Tg01 freeze on programs installed on sd

Guest ultrakorne

Guest paroariax
hi

it does seem that for programs installed on the sd card, it is the shortcut which causes the program to hang. a workaround for this is to create a new shortcut for the program via file explorer, then put this shortcut in the windows/start menu/programs folder. i have done this for copilot and it hasnt caused a hang/freeze once since.

Does the new shortcut you created still work after a reboot? And does it still display the application icon properly after a reboot?

Guest paroariax

Does the new shortcut you created still work after a reboot? And does it still display the application icon properly after a reboot?

I just tried that. The shortcuts seem to work ok after a reboot, but the icons still appear as white on the Orange homescreen. Annoying, but there may be a way around it using one of those shortcut editing apps I mentioned earlier.

Guest eegah
I've updated mine too and so far I can even open the GB Road Atlas (137MB) ok, and that's with SPB installed and after the phones been running all morning opening different apps etc. So it does look promising.

Thanks for the info re GPS Gate and Memory Map, I put your settings in and it does work ok without GPS Gate, nice one. However mine is still knackered when it comes to the GPS randomly disconnecting, both TomTom and iGO now seem to be worse than they were before the update. I just can't win with this phone.

Do you download internal GPS Data at all, if not try that it may help. Select START,SETTINGS,SYSTEM,INTERNAL GPS, and select DOWNLOAD sometimes it takes a few tries. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this is the AGPS, worth trying.

Guest kevinpwhite
Do you download internal GPS Data at all, if not try that it may help. Select START,SETTINGS,SYSTEM,INTERNAL GPS, and select DOWNLOAD sometimes it takes a few tries. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this is the AGPS, worth trying.

You are correct - the 'internal' GPS is the AGPS - bit of a misnomer really, as is purely based on triangulation off the cell sites rather than GPS in the accepted sense (ie constellation of satellites). But it does provide a useful second string to the location functionality :-)

Regards,

Kevin

Guest paroariax
You are correct - the 'internal' GPS is the AGPS - bit of a misnomer really, as is purely based on triangulation off the cell sites rather than GPS in the accepted sense (ie constellation of satellites). But it does provide a useful second string to the location functionality :-)

Regards,

Kevin

Can you 2 please take that stuff to a new thread. Its completely off-topic on this thread.

Guest paroariax

I just tried that. The shortcuts seem to work ok after a reboot, but the icons still appear as white on the Orange homescreen. Annoying, but there may be a way around it using one of those shortcut editing apps I mentioned earlier.

CORRECTION: It seems I was wrong about it working - IT DOESN'T. The shortcuts still work fine after a soft reset, but after the phone has been on stand-by for a few minutes the shortcuts break again. Frankly I think this is a major issue as it effectively prevents you from installing and using apps on the SD card. I'm really suprised there aren't more people complaining about this.

Guest richchestmat

I have a class 6 Sandisk Ultra II. It's not the best on the market but it's also a grade or two above the basic. So no I doubt a 'better' card will resolve this.

• 3 months later...
Guest jazjaz92
hi, i have bought this device some weeks ago, and upgraded to wm 6.5 from toshiba website.

i m using the default 8gb sd, and seems to work fine (copyng, reading videos, pics, music, large files) with no problems, and i also check with "flash format" program, and seems not corrupted.

anyway when i install programs on sd (i tryed many, google maps, some resco`s sw, and many others). first time they work fine, then after some times i run the programs (usually 5-6, sometimes the second time), device hangs on loading for 5+ minuts, then it runs as nothing were launched, and with no errors (and sometimes device turn off).

if i install the same program on the device rom, all works fine and flawless, if i reinstall on sd, it works first time, then maybe after some suspend, it hangs again for minuts.

i dont know what my problem could be, i need tips on what to check.

this issue appers just after i bought the phone, (i didnt try wm 6.1, so i donw know if its a 6.5 issue)

working with files, video (also large videos 500+mb) is ok, no problems, no hangs up.

i had a simlar problem to you a master reset solved my problem

• 3 months later...