SPB Mobile Shell omnia 2

Guest costipl

I think the problem is not solvable for the moment:

What does NOT work:

Spb Mobile Shell 3.5. Although you may switch acceleration on by registry at [HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Gl\], setting GlEnabed to 1, but it is really unusable: you can't tap on a panel or a message to select it, you can only swipe to rotate carousel. I don't really care, because Spb wants to add GL2 support in the nearest future.

From: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...tibility-layer/

Guest Gary Crutcher
how to instal skins in SPB Shell?

You might try here, but only a few people are doing any "skinning"

due to the the difficulty.

MSkip's Ultimate Elegance:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=575162

I am using this and it is better than the default SPB Mobile Shell.

Gary

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest dwallersv
Is it is \Windows or in \My Storage\Windows? And did you install the GL cab also, or just do the registry edit?

Yes to all.

The OGL behavior is there -- the carousel moves around in 3D now, doing some interesting rotations as a "ring" in all 3 dimensions. Checked that all files are there -- libgles_cm.dll and that other one (don't remember as I'm typing this, but it's there), as well as the HTC sensor SDK dll.

Use G-sensor switch shows up in the options popup on the carousel page... enable it, no G-sensor action. Reboot, still the same.

I know the 3-axis accelerometers are working, because other apps -- like bubblelevel with the digital compass -- are working fine.

Quite a mystery. In any case, I've disabled it in the registry as without graphics acceleration, the "eye-candy" aspect is just not good enough to justify, IMO.

Guest Flooder
You might try here, but only a few people are doing any "skinning"

due to the the difficulty.

MSkip's Ultimate Elegance:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=575162

I am using this and it is better than the default SPB Mobile Shell.

Gary

I strongly recommend against MSkips as it uses nearly 40MB more Program RAM to run than the standard spb shell. Looking pretty is nice and all, but not at the expense of that much RAM. It's also a B#&@@ to uninstall.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I strongly recommend against MSkips as it uses nearly 40MB more Program RAM to run than the standard spb shell. Looking pretty is nice and all, but not at the expense of that much RAM. It's also a B#&@@ to uninstall.

First of all, it does not use that much ram. I still have 65 MB free after SPB + MSkip

Secondly, it's in a .cab - easy to install

Edited by Gary Crutcher

As said nothing like the memory use you state and any uninstall just takes a few minutes to complete. A little patience is all it takes and it is well worth installing as it vastly increases the usability and levels of customisation you can achieve.

Guest redzone321
As said nothing like the memory use you state and any uninstall just takes a few minutes to complete. A little patience is all it takes and it is well worth installing as it vastly increases the usability and levels of customisation you can achieve.

I had the same issue with it. i couldnt get more then 55 mb of free ram with mskip installed

Guest 07aspenx

I have the Verizon I920 and the 3D carousel is working. But I am unable to choose for example Contacts, SPB Menu, etc... when I click it in Carousel View. I would have to click on the bottom left arrow which brings me back to the lifestyle screen. Everything works fine if I have it in Tiles View. I'm using the MobileSense theme which rocks but it's a memory hog.

Edited by 07aspenx

Guest 07aspenx
Very simple... Flash KC's 6.1 light rom :)

After installing all my apps including spb and hero theme.. i still have 70mb ++ ram left.

Would love to have a flashable ROM for the Verizon I920 so I can get rid of all the unwanted software.

Guest Flooder

Guys, I'm only telling you what I saw with my own eyes. Before installing MSkip I had 67MB Program RAM with all apps closed. After installing MSkip I had 23MB Program RAM with all apps closed. After sort of uninstalling it (see below) I'm back to 60+MB Program RAM.

Once I saw that foolishness and tried to UN-install it, it would not come out. After 5-8 minutes my phone displays the "file could not be fully removed" message. I tried repeated uninstalls with no luck. Finally reinstalling spb mobile shell over the top of it shuts it down at least, but it's still lurking in the background as I can still see the skin choices for my icons (although selecting them doesn't work).

Guest Gary Crutcher
Guys, I'm only telling you what I saw with my own eyes. Before installing MSkip I had 67MB Program RAM with all apps closed. After installing MSkip I had 23MB Program RAM with all apps closed. After sort of uninstalling it (see below) I'm back to 60+MB Program RAM.

Once I saw that foolishness and tried to UN-install it, it would not come out. After 5-8 minutes my phone displays the "file could not be fully removed" message. I tried repeated uninstalls with no luck. Finally reinstalling spb mobile shell over the top of it shuts it down at least, but it's still lurking in the background as I can still see the skin choices for my icons (although selecting them doesn't work).

Did you install MSkip after you installed SPB MS?

Make sure you used the correct version of MSkip - some are for SPB MS v3.5.1

and others are for previous versions of SPB MS.

See attached before (without SPB MS) and after (with SPB MS) - note: I have

also installed clockworks and vostradamus widgets for SPB MS

Before post-557795-1261539568_thumb.jpg After post-557795-1261539584_thumb.jpg

As you can see, only 22 MB of memory is used and I still have 60 MB free.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Flooder
Did you install MSkip after you installed SPB MS?

Make sure you used the correct version of MSkip - some are for SPB MS v3.5.1

and others are for previous versions of SPB MS.

See attached before (without SPB MS) and after (with SPB MS) - note: I have

also installed clockworks and vostradamus widgets for SPB MS

Before post-557795-1261539568_thumb.jpg After post-557795-1261539584_thumb.jpg

As you can see, only 22 MB of memory is used and I still have 60 MB free.

Glad it works for you! Yes, installed after and yes latest versions straight from the xda site. Not sure how you're doing it, I didn't even have 80MB free when the &$@( thing came out of the box.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Glad it works for you! Yes, installed after and yes latest versions straight from the xda site. Not sure how you're doing it, I didn't even have 80MB free when the &$@( thing came out of the box.

I am using RDF's Win6.5 K5 Lite ROM, but

will be switching to his Ultra Lite version.

You can find it here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...rom-ultra-lite/

Gives you more memory - less Samsung clutter. Read the entire post before flashing.

Guest dwallersv

Folks, an easy, nearly pain-free way to get 10-15MB of ram back is to disable Today if you don't use it. The only price is the Phone button stops working to launch the dialer, but that's a minor issue since most shells provide a widget to get to it.

Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Enabled and set it to 0. Reboot. You'll reclaim this RAM. Other nice thing is that it boots faster, going straight to your shell (in my case and the folks in this thread, MS3).