom working and it's absolutely AMAZING so I want to have it in my device!!! It's just a dream for me 'til now ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :( :( :( :( :(

Arbi,

monyozt

monyozt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Devices:sprint 3VO 3D, iphone 4,9780

Rodrigo, what do you mean with "device manager". When I install the Samsung driver, it just appears a message saying "Samsung CDMA driver successfully installed", but nothing else appears on PC nor the O2 screen. I still guess that something wrong with the driver installation!! Please, help!!!

I've seen your rom working and it's absolutely AMAZING so I want to have it in my device!!! It's just a dream for me 'til now ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :( :( :( :( :(

when you hit detect button, TURN OFF your phone then hit start downloading.

current device :

Phone:Blackberry onyx | OS : hybrid OS by Willyboy™ v7.3

mercury99

mercury99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

Hi, neuwrdg2.

I even can't get any error, octans doesn't detect my device at all, it does absolutely nothing!!!

Is there a slight chance that you actually did not turn off your phone? I mean you happened to turn off the backlight but not the phone? To turn off the phone, we got to hold the power button at the lower right corner. The backlight button is at the upper right side.

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi, Mercury:

You are right, I just push the button on the right side of the phone, so I just turned the backlight off!!! I think I'm getting closer with your tip!! Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, now it appears the message attached.What is wrong now? I'm a newbie, so don't understand what it means.

Is there a slight chance that you actually did not turn off your phone? I mean you happened to turn off the backlight but not the phone? To turn off the phone, we got to hold the power button at the lower right corner. The backlight button is at the upper right side.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Doc8.doc   132.5KB   294 downloads

mercury99

mercury99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

Hi, Mercury:

You are right, I just push the button on the right side of the phone, so I just turned the backlight off!!! I think I'm getting closer with your tip!! Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, now it appears the message attached.What is wrong now? I'm a newbie, so don't understand what it means.

You are welcome. We are all learning. Remember to restart PC after installing Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.

I tried the Octans Mini. I guess you connect your O2 TOO EARLY? Run Octans, browse the nb0 file, press the detect button FIRST, THEN connect the turned off O2. You should see the O2 being turned on automatically with a battery icon appears...

Good luck ;)

Edited by mercury99, 17 December 2009 - 04:32 PM.

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi, pal.

I have this problem now. Have you solved it?

hi Arbi do not be sad, I am second one, I have installed system from A1 Austria and I have unlocked the phone to other networsk. Now iOmnia works but it does not cooperate with Octans or minioctans.

With minicotans it writes long line starting with
OndeviceChange\\?\USB etc. etc. and I got sandcloc on PC a that´s it.On switched of Omnia I see for 10-20 seconds large blue battery.
With Octans just sand-clock on PC

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thanks. I got the blue battery charging, but Octans (Mini Octans too) shows the message OnDeviceChange....etc and hungsup.

You are welcome. We are all learning. Remember to restart PC after installing Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.

I tried the Octans Mini. I guess you connect your O2 TOO EARLY? Run Octans, browse the nb0 file, press the detect button FIRST, THEN connect the turned off O2. You should see the O2 being turned on automatically with a battery icon appears...

Good luck ;)

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Help, please!

Thanks. I got the blue battery charging, but Octans (Mini Octans too) shows the message OnDeviceChange....etc and hungsup.

arbi13

arbi13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Alleluyah!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :( :(

It's done, at last!!!!!! The problem was Samsung PC Studio!!!!!!! I just deactivated it and everything worked!!!!! And I have the spectacular Sense 2.5 rom in my beautiful O2!!!

So a real BIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU to all of you, GREAT fellas!!!!

Help, please!

monyozt

monyozt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Hi, Mercury:

not to turn off the backlight. but the phone

current device :

Phone:Blackberry onyx | OS : hybrid OS by Willyboy™ v7.3

monyozt

monyozt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
edit

current device :