MCR with 2.73.405.66 is coming

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that MCR 3.1 based on 2.73.405.66 will be coming early next week once i'm back online after the Christmas break. :)

P

hi paul gr8 news!!

i am back to 2.8!!

it is the best rom ever

i think teknologist kernel is the problem here( sorry no offfends). that is the addition to new versions. many people are saying that rom feels laggy after sometime & reboot is necessary.

tekno i am really sorry urs is gr8 work, but should pay attention to this sluggish problem!!

hi paul gr8 news!!

i am back to 2.8!!

it is the best rom ever

i think teknologist kernel is the problem here( sorry no offfends). that is the addition to new versions. many people are saying that rom feels laggy after sometime & reboot is necessary.

tekno i am really sorry urs is gr8 work, but should pay attention to this sluggish problem!!

With 3.0, I have no problem with my phone being sluggish and I never have had to reboot my phone.

As a result, I am curious whether people who are rebooting it, actually have more than just a feeling of 'lagginess'.

hi paul gr8 news!!

i am back to 2.8!!

it is the best rom ever

Wrong.

Guest starfarer
Planned for future releases

Backup solution in ROM

Investigate Chinese Pinyin input in CIME

Mail widget delete button fix (maybe)

Web server running on device for remote access

FLAC support

BT OBEX support

:) Any interesting changes??

Wrong.

may be i am wrong! it was my personal opinion.

Great News Paul!! Can't wait.. I love updates :)

@dr_ysp: do you have kernel build 1.91 or 1.9 that came with MCR 3.0? I really think it's a improvement!

i was on mcr 3.0 with 1.9 included in it. then i updated 1.91. immediate change was not noticeable but phone became too much sluggish with time. then i came across many people complaining same thing. if last few posts are to be seen many people have reported this problem after 2.8 nobody did. it is continuaous if u read entire thread u can check it.

again i am "noob" in this matters. so i may be wrong. if i have offended someone i am again sorry!!

may be i am wrong! it was my personal opinion.

i was on mcr 3.0 with 1.9 included in it. then i updated 1.91. immediate change was not noticeable but phone became too much sluggish with time. then i came across many people complaining same thing. if last few posts are to be seen many people have reported this problem after 2.8 nobody did. it is continuaous if u read entire thread u can check it.

again i am "noob" in this matters. so i may be wrong. if i have offended someone i am again sorry!!

Sorry. I just thought that you saying "tekno i am really sorry urs is gr8 work, but should pay attention to this sluggish problem!!" was a bit patronising and rude given the superb work I feel Teknologist has done for our phones.

Do try 1.91, as I feel it's another significant improvement, on top of all the great experimentation and work that he and Paul have already done.

Guest Dan Mullen
Personally I will not run ramzswap again. It was NOT an improvement on MY machine. Perfomance was very noticeably affected.

I have to say that has been my experience too - no idea why. That's not to say I don't appreciate teknologist's work - I think he's doing a cracking job. This feedback could move us a step in the right direction towards the perfect ROM/kernel combination :)

Guest PhonePersona
Just a heads up that MCR 3.1 based on 2.73.405.66 will be coming early next week once i'm back online after the Christmas break. :)

P

Sorry.

Still a N00b!

What exactly does this mean for users of MCR?

Thanks.

Kendon dude it might not contain new widgets it didn't come from the main man, kamillo said it as a question I think not as a heads up.

Kendon is saying that the problems people have been having with the HTC widgets on the Market and release keys will be resolved with this ROM.

Guest PhonePersona
It means an updated ROM from MCR 3.0 ;)

Nobody likes a smart ass! :)

I figured the 'New ROM' part myself, thank you very much.

What I specifically wanted to know was what new enhancements (if any) would be gained by using the aforementioned build as opposed to what's currently being used.

Iv been playing with which will be the base for MCR 3.1 for the past few days. It seems a more refined and optimised, boot time is faster, no apparent slowdown issues yet. This does include Teks 1.91 kernel aswell. Also HTC widgets work but these did work if you did a wipe on MCR3.0.

I do believe that this will be one of or if not the last cupcake roms we will see, but it will definitely do till the flan build arrives (which will hopefully be very soon after new year!!!!)

Guest PhonePersona
Iv been playing with which will be the base for MCR 3.1 for the past few days. It seems a more refined and optimised, boot time is faster, no apparent slowdown issues yet. This does include Teks 1.91 kernel aswell. Also HTC widgets work but these did work if you did a wipe on MCR3.0.

I do believe that this will be one of or if not the last cupcake roms we will see, but it will definitely do till the flan build arrives (which will hopefully be very soon after new year!!!!)

I was hoping for a Christmas Flan surprise from Paul, actually.

Damn those HTC peeps for their slowness in releasing the 'sense-itized' version of 2.1

I was hoping for a Christmas Flan surprise from Paul, actually.

Damn those HTC peeps for their slowness in releasing the 'sense-itized' version of 2.1

Dont think there is anything stable enough to base a custom rom from yet.

Kendon dude it might not contain new widgets it didn't come from the main man, kamillo said it as a question I think not as a heads up.

it most certainly will not contain the new widgets, but you can install the new widgets from the market, which was not possible if you did a fresh install of mcr3.0 because it was based on test keys. i answered kamillos question and thanked PAUL for the heads up.

i agree on this one :)