Simple start the application. If you see the "Calibration Screen" then do what it says, rotate your phone in the 3 axis with full circles. If you away from any electronic and magnetic interference, the calibration takes 3-5 seconds. If you can't wait to complete the process, you can skip it, but then the compass may not be accurate.
To use you need to install the .NET Compact Framework 3.5!
It works on these devices:
- Samsung Omnia 2 (i8000)
- Samsung Omnia 2 (i920)
- Omnia Pro (B7610)
- WM6.1 & WM6.5 & WM6.5.3
Samsung SDK in the installer changed to 2.2 therefore theoretically works on these 2 devices too:
- SCH-M710/715 T*Omnia II
- SPH-M7350 Oz Omnia
FAQ in Post #324
Themes in Post #325
You can create your own Compass and page skins:
0. Download the 3.3 SDK file from here.
1. In this, you can find everything what you need to know to create your own compass skin and page backgrounds or full theme.
2. The PSD files are the samples. To the compass creation, you found a Tutorial document with screenshots in the Compass folder. With that, you can create it easily.
3. In every folder in this compressed file you found a Folder.txt. This contain the appropriate folder where you need to put your own skins.
4. The program automatically put the new skin to the list of skins in the Skins page.
6. Upload it somewhere and share with us!
Changes in V3.31 (04/06/2010):
- New theme selection mode. Now the changing is not works page by page, just at once. When you change a theme, everything is changing (buttons, backgrounds, checkboxes, etc.)
- Settings now saved to the registry
- New icons
- The Themes structure now is the following:
- Installation directory\Themes\Theme's name\
- DestBack.jpg - Destination's background
- DetectorBack.jpg - Metal detector background
- DetectorBar.jpg - Metal detector's progressbar
- LevelBack.jpg - Spirit level's background
- LightSensorBack.jpg - LightSensor's background
- OptionsBack.jpg - background of Options
- 0-180.jpg - the compass
- Background.jpg - bacgkround of the compass
- bubblehoriz.jpg - Spirit level's bubble (horizontal)
- bubblevert.jpg - Spirit level's bubble (vertical)
- horizontal.jpg - Horizontal center marker
- vertical.jpg - Vertical center marker
- checked.jpg - checked checkbox
- unchecked.jpg - unchecked checkbox
- Added: Light Sensor
- Added: Saveable destinations list
- Added: Decimal minutes coordinate format
- Added: "Add current location to the list" button
- Skin changing method changed. Now skin can changeable with up-down finger sliding
- Memory usage cut down to the possibly minimal. On average usage it's 3-4MB.
- Copy-Paste-Clear context menu added to the coordinate input fields
- minor and bigger bugfixes
Changes in V3.21 (13/02/2010):
- Added: Main menu - Options / Skins / Minimize / Exit - Thx the idea to Alex.Shastov
- At minimized state, the app doesn't eat any CPU time (just the GPS stays on, if it's on).
- Minor bugfixes
Changes in V3.2 (12/02/2010):
- Added: GPS turn on/off option
- Added: Decimal / Sexagesimal coordinates format support
- Added: Changeable Metal detector background and progressbar
- Waypoint changed to Destination
- Minor bugfixes
Changes in V3.1 (06/02/2010):
- Added: GPS coordinates (decimal), waypoint (decimal), altitude, speed and GPS signal strength writeouts
- Added: spirit level
- Added: metal detector
- Added: options and skins page
- Added: skinnable compass and pages, easy skin changing
- Added: command line parameter to start the flashlight alone (-flash)
- The calibration screen appears when the accuracy go down below 100%
- Haptic feedback
- Keeps the backlight on
- Minor bugfixes
Changes in V2.0 (31/12/2009):
- The FlashLight function works properly
(Current version: 1.2)
I'm also created a separate application to run just the flahlight. That's the O2Flash. You can download it from
here. The O2Flash are integrated to the O2Compass installer, but if you need it alone...
Changes in V1.2:
- The flash does not turn off when you switch off the screen. (THX to NetRipper)
Changes in V1.1:
- The application does not let the phone to sleep, so the flash doesn't turn off when the screens turn off.
Special thanx to the donors:
€2 + €2 - Eleftherios K. - my very first donor, thank you
€5 - David L. - thank you
€10 - Miguel Arranz S. - thank you
€6.99 + €7.34- dwallersv - thank you
€5 - Pető G. - thank you
€6 - skoda60 - thank you
€10 - tbturker - thanks
€5 - Daniele T. - thanx
€5 - rbean - Thank you
To do list (no priority order at all):
- integrated Google Maps
- Beep sound for Metal detector
- Port the whole project to OpenGL ES
Edited by Rapid81, 11 January 2011 - 11:16 AM.