I920 lock screen

Guest Omega Ra

Guest Omega Ra
the i920...i was using s2u2 but it didnt work well with the default incoming call screen but yea i press the lock button and screen shuts off and when i press it to turn it back on s2u2 is there...i thought thats how it is suppose to work i dont know know why you would have to redirect a button

well I am trying to get the WM6.5 default slider lock back..not s2u2

What specific lock widget are you using? Does it show up on the "Widget menu" or is it a shortcut to a specific program?

I went to "add widget" and chose "shortcut," then went into the tools menu and selected lock.

Guest jpenman
well I am trying to get the WM6.5 default slider lock back..not s2u2

oh well i understand that i was replying to that guy who said he did the s2u2 thing...i would use the 6.5 default slider but its dim on my phone and it doesnt display messages and other buttons are activated...

Guest Omega Ra

mine works when I lock it from the startmenu...but the buttons don't get locked. One strange thing happened this morning...when I was messing with stuff. At one point just for the hell of it I went to put a password for unlocking and in Settings>Lock (NOT settings>system>lockscreen) There were the usual 2 tabs (password and hint) but there was also the display tab...I was able to select between Windows Classic and Windows Default..I selected Default and got out, but the lock button still brought up the Samsung one...and when I went back the tab was gone again...so there is some registry switch for it somewhere...but what would it be called??

Guest jpenman
mine works when I lock it from the startmenu...but the buttons don't get locked. One strange thing happened this morning...when I was messing with stuff. At one point just for the hell of it I went to put a password for unlocking and in Settings>Lock (NOT settings>system>lockscreen) There were the usual 2 tabs (password and hint) but there was also the display tab...I was able to select between Windows Classic and Windows Default..I selected Default and got out, but the lock button still brought up the Samsung one...and when I went back the tab was gone again...so there is some registry switch for it somewhere...but what would it be called??

i think what it means by Windows Classic and Windows Default is one is the Slider that we know and love and the other one is the old school where it just says "Unlock" in the bottom left corner then you have to tap again on the middle right... look at the link and you will see what i mean

http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/reviews/0...eview/img11.jpg

i could be wrong but thats just what i think

Guest Omega Ra
i think what it means by Windows Classic and Windows Default is one is the Slider that we know and love and the other one is the old school where it just says "Unlock" in the bottom left corner then you have to tap again on the middle right... look at the link and you will see what i mean

http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/reviews/0...eview/img11.jpg

i could be wrong but thats just what i think

right, but how do I re-enable that tab...so I can select the Windows default. Plus....when messing with the .ese's in \Windows...be careful I accidentally cleared out my My Storage...

Guest jpenman
right, but how do I re-enable that tab...so I can select the Windows default. Plus....when messing with the .ese's in \Windows...be careful I accidentally cleared out my My Storage...

to be honest i dont know how you got rid of that tab i tried multiple things and it was always still in there..weird....i also noticed something else with the 6.5 slider lock...i had the samsung default lock disabled and had the 6.5 slider lock on and i wanted to see what happened if i called my phone so i did and the stupid samsung incoming call screen came up so i ignored it but when it disappeared for a brief second or 2 i saw the 6.5 slider incoming call screen...it had slide to answer and slide to ignore...so for some reason they put that slider lock/incoming call screen on the phone but you cant even use it due to the samsung incoming call screen....it doesnt make sense

Guest jpenman
well I have the verizon version, so that tab isn't supposed to be there... I am trying to figure out how to bring it back..

i have the verizon version as well....

Guest Omega Ra
i have the verizon version as well....

really? how did you disable the samsung lock screen? I want to get my slider one back when I use the button, not from the start menu...plus...when I have it on from the start menu I can still activate the camera with the button....

Guest jpenman
really? how did you disable the samsung lock screen? I want to get my slider one back when I use the button, not from the start menu...plus...when I have it on from the start menu I can still activate the camera with the button....

well i mean disable as in when i press the lock button the screen shuts off and when i hit it to unlock it the screen comes on with no lock screen....i dont know how to get the slider one as the lock button itself

Guest jpenman

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

go there and install the cab....it sets it so when you lock the phone the slider one is the one that works...however a few things are that i cant find the smartlock settings....the camera button is still activated....and there is no lock for the incoming call screen since the samsung one always takes charge...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

go there and install the cab....it sets it so when you lock the phone the slider one is the one that works...however a few things are that i cant find the smartlock settings....the camera button is still activated....and there is no lock for the incoming call screen since the samsung one always takes charge...

I tried installing this latest CAB and I couldn't find anything to activate it. I'm on a Verizon i920 using SPB MS and MSkip overlay.

Any ideas?

Guest dwallersv
I have noticed one odd thing....when locked with 6.5...the buttons aren't locked...only the screen...I can still activate the camera when on the lock screen...
Not sure which lock s/w you're referring to (native 6.5, or S2U2). S2U2 has an option to lock or keep unlocked buttons in it's config.

Guest dwallersv
the i920...i was using s2u2 but it didnt work well with the default incoming call screen but yea i press the lock button and screen shuts off and when i press it to turn it back on s2u2 is there...i thought thats how it is suppose to work i dont know know why you would have to redirect a button

Two things: Try Press-and-hold on the lock button -- you will always get the Samsung stupid lockscreen. It's hardcoded in their OS implementation. You have to use a solution like VJBrisk to redirect and make the whole thing clean.

Second, unless you disable the Samsung OEM dialer, it will fight with S2U2 for CallerID display.

I prefer S2U2 because if its appearance, flexibility, and features. So solving these problems is important to me.

Meh...why did samsung remove the standard WM 6.5 slider lock screen on the i920...it's a very cool thing, I like it ALOT, way better than their stupid lock screen.

BTW -- does anyone notice that when you do in fact use the samsung lock screen, the background that you choose is somehow "downsampled" in terms of color?

I have the same BG for my lock screen and my home screen, and when I'm on the lock screen (samsung one), I notice huge steps between the gradients of the colors, but then when I unlock the device and I'm back on the home screen, it's much more crisp and the stepping is minimized..

We REALLY need to find a way to get the standard wm 6.5 slider on the VZW i920...Maybe I should ask on the innovator forums.

I am on an i920 and DO have the option for the "slider" lock. For those of you that don't have it, have you tried checking "Prompt if unused for"? Do you get the "Display" tab after that?

The issue that I'm having now is trying to find a way to get the Lock hardware button to use the slider lock screen instead of the the touch-whiz lock screen...

Guest Omega Ra
I am on an i920 and DO have the option for the "slider" lock. For those of you that don't have it, have you tried checking "Prompt if unused for"? Do you get the "Display" tab after that?

The issue that I'm having now is trying to find a way to get the Lock hardware button to use the slider lock screen instead of the the touch-whiz lock screen...

I had that happen to me once...but then the display tab disappeared again..

• 2 weeks later...

bumpity bump bump splat?

I've been having a *lot* of problems with the samsung lock screen lately -- it seems to freeze and lag my entire device, I would *really* like a solution to this and just to be able to use the WM default slider...anyone please? :)

bump it!

Instead of posting a new topic I will just reiterate what I've already read in this post and would REALLY like to know!

I am sure someone can come up with the lock screen sooner or later, but i would really like to know how to map the lock button to whatever lock screen we prefer to use... isn't there a registry setting that can be changed or replaced by a new string or value?

bump it!

Instead of posting a new topic I will just reiterate what I've already read in this post and would REALLY like to know!

I am sure someone can come up with the lock screen sooner or later, but i would really like to know how to map the lock button to whatever lock screen we prefer to use... isn't there a registry setting that can be changed or replaced by a new string or value?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ge-lock-button/