Forum Opinion - Most Stable / Fastest ROM

Guest Nerohdam

Guest mackrox
I don't know if to laugh or cry reading responses like this. Dude, without WozzeR, Adrynalyne and blazingwolf you wouldn't have ANY custom ROMs, no Bgill's/ Evidence, hart'Vs, Mr. Capcome, myself, etc.

Building a ROM like BW's or Bgill's can take forever. I was in awe when I first saw one of Bgill's new releases. Just to change the taskbar images requires hours of editing the dll's. Like it or not, TONS of hours are put into every ROM

BW releases were always top notch, he wouldn't release somethin' that he wouldn't test and try, you can see that even when he's using the Droid he is still looking to release one more ROM and asking/helping people with issues with his ROM.

If you are using a ROM that was lightning fast at first and now lags it ain't the cook's fault. Maintenance is required.

If you don't like something about the ROM than cook one yourself to your liking

Also, thanks for the folks who like my ROM. I think they are all great for the purpose they were build.

Yes, I understand this, and I congrats all of them for doing such hard work. If you seen how bad my Omnia is right now you'd cry. It's only been installed for a few weeks. Right now when I view text messages, the text area goes black and I can't view the text.

Right now my Omnia has been sitting on my desk and the screen is full, 100% brightness... it just started doing this a few days ago. It doesn't shut off anymore. The keypad locking is the worse thing. Using 3rd party tools to do this is silly. It never works, so often the screen is turning off/on the speaker phone, disconnecting calls, pressing buttons, etc. I tweaked this program for HOURS and it still has yet to work properly. Works great in "test" mode, but when I'm in a call good luck getting it to work. Also when I need to dial numbers, it doesn't work - I have to sit and keep tapping until it finally works.. because the screen doesn't unlock properly.

Sadly, I have yet to find a rom that fits my needs. Maybe I have a messed up Omnia, I don't know.

I would love to make a rom, but after programming for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week I really want to be no where near the computer. I want a good Android phone, but my upgrade isn't until June =)

Guest rfarrah
Yes, I understand this, and I congrats all of them for doing such hard work. If you seen how bad my Omnia is right now you'd cry. It's only been installed for a few weeks. Right now when I view text messages, the text area goes black and I can't view the text.

Right now my Omnia has been sitting on my desk and the screen is full, 100% brightness... it just started doing this a few days ago. It doesn't shut off anymore. The keypad locking is the worse thing. Using 3rd party tools to do this is silly. It never works, so often the screen is turning off/on the speaker phone, disconnecting calls, pressing buttons, etc. I tweaked this program for HOURS and it still has yet to work properly. Works great in "test" mode, but when I'm in a call good luck getting it to work. Also when I need to dial numbers, it doesn't work - I have to sit and keep tapping until it finally works.. because the screen doesn't unlock properly.

Sadly, I have yet to find a rom that fits my needs. Maybe I have a messed up Omnia, I don't know.

I would love to make a rom, but after programming for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week I really want to be no where near the computer. I want a good Android phone, but my upgrade isn't until June =)

Try another one! Especially one of the base ROMs - see if it doesn't fix your problems.

Guest mackrox
Try another one! Especially one of the base ROMs - see if it doesn't fix your problems.

Yep, about to do that now. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I DO appreciate the cooker's hard work! As a programmer, I understand the issues =)

Guest solarone

Try Flashing Back To CF03 Base, Then Flash To Your Favorite New Rom....... By The Way , A Question For The Cooks........Which Branch Is Faster and More Stable.....23xxx (Com 4) or 28xxx (Com 8)......???

Edited by solarone

Guest leland_jr
Try Flashing Back To CF03 Base, Then Flash To Your Favorite New Rom....... By The Way , A Question For The Cooks........Which Branch Is Faster and More Stable.....23xxx (Com 4) or 28xxx (Com 8)......???

+1 to this question, I'm fairly confused among the builds out there right now.

In particular, I'd like to know if there are any builds or ROMs that are noticeably better at preserving battery life?

Lately I've been noticing that my phone cannot get through a day of use, especially if text or tweet more than a few times. And if I speak on the phone, then no hope at all.

+1 to this question, I'm fairly confused among the builds out there right now.

In particular, I'd like to know if there are any builds or ROMs that are noticeably better at preserving battery life?

Lately I've been noticing that my phone cannot get through a day of use, especially if text or tweet more than a few times. And if I speak on the phone, then no hope at all.

read up on liorytes thread post #1

he's got one of the best ROM imho

also you might want to check on 3 mnute GPRS - to save batti life - google is your freind here.

good luck

• 1 month later...
Guest SuzukiDan
naked Titanium ROM - Storm's current offering

M2D - Waresmike current offering

Titanium hybrid [aka NEO] - BW

IMO, they're cooking the snappiest and truly 'flash and forget' ROM for their respective niche.

Can someone link to these roms? I'm not sure if I'm finding the correct ones on here.

This is an old thread, but I'm about to try flashing a ROM and was looking for which one I should go with as well. Lots of good info in here but I'd like to throw these criteria at the brain pool here and see what you suggest.. heres whats important to me:

1.) Stability

2.) Speed

3.) NO automatic / background data usage that can't be turned off!

4.) More versatile File explorer functionality (more than simple copy & paste, something more like "windows explorer" in winXP

5.) a functional ZIP program like winzip

6.) Text editor like Notepad

7.) A decent music player for listening to MP3s

8.) google maps

9.) ability to calibrate screen

10.) a cool locking screen, currently i use the S2U2 and love it. Would need a suitable replacement, or ability to reinstall it.

#3 is very important as I have switched to the PagePlus service and am now limited to 50mb of data a month. For those who don't know you basically use your phone on Verizons network and pay only $30 a month for 1200 minutes, txts and 50mb data. The 50mb data sucks but I can live with that in order to not get pwn3d by verizon every time I go over by 40 minutes.. but I don't want some weather / twitter app going nuts on my data use in the background.

I'm very excited to try one of these cooked roms, and thank you to the guys who cook these up for all your hard work!!

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by SuzukiDan

read up on liorytes thread post #1

he's got one of the best ROM imho

also you might want to check on 3 mnute GPRS - to save batti life - google is your freind here.

good luck

IN REFERENCE TO POST #33

No pay no play

give up two pizza's a month and enjoy your phone :D :D

:lol: :lol:

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Charles Mims
Hello all! I know this is very subjective but over time which ROM has everyone felt is the most responsive and bug free? I think the current ROM I have from Blazewolf is good but the touch pad is buggy. Now I will say I have not updated to latest ROM but this got me to think, I just need a ROM that is fast and stable. Doesn't need to do everything just the important things and I can add in the apps that I need.

Again, all the cooks are awesome, but is there a general feel that one ROM maybe slightly more stable or faster than others? Thx...

I am flaky. I am addicted. I tend to go for whoever cooks the next build :D I don't really keep a ROM long, because I usually do something to break it adding programs and what not. For *ME* the M2D ROMS are the easiest for me to hose. I keep going back to them because I find the interface fascinating, but then I do something that breaks it and always end up back at Liroytes's base ROM until someone publishes something new. So I guess since Liroytes is the one I *ALWAYS* return to, I guess that would be my favorite.

All these guys do a great job. I'm not a computer idiot, I know my way around the keyboard so to speak. But I cannot seem to grasp using the kitchens. I read the threads and it makes sense to me, then when I try to cook it just doesn't come out. Sort of like those cookies we baked the other day. So I'm grateful for the work that people put in because I apparently have a learning block. It keeps my Omnia fun.

Guest SuzukiDan
IN REFERENCE TO POST #33

No pay no play

give up two pizza's a month and enjoy your phone :D :D

:lol: :D

Ok thanks.. but uhh, I'm pretty sure at least ONE of these cooked roms can have all background data disabled..

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm about to just try one of the ones on the main page here by Storm or Liroyte but I'd like to choose my best option first. Someone 'in the know' taking 30 seconds to respond to my post above could save me hours or even days of testing / flashing / recovering from bricking.. Thanks :lol:

Edited by SuzukiDan