[ROM] O2LITE WM 6.5.3 Edition [SOON]

Guest rodrigofd

Guest trappolo72
First Omnia 2 I8000 Custom ROM With Windows Mobile 6.5.3 on the works!! ;) ;)

Stay tuned ;)

great Rodrigo i await good new from you to an iced Italy

the new's whith or whitout tf3d????

thanks again for your hard work

cant wait to see wm6.5.3 on omnia II, i was the best thing on my previous i900 ;) i trully hope that this way will solve memory leak issue on i8000 for good ;)

Edited by sesser

Guest rodrigofd
That sounds like a cool christmas present to me ;)

Well, it 'kind of' works... but, sadly we still have very little ram to play with ;) ..... i might get some help from an indian pal, maybe he can drop me a clue in why the hell samsung reserved 130 mb of ram memory for our phones .....

Guest rodrigofd
Any progress on the relocation?

YES .. fortunately , an indian pal helped me and i managed to rellocate, xip port and build a 6.5.3 28008 build ;) ...

I'll share it with youy .. however, my main concern now, is that didn't solve our main issue: only 139MB of available ram . it cant be samsung gets half physical ram reserved.. something must be done here....

Guest Michael Pang
YES .. fortunately , an indian pal helped me and i managed to rellocate, xip port and build a 6.5.3 28008 build ;) ...

I'll share it with youy .. however, my main concern now, is that didn't solve our main issue: only 139MB of available ram . it cant be samsung gets half physical ram reserved.. something must be done here....

don't you think we can take a look to see if we can take a look of the eboot? if eboot works like BIOS of our PC, there should be some settings which reserved the memory reserved for, say graphic card etc.

also, if you take a look on OCTAN, there is an option say "Keep Eboot CFG". don't you think there may be an EBoot editor?

post-240024-1260926609_thumb.jpg

Guest Khuanchai

Vow, that's great news! Thank you very much.

The 139 MB RAM is not too bad though, compared to previous devices. However, more is better. ;)

In fact, I have tried cooking WM 6.1 ROM during the last several days. No problem with relocation at all. I have more than 100 MB free RAM. ;)

Guest rodrigofd
don't you think we can take a look to see if we can take a look of the eboot? if eboot works like BIOS of our PC, there should be some settings which reserved the memory reserved for, say graphic card etc.

also, if you take a look on OCTAN, there is an option say "Keep Eboot CFG". don't you think there may be an EBoot editor?

post-240024-1260926609_thumb.jpg

Actually EBOOT is a compiled binary program, it is not something 'editable' as-is... samsung team has source code, and compiles it as a binary file ...

BUT it is VERY LIKELY that memory limitation is somewhere in eboot, or WM bootloader, or so ... and i also think like you, it has to do to some graphic memory reservation.. strange since not even newest HTC and ACER F1 is much less reserved memory ...

but no clues here....

Guest Michael Pang
Actually EBOOT is a compiled binary program, it is not something 'editable' as-is... samsung team has source code, and compiles it as a binary file ...

BUT it is VERY LIKELY that memory limitation is somewhere in eboot, or WM bootloader, or so ... and i also think like you, it has to do to some graphic memory reservation.. strange since not even newest HTC and ACER F1 is much less reserved memory ...

but no clues here....

is it possible to HEX edit the eboot? i knoe it is risky to manual edit the eboot which may brick our device.

Guest rodrigofd
is it possible to HEX edit the eboot? i knoe it is risky to manual edit the eboot which may brick our device.

of course it's possible, but .. what would you edit??? i don't know how to disassemble eboot program code... and even if i knew, and if i understood ARM assembly code, which instruction to patch??? .. there wont' be such place like : 'amount of memory to take you out from ram. Patch here'... ;)

ii hope sorg can drop a clue here...

Guest tacchan23

Sounds like great news!

Anyway, dunno if it's just me, I experienced a much better multi tasking with Rodrigofd ultra lite rom even if the free memory was about the same as the Khuanchai lite rom (just 2-3mb difference). Maybe you already did something in the right direction? or it was just a case? http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...he-latest-roms/

Guest dgmorland
First Omnia 2 I8000 Custom ROM With Windows Mobile 6.5.3 on the works!! ;) ;)

Stay tuned ;)

Wow - this would be good - finally a solution to the stupid finger-unfriendly "X to close/minimise an application" and the OK button in about 3 point font (I exaggerate slightly) ;) I guess winmo 6.5 touch interface was tested with someone with very pointy fingers to hit that X

Edited by dgmorland

i really hope they fix this memory issue ;)

i've reached 10mb a few times already and the phone haults very slowly.

I hvae reverted to the acer f1 for the time being and it faces no memory issues that i have noticed.

Guest Khuanchai

Hi RFD,

Could you please share the new relocation tool and how it works in the sticky ROM cooking thread? I believe wes also eager to know about it. ;)

Guest silvos3189
Wow - this would be good - finally a solution to the stupid finger-unfriendly "X to close/minimise an application" and the OK button in about 3 point font (I exaggerate slightly) ;) I guess winmo 6.5 touch interface was tested with someone with very pointy fingers to hit that X

lol i got long and pointy fingers for a guy and... yea the WM6.5 touch interface is no problem at all for me.

Anyway, back on topic... WOAH WM 6.5.3!?!??! That's like a BIG BIG unofficial upgrade! How does 6.5.3 look though? what's different? sorry I know it's a very stupid question, but i've only seen a pic of 6.5.1 and never of 6.5.3

Guest zzzzzz54321
lol i got long and pointy fingers for a guy and... yea the WM6.5 touch interface is no problem at all for me.

Anyway, back on topic... WOAH WM 6.5.3!?!??! That's like a BIG BIG unofficial upgrade! How does 6.5.3 look though? what's different? sorry I know it's a very stupid question, but i've only seen a pic of 6.5.1 and never of 6.5.3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_mobil...ws_Mobile_6.5.3

Guest Michael Pang

i use notepad to open the eboot file "Eboot_I8000NXXIL2_HW_40.ebo"

I find the following ASCII inside the ebo file. I really suspect there is engineer mode which we can configure the boot loader. Maybe we need to press several buttons at the same time to turn on OmniaII but I don't know.

also from the screen capture, you can see there is an IP Address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0, i suspect there is a mode which we turn on our phone and we can use Hyper Terminal or Telnet program to config the bootloader through console.

You can also see there is some menu items which I have also highlighted, for example "Store EbootCFG To OneNAND", Therefore, I think there is some settings in eboot we can take a look to see if we can set how much memory is reserved.

post-240024-1260944424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest Michael Pang
i use notepad to open the eboot file "Eboot_I8000NXXIL2_HW_40.ebo"

I find the following ASCII inside the ebo file. I really suspect there is engineer mode which we can configure the boot loader. Maybe we need to press several buttons at the same time to turn on OmniaII but I don't know.

also from the screen capture, you can see there is an IP Address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0, i suspect there is a mode which we turn on our phone and we can use Hyper Terminal or Telnet program to config the bootloader through console.

You can also see there is some menu items which I have also highlighted, for example "Store EbootCFG To OneNAND", Therefore, I think there is some settings in eboot we can take a look to see if we can set how much memory is reserved.

post-240024-1260944424_thumb.jpg

Just my guess, eboot is short form of Ethernet Bootloader. I do a quick search in the Internet. I suspect Samsung is using Microsoft Platform Builder to build the eb0 file.

Platform Builder for Microsoft Windows CE 5.0

Ethernet Boot Loader

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms901800.aspx

Also take a look on this ( http://blogs.msdn.com/ce_base/archive/2006....0-and-6.0.aspx )

Config.bib – this contains a lot of configuration info for a CE OS image. The MEMORY section is what we’ll focus on – it defines the memory blueprint for the CE image. Here are the important terms:

RAMIMAGE – This is the virtual address region that the kernel and any other components you select for your image will be placed in. This can be RAM or linearly addressable flash. Your config.bib file should have exactly one RAMIMAGE section. It needs to be virtually contiguous, and it needs to be large enough to hold whatever components you’ve selected.

RAM – This is the virtual address region of RAM that the kernel can allocate to applications and RAM-based file systems. It needs to be virtually contiguous. (If you need a non-contiguous section, you can allocate another, non-virtually-contiguous section at run-time by implementing the OEMGetExtensionDRAM function, but that’s outside our scope)

RESERVED – These are virtual address regions that are set aside – the kernel won’t allocate memory in these addresses and components won’t be placed in these addresses.

AUTOSIZE - In the CONFIG section, we have the AUTOSIZE=ON (or OFF) variable. If this variable is on, it will treat the RAMIMAGE and RAM regions as a single region, allocating just enough space to hold all of the components to the RAMIMAGE section and making the rest of the space available as RAM. This is a pretty convenient and easy way to make sure you’re getting maximal use out of your RAM. One thing autosize won’t do is interfere with reserved or unallocated regions.

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest Michael Pang

See the link here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms923584.aspx

The Table under the "Parameters".

the last row:

RESERVED - Specifies that a region of RAM or ROM is reserved.

During run-time image creation, Romimage skips these reserved sections.

This memory could be a video frame buffer or a direct memory access (DMA) buffer.

It really seems the reserved memory is for Video.

I really want there is any people we can help us to release more reserved memory.

100MB reserved memory is too much for me. I want more memory to run manila 2.5