08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One

Guest PaulOBrien

• 1 month later...
Guest Johnny Washngo

Hi,

Just tried the FR83D boot img which looks like it worked, after running the shell script my phone rebooted, but now my wifi is not working just saying 'Error' :D

Anybody know what may have gone wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marvin13

I'm just doing re-rooted my nexus one with the frg83 packaging. It will works fine :lol:

I wait with eager android 2.3 !! ;P

Marvin, (sorry for my english :)).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Psicotix
how about FRG83G ? It seems not effect on my N1.

I was wondering the same - has anyone used the FRG83 root available here with a FRG83G N1 successfully? Just about to try so will let you know if I'm left with a strangely behaving brick!

EDIT:

Hmm, didn't appear to work. Ended up going via the SuperOneClick.exe method on xda. There were no brick like qualities after using Paul's files though :D

Edited by Psicotix

I was wondering the same - has anyone used the FRG83 root available here with a FRG83G N1 successfully? Just about to try so will let you know if I'm left with a strangely behaving brick!

EDIT:

Hmm, didn't appear to work. Ended up going via the SuperOneClick.exe method on xda. There were no brick like qualities after using Paul's files though :D

I seemed to have rooted FRG83G successfully with the FRG83 Superboot, but after the root the whole thing acts weird ... All applications are in older versions, including Market which isn't finding apps properly. I also have problems using it as an ADB unit, which prevents me from flashing ROMs ... So, to sum up, this piece of crap semi-bricked my phone. FML.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asero

Thanks paul!

This has been my rooting tool up to 2.2.2 and never had a problem with this whatsoever.

I just hope the superboot for gingerbread will be available soon.

Guest Khaled Elkhawaga

I'm having problems with Superboot for GRI40, I'm running stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 (with stock recovery), I successfully unlocked the bootloader, my device shows up using the fastboot devices command (adb devices returns nothing under bootloader mode)

I get the following error when I try to use Superboot:

downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED <status read failed <Too many links>>

I'm running Windows 7 x64, any ideas?

Edited by Khaled Elkhawaga

Guest stevesa

I installed the Superboot as in Pauls first post. I cant use ADB to save myself but I did as it says and worked. Rooted Nexus once again. Can run all my apps that need root access. So I'm not sure if you were trying to push the image via ADB but is not needed. Good luck hope you sort it.

Guest Khaled Elkhawaga
I installed the Superboot as in Pauls first post. I cant use ADB to save myself but I did as it says and worked. Rooted Nexus once again. Can run all my apps that need root access. So I'm not sure if you were trying to push the image via ADB but is not needed. Good luck hope you sort it.

I think ADB doesn't work under bootloader mode, I just added that piece of info to help clarify the problem, it's just that everything was supposed to work correctly when I first tried to install Superboot (fastboot detected my device, USB Drivers properly configured, and so on ...)

I did root my Nexus One eventually, and even though I didn't use Superboot to do it, I had a similar problem with fastboot while flashing a custom recovery, so I guess the Superboot problem should be resolved now.

Sometimes it just takes you a couple of days or so, to actually think of using another USB port (they're both working properly though, I don't even know why this resolved my problem) and then everything works :D ...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest petesemail71

Would really appreciate if support for GRJ22 could be added. I had to load GRJ22 on my device and now I am stuck there. Really want to get back to a custom ROM. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest SweJson

Hi.

i also wonder how to do it when it is GRJ22 ?

Shall i downgrade and if so how ? i cant find anything related to GRJ22 on this forum exceept this thread.

/Jörgen

• 1 month later...
Guest modskywalker

Friend, after owning the nexus one for a moment, i would like to become superuser too. But base on the 1st post, the superboot version only support until GRI40 instead of the GRK39F. May I know whether superboot version GRI40 whether is able to run on GRK39K?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest overgara2012

Paul, how could I get the GRK39F superboots?, .. in order to root Nexus One? . (version 2.6.3)

Thanks for your support...,

Edited by overgara2012

• 1 year later...