How to change Group of new contacts

Guest tomdotcom

Guest tomdotcom

I noticed that on my old HTC Magic (running HERO ROM) I could manipulate and change the "Group" of a newly created contact.

On my new Liquid, it defaults to BUSINESS. How can this be changed? Driving me crazy

Guest three_pineapples

Open contacts. Hit the menu key. Hit display group. Select the group you want :)

Remember, hitting the menu key will give you options in most programs you had no idea existed B)

P.S. the menu key is the one with 4 parallel lines ;)

Guest tomdotcom

You're misunderstood. But thanks for the reply

I meant assigning the GROUP of the actual contact. This was possible upon creation of a new contact on the HERO and when you edit contact.

Guest three_pineapples

ah sorry!

When you create a contact, it will be put in the group you currently have displayed. Unfortunately i don't know if it possible to then copy/move it to another group without using a google website (eg gmail on your computer, though i imagine there might be some form of contact management website for phones too, but i don't know)

ah sorry!

When you create a contact, it will be put in the group you currently have displayed. Unfortunately i don't know if it possible to then copy/move it to another group without using a google website (eg gmail on your computer, though i imagine there might be some form of contact management website for phones too, but i don't know)

I looked for this feature for a while then decided to edit via gmail account.

I'm also looking for a more convenient solution...