rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2 I8000; HTC Fuze

yes same here... any clue how to use??

Because it is not a graphical application, it is a dos-style command line utility, like most of rom-cooking utils. you have to run it from a command prompt.

In first post, it is detailed available commands and their instructions.

Cooking ROMs for I8000 & I8000L

Want to support my work?? :)

Posted Image / EUR: Posted Image

Mr Man2003

Mr Man2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi rodrigofd,

Thanks a lot for your excellant and fantastic tool... I have Cubic37.MLI and would like to know how can we rebuild Cubic37.MLI as flashable ROM files?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Mr Man2003

Mr Man2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Hi rodrigofd,

Thanks a lot for your excellant and fantastic tool... I have Cubic37.MLI and would like to know how can we rebuild Cubic37.MLI as flashable ROM files?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Sorry for the question rodrigofd :) , got the answer which should be using i900_EXEcutor_2.4 ;)
B)

ajhvdb

ajhvdb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:OMNIAII
Ok, so as a complete n00b at this....

To backup your current rom you need to? can somebody provide a link?
(I read something about winhex)

This backup file can be converted with this O2Tool to a PDA file?

With OCTANS_Downloader_v2.11 the PDA file can be restored to my phone or other phones?

But this is a ROM file so all my changes (emails, sms, phoneno.) are not saved?

Is this possible too or only with f.i. SPB Backup?

You see a lot of question marks, so please be patient with me.

Edited by ajhvdb, 24 December 2009 - 10:14 AM.

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Ok, so as a complete n00b at this....

To backup your current rom you need to? can somebody provide a link?
(I read something about winhex)

This backup file can be converted with this O2Tool to a PDA file?

With OCTANS_Downloader_v2.11 the PDA file can be restored to my phone or other phones?

But this is a ROM file so all my changes (emails, sms, phoneno.) are not saved?

Is this possible too or only with f.i. SPB Backup?

You see a lot of question marks, so please be patient with me.

1. To backup your rom, look for 'sorg utility' in this forum, it is an exe file, copy to your storage card, run it, wait for 5 minutes (it doesn't display nothing in the meantime) ,.. it says 'done' or something, then copy a saved file called 'rom_dump.bin' from storage card to PC.

Download my utility from this post, and drag and drop your 'rom_dump.bin' into my exe util (o2util.exe) ... this will leave you with a rom_dump.bin.nb0.
Save this file, THAT is your ROM backup.

2. Answered..

3. Such NB0 files can be flashed to any I8000/I8000L phone, using Octans v2.11 downloader, that is correct.

4. NO. ROM contains the 'bare system', in a clean state, is like having a DVD of original Windows Vista.

5. SPB HAS NOTHIG TO DO ... What SPB backup does, is precisely save all the things you've 'done' after flashing, files, settings modified, contacts, mails, etc, etc. So, if you want to create a complete exact image of what you have now, then do a ROM backup, AND a SPB backup.

ajhvdb

ajhvdb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Can't find this 'sorg utility', anyone? a link? or pm me for my emailaddress..

kydkylin

kydkylin

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:i8000
I still don't know how to use the tool to turn a mst file to nb0 file...Could you be kind enough to show me a specific example wih this tool(for example,how to turn 123.mst into nb0 file)?It would be great if you could show the screenshot of the process :)
BTW:It really helps me a lot to turn a nb file to nb0 file——just drag it to the exe,so simple! ;)
Thanks a lot,bro
Merry Christmas~

Edited by kydkylin, 25 December 2009 - 07:01 AM.

kydkylin

kydkylin

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Can't find this 'sorg utility', anyone? a link? or pm me for my emailaddress..

Here you go:
Attached File  dskdump.exe   6KB   275 downloads

ajhvdb

ajhvdb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Thx, will try. Don't want to go more offtopic so if I have more questions about this I will open a new topic.

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

I still don't know how to use the tool to turn a mst file to nb0 file...Could you be kind enough to show me a specific example wih this tool(for example,how to turn 123.mst into nb0 file)?It would be great if you could show the screenshot of the process :)
BTW:It really helps me a lot to turn a nb file to nb0 file——just drag it to the exe,so simple! ;)
Thanks a lot,bro
Merry Christmas~

I though it was pretty clear on first post, but well, put o2util.exe and .mst file in same dir, open a command prompt (dos) at that dir,
then run:

o2util -mst_to_nb0 your-mst-rom-file.mst

and you'll end up with a NB0 file of same name, in same dir.

kydkylin

kydkylin

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

I though it was pretty clear on first post, but well, put o2util.exe and .mst file in same dir, open a command prompt (dos) at that dir,
then run:

o2util -mst_to_nb0 your-mst-rom-file.mst

and you'll end up with a NB0 file of same name, in same dir.

Thank you ,bro!!!
With your help ,I finally found that I'd just downloaded your early-version o2util.exe which just had the size of 20KB. :)
Now I re-downloaded your new one(22KB) and it works perfectly!!!
Thanks again~ ;) B)

Edited by kydkylin, 26 December 2009 - 02:29 AM.

HowieT

HowieT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i8000 Omnia II
Rodrigofd,
Have you had a chance to put together a command option list for this utility?

Thanks for you hard work and sharing your knowledge with us less experienced. :)

napx

napx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is there any possibility to extract the eboot from diskdump.bin?

kibiwi

kibiwi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Is it possible to have a tool to extract csc and phone files from a firmware exe?I extracted the pda and the eboot with pako's tool but it can't extract the csc and the phone part... :)

jebise

jebise

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
amazing

what is the difference between a MST and a nb0? languages?

kourampies

kourampies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:E-TEN Glofiish X500
if i create an english nb0 from the latest secany .mst, will i get more storage space on the device because of the lost languages???

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
i answer to all latest questions:

1) I do not know how to dump, from device, neither EBOOT, CSC or PHONE firmware. I haven't heard of anyone being capable of such things, yet, merely the 'CUBIC37.MLI' technique that lets you rip an EBOOT part, which i presume is the last one you flashed along with a .MST file. Sorg has more accurate knowledge of this last thing.

2) The binary dump you obtain by standard WM techniques, like the ones that Sorg utility does, only contains the PDA part, ... again, not known way of dumping remaining parts.

3) MST and NB0 are different file structures, different containers for the PDA part of ROM. Both can contain none, one or multiple language packs.
Main difference is that MST format contains an image that gets flashed over the 8/16 GB internal memory (not storage card).

4) I am sorry not clarifying this before, but if you directly convert secany's .MST roms to .NB0, they still contain all multiple language packs included on original MST file, so such resulting NB0 is not suitable for cooking. So, best way of cooking still is flashing MST rom with desired language, then dumping ROM, and working with such dump.

kourampies

kourampies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:E-TEN Glofiish X500

4) I am sorry not clarifying this before, but if you directly convert secany's .MST roms to .NB0, they still contain all multiple language packs included on original MST file, so such resulting NB0 is not suitable for cooking. So, best way of cooking still is flashing MST rom with desired language, then dumping ROM, and working with such dump.

so thats why all my cooking efforts failed. good to know this!

lohithvnm

lohithvnm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:omnia pro b7610
  • Twitter:@none
hai RF please help me
i have a louvre.mli file which i dumped from my phone now how to convert it into a .mst file ive searched and asked many guys but no replies please is there a way even if its by cooking the same rom by extracting it is it possible please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lohithvnm, 14 February 2010 - 06:02 PM.

Chivas610

Chivas610

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

3) MST and NB0 are different file structures, different containers for the PDA part of ROM. Both can contain none, one or multiple language packs.
Main difference is that MST format contains an image that gets flashed over the 8/16 GB internal memory (not storage card).

I have lost My Storage, and in order to flash with Secany's roms, I'd to convert the .mst to .nb0. Q: Is there any difference between these formats, or will they contain the same, and thus the flash will be the same result whether you use .mst or .nb0?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users