08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bilidikid

Hi Guys,

A complete beginner question:

I still have the stock ROM, unrooted, completely virgin but installed the latest official update.

I want to enable higmem but I have some concerns:

Which one should I install?

Will I be able to install official updates after?

Thanks a lot

Hi Guys,

A complete beginner question:

I still have the stock ROM, unrooted, completely virgin but installed the latest official update.

I want to enable higmem but I have some concerns:

Which one should I install?

Will I be able to install official updates after?

Thanks a lot

i was in the same boat but, choose not to install highmem just yet as some have had probs, and i rooted with erd27 normal still have stock rom and bootloader, and yes u will still receive up OTA!!

Guest AgentZ619

I'm having problems Rooting my Nexus One and would be extremely greatful if someone could help me.

Here's what I've been doing;

I checked 'about' screen and saw it's ERE27 on my N1.

1) I download Superboot for ERE27 - download MD5: 19d302e1bcb18932f009d2a36a3d688f and extracted it to directory (C:\)

2) Turned off phone then plugged in the USB to the N1 (sound on my Windows 7 confirmed the USB connection was made)

3)I I put my N1 in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then press and hold the trackball to enter the bootloader.

4) I double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat' extracted file on my pc.

BUT then Command Prompt pops up and I get - C:\Users\Bukhtiar\Desktop\1.0-ERE27-nexusone-superboot>fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.ERE27.superboot.img

< waiting for device >

After that nothing happens, please could someone help me.

Many Thanks

Edited by AgentZ619

I'm having problems Rooting my Nexus One and would be extremely greatful if someone could help me.

1) I download Superboot for ERE27 - download MD5: 19d302e1bcb18932f009d2a36a3d688f and extracted it to directory (C:\)

2) Turned off phone then plugged in the USB to the N1 (sound on my Windows 7 confirmed the USB connection was made)

3)I I put my N1 in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then press and hold the trackball to enter the bootloader.

BUT then Command Prompt pops up and I get - C:\Users\Bukhtiar\Desktop\1.0-ERE27-nexusone-superboot>fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.ERE27.superboot.img

< waiting for device >

Many Thanks

did you install the drivers?

they are linked here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...blem-nexus-one/

< waiting for device >

Many Thanks

also, have u made sure you have unlocked your bootloader first!!!

guys are i flash the superboot ere27 and my phone's wi-fi capabilities are dead. how can i solve this problem?

which version is your rom then? (settings -> about phone -> build number).

when using the superboot image, you only replace the kernel, not the wifi drivers.

you can not flash a ere27 kernel over a erd79 rom and expect it to work. select the appropriate version and try again.

which version is your rom then? (settings -> about phone -> build number).

when using the superboot image, you only replace the kernel, not the wifi drivers.

you can not flash a ere27 kernel over a erd79 rom and expect it to work. select the appropriate version and try again.

hi konni, my build is ERE27. but i flashed the ERE36B superboot with himem. so can i just flash it back to ERE27 and my wifi will be good? so sorry to trouble u cuz im a total noob when it comes to android, just got my n1 not long ago.

when i tried to reflash to superboot ERE27 it says in the terminal "ERROR: could not get pipe properties"

Edited by h11g

hi konni, my build is ERE27. but i flashed the ERE36B superboot with himem. so can i just flash it back to ERE27 and my wifi will be good? so sorry to trouble u cuz im a total noob when it comes to android, just got my n1 not long ago.

sounds like that could work :D

could just update all the way to ere36b too... your choice. just don't mix versions like that without knowing exactly what you do.

Edited by xkonni

Guest cwhong13

I had unlocked the N1. But when i ran the install superboot, it just simply skipped the writting procedure then closed. I am using ere27. How could i solved it??

Solved it with manually did it in CMD. But how could i verified that the new rom is already loaded in the phone?

Kernel version is now root@vmware-karmic-x64 #2.

Is it correct?

But the Market Enabler is not working on it.

Edited by cwhong13

Guest techgrrl

i was able to unlock my bootloader but when i tried to use superboot i got the <waiting for device>

I also tried the sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/-51-androidrules and modified that file but i still get the same thing...

when i start the device i get the unlock at the beginning and when i put the device in bootloader it says 'unlocked' at the top...so...am i good?

i was able to unlock my bootloader but when i tried to use superboot i got the <waiting for device>

I also tried the sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/-51-androidrules and modified that file but i still get the same thing...

when i start the device i get the unlock at the beginning and when i put the device in bootloader it says 'unlocked' at the top...so...am i good?

What system are you using to unlock ur n1? If you are using windows have you tried installing the USB drivers first? That might help.

I tried to flash ERE27 superboot to my n1 and i double click on install-superboot-windows.bat after the usual usb debugging turned on. Phone turned off completely and rebooting it in bootloader mode. at the command prompt it says flashboot ok. after i reboot my phone my phone still shows the original kernel. What did i do wrong? typing fastboot devices at the cmd prompt and my pc can detect me n1 well. btw after doing the superboot my kernel version is still "2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2 android-build@apa26#1 "

Edited by h11g

your kernel will be the same as u have not changed your kernel version, all u have done is add superuser permission, also, u dont say if you have unlocked your bootloader, the X with a padlock underneath.

Guest BrumBrum74

Did a Nandroid backup back to ERE36B and lost root. Tried superboot with highmen. After booting up all I get is FCs everywhere.

Do I have to reinstall everything from scratch?

Did a Nandroid backup back to ERE36B and lost root. Tried superboot with highmen. After booting up all I get is FCs everywhere.

Do I have to reinstall everything from scratch?

restore that nandroid backup again.

execute adb shell, you still got root there right?

might be an issue with the permissions of the su-binary.

it needs chmod 4755 if i remember correctly. (6755 on CM5).

in adb shell do

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

Edited by xkonni

Guest Fabio79

Hello.

I'm new in Nexus One (I come from iphone).

And I have a problem.

I try to install superboot himem so I can have the root access.

In first i try to install ERE36B himem but The Superuser permission not work.

I try to reflash the rom and I reflash with ERE36B.

I retry to install superboot himem but same problem.

In windows if I try

ADB Shell and

I give

unable to chmod /system/bin/su : Read-only file

Anyone can help me for make it work?

Thanks

Edited by Fabio79

Hello.

I'm new in Nexus One (I come from iphone).

And I have a problem.

I try to install superboot himem so I can have the root access.

In first i try to install ERE36B himem but The Superuser permission not work.

I try to reflash the rom and I reflash with ERE36B.

I retry to install superboot himem but same problem.

In windows if I try

ADB Shell and

I give

unable to chmod /system/bin/su : Read-only file

Anyone can help me for make it work?

Thanks

Go slow on this :D

When you flash a stock-rom, just put the superboot image for that version of that on top, Paul always provides it.

After that, you have superuser access working fine, no need to chmod anything!

The chmod 'might' be needed when you restore a nandroid backup.

And you can not change anything within /system unless you mount it with read/write permissions first!

I'd suggest you download "ERE36B - update zip format" and "ERE36B - superboot images" from here. Flash them in that order and have a stock-phone with root access.

If you want more customized roms, take a look around in this forum and xda-developers.com, pick one (i can recommend mcr, cm5 and enomthers), depending on which features you want and flash it according to the provided instructions.

Guest Fabio79
Go slow on this :D

When you flash a stock-rom, just put the superboot image for that version of that on top, Paul always provides it.

After that, you have superuser access working fine, no need to chmod anything!

The chmod 'might' be needed when you restore a nandroid backup.

And you can not change anything within /system unless you mount it with read/write permissions first!

I'd suggest you download "ERE36B - update zip format" and "ERE36B - superboot images" from here. Flash them in that order and have a stock-phone with root access.

If you want more customized roms, take a look around in this forum and xda-developers.com, pick one (i can recommend mcr, cm5 and enomthers), depending on which features you want and flash it according to the provided instructions.

I try to use chmod only if spuser not work.

Now I retry to reflash nexus image with ERE36B - image Format afret i install sboot and i try if it work.

I have to install himem version?

Can I flash with ar recovery?

I try to use chmod only if spuser not work.

Now I retry to reflash nexus image with ERE36B - image Format afret i install sboot and i try if it work.

I have to install himem version?

Can I flash with ar recovery?

image format in bootloader, and AFTER that, superboot.

Guest Fabio79
image format in bootloader, and AFTER that, superboot.

Now I try.

Can I use ERE36B - update zip format instead of image format (there are many image to flash)?

After i try superboot and I tell you.

Thanks for the support.

Edit.

Flash done.

Now I try superboot

Edited by Fabio79

Guest Fabio79

All done like instuctions.

Superpermission installed but not work.

It start but It doesn't work.

Where is my error. :D

I try himem.

Now I reflash and I try nohimem.

Anyone can tell me how I can restore all my phone?

I reflash now the update with ar recovery.

Guest Fabio79

I decided to abort.

I try differet way but not result.

I go also in ERD79.

Upgrate to ERE27 and superboot but nothing.

There I can't root my nexus.

Superuser permission doesen't work.

It is installed but he won't work.

I think It need to restore completly the phone (how? I try to flash to ERD79 but also not work).

I think there are some permission problme.

Now I try to root from mac.

Edited by Fabio79