"Battery Usage" weirdness

Guest thenext1

Guest Uberadri

Is anyone else experiencing very high "Cell standby" drain?

My stats ca:

Cell standby 25-33% (never ever below 25%!)

Phone idle 25-33%

Wi-Fi 20-33%

Display 3-10%

Android system 2-4%

Guest sss_ddk

Practically all of us. Here is mine (Phone set on EDGE not 3G, practically on standby for the last 5 hours)

Cell standby: 41%

Android System 31%

Phone Idle 21% (SetCPU working with a 245 Mhz speed when standby)

Dialer 6% (made a couple of short short phone calls)

Display 2% (played a bit with the phone five hours ago, with brightness set to 8%

Is anyone else experiencing very high "Cell standby" drain?

My stats ca:

Cell standby 25-33% (never ever below 25%!)

Phone idle 25-33%

Wi-Fi 20-33%

Display 3-10%

Android system 2-4%

Practically all of us. Here is mine (Phone set on EDGE not 3G, practically on standby for the last 5 hours)

Cell standby: 41%

Android System 31%

Phone Idle 21% (SetCPU working with a 245 Mhz speed when standby)

Dialer 6% (made a couple of short short phone calls)

Display 2% (played a bit with the phone five hours ago, with brightness set to 8%

Is there meanwhile any improvment with the leaked or custom ROMs in regards to battery lifetime? I don't see this topic discussed anymore. All the great new ROMs (with improved battery performance) announced by Paul didn't show up yet. Meanwhile I passed my Liquid (1.002.05 EMEA GEN1) to my wife. Actually she doesn't use it at all, nevertheless the battery is empty within less then 24h, and she complains heavily :) So will sell it soon if no improvment on the way.

Personally I use a Nexus One now, and it last about 2 full days, including "using" it B) More than expected.

Edited by Zonk76

Guest three_pineapples
Is there meanwhile any improvment with the leaked or custom ROMs in regards to battery lifetime? I don't see this topic discussed anymore. All the great new ROMs (with improved battery performance) announced by Paul didn't show up yet. Meanwhile I passed my Liquid (1.002.05 EMEA GEN1) to my wife. Actually she doesn't use it at all, nevertheless the battery is empty within less then 24h, and she complains heavily :) So will sell it soon if no improvment on the way.

Personally I use a Nexus One now, and it last about 2 full days, including "using" it B) More than expected.

1.008.00 EMEA Rom reportedly has improved battery life and the touch sensitivity is much better (especially on edges). People are saying that 2.000.05 AAP is also much better, but that isn't an EMEA (European) Rom.

That said, i have my liquid on 1.002.05 lasting more than 2 days with sparodic usage (as in a chat on google talk, read some emails, browse the web a bit, and have it on 3G constantly). So i think it's entirely possible if you follow some steps in here you may get improved battery life.

eg. wifi kills the battery fast

stop unwanted processes with a task killer

disable proximity sensor

reboot phone if its draining faster than it should (this is VERY important. The other day my phone decided that it would drain in 24 hours when it usually doesn't. I charged it up without turning off, same thing. Rebooted the phone and charged it up and it lasted over 2 days).

Guest lucian785
Guys, where do you disable the proximity sensor from? :)

Ciao! Settings - Call settings - Advanced settings - Set p-sensor sensitivity - off

Edited by lucian785