Screen calibrate in loop

Guest andif

Hi all, I have flashed my wifes phone back to i900DTHJ5 and when it boots it takes me to the screen calibration and after I click all 5points in starts all over again, ideas?

Guest poetsie
Hi all, I have flashed my wifes phone back to i900DTHJ5 and when it boots it takes me to the screen calibration and after I click all 5points in starts all over again, ideas?

did you try a hard reset ?

did you try a hard reset ?

Yeah tried that and also if you leave the mobile alone for say 5 minutes the screen goes black and the only way to see it is to remove battery and restart phone.

Guest gheorghe vasile

that means you have problem with your screen. the screen have dead zone the corner's like in my case and you should try to reflash with a rom who have the calibration setings already made.

Well....you probably have issues with your touchscreen. The fastest solution to that is to open Notepad and save a blank file with the name Welcome.not (be sure to select "save as type" All files) and then just put in the root of your Omnia. Soft reset and it should do it. Worked great for me when I dropped my Omnia and damaged the touchscreen.

UPDATE: If it also freezes when it goes in stand-by ...I would suggest to also try to re-flash your phone. Anyway....the Welcome.not solution is working either way.If you need further assistance you can always PM me.

Edited by Catani

Guest gusguts44
Well....you probably have issues with your touchscreen. The fastest solution to that is to open Notepad and save a blank file with the name Welcome.not (be sure to select "save as type" All files) and then just put in the root of your Omnia. Soft reset and it should do it. Worked great for me when I dropped my Omnia and damaged the touchscreen.

UPDATE: If it also freezes when it goes in stand-by ...I would suggest to also try to re-flash your phone. Anyway....the Welcome.not solution is working either way.If you need further assistance you can always PM me.

when you say root do you mean anywhere in the windows folder ?

when you say root do you mean anywhere in the windows folder ?

No...You click on "My Windows Mobile-Based Device " icon. That's the root. You should have "My Storage" "My Documents" "Application Data" and all those other icons.

Hi

I had the same problem but somewhere in another forum i found a solution .

here it is :

1 - Download CeRegEditor " it's a free registry editor works from your pc "

2 - install it on your PC " by the way it reads the registry even if your phone was stuck on the screen calibration at start up "

3 - Connect your phone to your PC via the USB Cable . and Open the Program you just installed

4- Navigate to Connection Menu --> Connect " do it after your active sync shows you that your phone is connected "

5 - Then in the Registry Menu Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH

6 - Change " MaxCalError " value From 7 to 200

7- then Algin your align your screen it should be working 100% from the 1st time

Hi

here it is :

2 - install it on your PC " by the way it reads the registry even if your phone was stuck on the screen calibration at start up "

3 - Connect your phone to your PC via the USB Cable . and Open the Program you just installed

4- Navigate to Connection Menu --> Connect " do it after your active sync shows you that your phone is connected "

5 - Then in the Registry Menu Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH

7- then Algin your align your screen it should be working 100% from the 1st time

Unfortunately...it doesn't work for everyone. Your solution works for those who have minor issues with the touchscreen. I tried everything including your solution when I dropped my Omnia and the only thing that actually worked was the "Welcome.not" file that actually skips the whole allignment process. Anyway...guess in theory both solutions should work if anyone has this problem. It all depends on how serious the problem is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sivaspor
fit a new Touch Screen Digitizer you can find them cheap from ebay ..

if your from the UK here is a link ! you can find them from HongKong but takes 2 get the item !

Touch Screen Digitizer UK

Thanks buddy,

I had same problem and I bought what you suggest from ebay and you know what.

I don't know my Omnia anymore.

It's rarely amazing.

This digitizer better than oem version.

If anyone has screen problem, then try to replace screen digitzer.

It isn't expensive, just 11 eur + shipping cost.

Thanks again.

Edited by sivaspor

Guest ansh_xaviers

just create a blank text document file...rename as welcome.not ( and not as welcome.not.txt ) and save this file in ur mmc, now format ur phone there wont be any screen calibration problem.

Guest Naad.daan

My Omnia has sometimes the screen calibration loop as well.

But my main problem with the screen is that it has a kind of dead spot between mid and top where i really have to push very hard to get any input.

My phone is from july, so should it be replaced by warranty? (i'm from the Netherlands btw) Or should i just buy this digitizer?

Thanks a lot for the link on ebay and the other tips!

Guest sivaspor
My Omnia has sometimes the screen calibration loop as well.

But my main problem with the screen is that it has a kind of dead spot between mid and top where i really have to push very hard to get any input.

My phone is from july, so should it be replaced by warranty? (i'm from the Netherlands btw) Or should i just buy this digitizer?

Thanks a lot for the link on ebay and the other tips!

But my main problem with the screen is that it has a kind of dead spot between mid and top

Answer 1

If you mean a bright light on middel of the screen?

Then yes, I have it too.

Most of t-mobile omina models have it.

I think it is a fabrication problem and there is no replacement or repairing procedure for that.

Answer 2

You need special warranty for free repair ( by seller or provider )

If you don't have then,

I suggest you to buy a new digitizer,

I'm from Netherlands too and shipping cost is only 2 Eur.

But you must be carefull while replacing the digitizer.

Edited by sivaspor

Guys,

Samsung Omnia has a typical problem with the touchscreen. It seems to impact the majority of the phones, so Samsung should do a recall and change the touchscreen. The problem is that the upper left area gets completely useless and it doesn't matter if you edit the registry, it stays the same. If it has not died completely, the tricks enlisted above may improve the situation, but eventually the touchscreen will die.

The bad news: you can not do anything software related to fix it.

The good news: you can get a replacement screen for approximately 15 USD on ebay. What you need is the touchscreen, not the LCD panel! Search youtube for repair videos, there is plenty.

If you want to get through the screen alignment stage, here is what I recommend: when the calibration starts, simply push the on/off button, to send the device to standby mode. When you push it again, the calibration screen is gone. No need for txt files.

Guest Naad.daan

Answer 1

If you mean a bright light on middel of the screen?

No it's not a bright spot or anything, just a place where the touchscreen is less responsive (read: hardly responsive).

But you have factory warranty on every product you buy if i'm correct (at least in NL).

Maybe i'll change the touchscreen, but first i will have to replace the lcd of my macbook pro, so i'll get some practice haha

Thanks

No it's not a bright spot or anything, just a place where the touchscreen is less responsive (read: hardly responsive).

But you have factory warranty on every product you buy if i'm correct (at least in NL).

Maybe i'll change the touchscreen, but first i will have to replace the lcd of my macbook pro, so i'll get some practice haha

Thanks

Seriously? Changing the touch screen of your Omnia take about 4 to 5 minutes max while changing the lcd of your macbook pro is a hell of a lot harder than that. :) Basically with your Omnia is if your not too rough with it :)you can't really damage anything (unlike your Mac).

Forgot to mention....Even though the Welcome.not solution was working for me....indeed I did have to change the touchscreen a couple of days later. Fortunately I paid 6 Euros on Ebay for a new one. No biggie

Edited by Catani

Guest sinancetinkaya

Try to import this file by using ceregeditor and softreset, I hope it helps

Apparently, you need to change your touch digitizer

touch.rar

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest Compuse

just try to get 1 MM of the center you have to push and increasing it until you find it(1mm upwards but also lateron downwards and sidewards) could be time-consuming but logical! :)

Still, if it ever happens again, you'll have to same problem( if you hardreset the phone), .. rather go for an other ROM instead!

• 11 months later...
Guest billboo
Hi

here it is :

Brilliant, certains roms that look great get you stuck in a loop, you have saved me ....... CHEERS

• 2 months later...
Guest B3ll4my
Hi

here it is :

THANK YOU man, you have solved my horrible loop problem!

Great job!