O2Compass and O2Flash

I was uploaded the 2.0 version. See the #1 post!

Happy New Year for you guys!

See you next year. I will working on the program in 2010 too. The "to do" list is full. :)

i must report 1.1 worked perfectly...

uninstalled it... installed 2.0.... calibrated, but flash doesnt work..

Guest whiskeybro
It's working for me and I tried it in IE at the first time. I'll find an other upload site too. :)

thanks i tried firefox too ...The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy

i ll try it later

But This Compass Looks great

Thanks for your hard work and sharing ;)

Guest Rapid81
Compass works like a charm ... but flash stopped working in v 2.0

Did you uninstalled the SDK 2.0?

What's your firmware's number?

I have IL3. Both features works like charm.

Update:

Now the flashlight doesnt't works for me too. I think I missed something. :)

Update 2:

I HAVE IT! Just a few more minutes. ;)

Edited by Rapid81

Compass works like a charm ... but flash stopped working in v 2.0

like he said... compass is a charm but flashlight wont start... i tried soft reset.. nothing..

btw 2.0 compass looks very cool.... so cool i didnt bother making background :)

Guest Rapid81
like he said... compass is a charm but flashlight wont start... i tried soft reset.. nothing..

btw 2.0 compass looks very cool.... so cool i didnt bother making background :)

I fixed it. See at the #1 post or download it from here.

Sorry guys. The rush of the New Year's Eve. ;)

Have a great party tonight!

Edited by Rapid81

Thanks Rapid81, I had trouble completing the calibration and eventually pressed skip, is there any way to go back to the calibration screen?

I haven't tried the compass in my car windscreen mount yet but will it still give a correct reading at a more upright angle? Thinking along these lines it occurred to me that a view of the compass like the ones you get for your dashboard which are like a ball in a fluid which can spin freely in any axis would be cool.

Happy New Year to you too.:)

Guest Rapid81
Thanks Rapid81, I had trouble completing the calibration and eventually pressed skip, is there any way to go back to the calibration screen?

I haven't tried the compass in my car windscreen mount yet but will it still give a correct reading at a more upright angle? Thinking along these lines it occurred to me that a view of the compass like the ones you get for your dashboard which are like a ball in a fluid which can spin freely in any axis would be cool.

Happy New Year to you too. :)

Until you not complete the calibration (or after a soft reset) it will appear at start.

The bubble compass is a little bit difficult. ;) But I'm thinking about it.

I think and that's what I experienced, the compass only works correctly when the phone is near or in level position.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest dwallersv
Until you not complete the calibration (or after a soft reset) it will appear at start.

The bubble compass is a little bit difficult. :) But I'm thinking about it.

I think and that's what I experienced, the compass only works correctly when the phone is near or in level position.

Uh, yes it does, and this is one of the very cool things about the O2 -- it uses both the fluxgate data and accelerometer 3D orientation data to compensate and make the compass pretty accurate over a wide range of device positions -- it does not need to be perfectly flat for a good reading.

I've done some extensive testing with the O2 and a Garmin eTrex Vista (which also has a fluxgate compass), and there is no question the O2 is compensating for orientation.

The upshot of this is that it makes the O2 an actually useful compass. Put together compass, 3D orientation, GPS, the camera, and a POI/mapping database, and some totally awesome augmented reality stuff can be done. HyongSoft -- the Omniano-no-Piano-Concert guy -- is doing just this, and has been saying he will release this app shortly. I can't wait.

Guest .:stn:.

is there a newer version or a change in 1.1? cos it seems I missed something.

one more isue with b7610[pro] and not working flashlight, I noticed that when I run compass, then turn it off. Without using flashlight. The flashlight activates itself when I'm trying to make a call! Weird [;

Guest Rapid81
is there a newer version or a change in 1.1? cos it seems I missed something.

one more isue with b7610[pro] and not working flashlight, I noticed that when I run compass, then turn it off. Without using flashlight. The flashlight activates itself when I'm trying to make a call! Weird [;

This is a whole new app, programmed in Visual Basic. The 1.1 was programmed in VC++.

You really close the app or just minimize it?

Guest dickdick

thank you~it is so great~

i'm using WM6.5.3, two questions

1. the light cannot turn on by the program

2. how to draw "8" horizontally or vertically??

THX~finally there is a great compass~

Guest Rapid81
thank you~it is so great~

i'm using WM6.5.3, two questions

1. the light cannot turn on by the program

2. how to draw "8" horizontally or vertically??

THX~finally there is a great compass~

1. Maybe the WM version is the problem. I have simple 6.5 and works fine. What version do you have? I uploaded a wrong version. It was available at 12:30-14:00. Try to download it again.

2. horizontally. :)

Edited by Rapid81

Nice work, keep it up. :)

For next version, I would like to request if it is possible to work with gps for detecting location where user can add gps location and use the compass to guide them to the location. This will help a lot due to gps software on windows mobile does not link with our built in compass to show actual screen rotation like the google street view in android.

Sample of commercial app release for iphone and android base on compass application http://www.islamiccompass.com/index.php , I just wish they have added windows mobile but I see that your application are quite similar except for the gps to determine location and in this case it will help the muslim to determine direction of prayer based on the gps location and I believe for other uses as well like off road and jungle tracking.

Guest Rapid81
Nice work, keep it up. :)

For next version, I would like to request if it is possible to work with gps for detecting location where user can add gps location and use the compass to guide them to the location. This will help a lot due to gps software on windows mobile does not link with our built in compass to show actual screen rotation like the google street view in android.

Sample of commercial app release for iphone and android base on compass application http://www.islamiccompass.com/index.php , I just wish they have added windows mobile but I see that your application are quite similar except for the gps to determine location and in this case it will help the muslim to determine direction of prayer based on the gps location and I believe for other uses as well like off road and jungle tracking.

I'm thinking about to add gps location writeouts to the app and maybe the thing you mentioned. But first I need to read more about the gps coordinates stuff to make it work well.

Guest dickdick
1. Maybe the WM version is the problem. I have simple 6.5 and works fine. What version do you have? I uploaded a wrong version. It was available at 12:30-14:00. Try to download it again.

2. horizontally. :)

THX~

i have download a new one and try it later

that means just put the phone on desk and draw "8" ??

I tried the new one, work prefect~ you are so great~

Edited by dickdick

Guest Rapid81
THX~

i have download a new one and try it later

that means just put the phone on desk and draw "8" ??

I tried the new one, work prefect~ you are so great~

Not draw 8, shake the phone in an 8 shape motion.

Hi Rapid81....

....How about adding a "ToDo" list somewhere in your first post, just to stop folks from making repeat requests and to let us happy users know what goodies you have in mind for us.:)