the method comes from this forum: forum.telefonino.net
and was posted by user: Ringhiox
So basically this is translated and corrected version. (Ther's a mistake in original content which I had to discover to make it work)
In order to change content of samsung today plugin you need:
1. anything that edits .dll files e.g. look for PE Explorer (commercial)
2. MS visual basic -> http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/default.aspx
3. this package http://www.mediafire.com/?q2nfiynzyiw
Install all software needed.
1.Open .dll file with PE explorer.
2.For changing pictures open TodayContainerRC.dll and choose "resources" icon from the icon bar.
3.Browse through pictures.. you can do some things rightclicking mouse button as "save as" - to edit & change or just swap resources.
When you're swapping a window opens which is divided into two Then you just gove tha path to the file that is to replace the original one.
4. After applying all changes Save with the same name. The program will autocreate samenamefile(1).bak - a kind of safety copy.
Remember to use graphics with the same size(dimentions) as original files.
Now the file is ready but when you look at certificates section in PE explorer, you'll se a red excamation mark. You can also see that the file size and certified size are diferent. We need to fix it.
Wee need the other 2 programs.
1. First copy content of the security.zip\security\sign\* to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\Bin
2. Then open Security Configuration Manager, click File/Sign File/Normal Development Certificate
3. Browse for the file, remember to choose "see all files" (*.*) & choose your modified file
4. Click and observe the dos box, it should print a message it's certified.
!!! if it shows you an error it's probably due the version mismatch. change the name of the folder Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 to whatever it reports in eror line. AFAIK it was Microsoft Visual Studio 8 that did the trick for me.
To make sure it's certified open it in PE explorer again and check the certificate, size should match and no exclamation mark should be present.
Phone swapping part
Now you're ready to swap files in your phone.
1. Change mode to "life".
2. Swap file using Total Commander (copy it e.g from My storage directly to /Windows)
3. Change to "work" again.
4. Windows asks you whether use the file or not, choose yes.
It worked for me. It should work for you. Remember to backup! Ask if you're not sure!
Trying to work some more I found the place the plugin keeps the rest of gfx. So the full set of files for samsung toadys seems to be:
TodayContainerRC.dll - usu. background gfx
DefaultPlugInsRC.dll - pictures gfx, widget's icons etc.
Ther's just one picutre when it comes to the soooo missed weather plugin, and a few weather widget icons.
So it seems samsung had it just for showing and resigned halfway through.
So for compensating you the lack of W. plugin, a picture for you [;
PNG_220.png 62.55KB 351 downloads
my work over this plugin continues so stay tuned for more news
Edited by .:stn:., 04 January 2010 - 10:48 PM.