06/01 0.3.1 - Lickonn recovery image

Guest lickonn

Guest Seth Cold
I still cannot get into recovery mode.

All I get is three vibrations using the hardware keypress (VOL DOWN + CAM + POWER)

same happend to me... you have to look back one or two pages, solution is described

Guest Rainman168

It seems that HK ROM was unable to go into recovery mode. I was tired on quickboot and the keys to try to get into recovery but in vain. Howeve, I can go into the recovery after I flash the 1.000.4 rom. I am now happy with it.

Guest trispect

I flashed Lickonn's recovery image and that went okay.

But when I enter recovery mode pressing Power + Camera + Volume down I get following output:

Partition checksum

splash1:chksum =8ba9da08 OK

boot:chksum94d4f2a0 !=0021b670 **fail**

recovery:chksum=13b4a5c8 !=00216b18 **fail**

system:chksum=00000000 != 00000000 **fail**

What went wrong...? :)

EDIT: And I'm using 1.004 "Ru test rom"

EDIT2: SOLVED! I had USB cable plugged in so that caused that problem! lol =)

Edited by trispect

Hey, thank you for the great work..

This is my first android phone, and it was a bit "hard" to give much money for it, so, I'm a little afraid of taking the next step :)

I want to install this recovery image but first I need to ask some questions..

Installing this, will void my garanty right? Like rooting or uprading the firmware, right??

I now that if I backup the current firmware and then restore and unroot it (if i rooted), I can send it for repair if I need it, but what about the recovery image?? How can I restore the original??

I have the phone how I bought, nothing changed, original rom, radio, everything else, so, do I need to change/update something first (rooting for example) ???

Thanks in advance

PS: sorry of my English, I'm portuguese

EDIT: created another topic with part of the question, because I really need someone to awnser me!

Edited by disc0

Guest jjukimo

thanks for sharing. one question:

how to reboot the device to recovery mode while in bootloader mode?

flasboot reboot is just reboot to normal mode

Guest Lorents

I dont think you can go directly from bootloader to recovery. I had to turn the phone off, remove usb and battery, reinsert battery and press volume down, camera and power button until it vibrates three times. After a few seconds it should be in recovery.

Thanks a lot to Lickonn for the recovery image - really nice work!!

Guest TriderG7

Hi, thanks for the recovery it works very well. Very Nice work.

Only a question:

in the bottom area in can always read:"

Build lickonn-liquid-0.3Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(no such file or directory)

Installation failed"

but I don't want to apply any update. What's wrong?

Edited by TriderG7

Guest oldudu76

Hi,

I tried to flash the lickonn recovery img, and tried every time get this message :

Flash write failure

The message on the Liquid Screen is :

sending 'recovery' (4876 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAIL

So, When I want to go in recovery mode, with the key combination,; or via quickboot, I got a black screen and nothing happen ...

Could you help me ?

Thank you very much,

Oldudu76

Edited by oldudu76

Guest zycamaniac

I'm using an Acer Liquid in Taiwan with local firmware/ROM, I managed to flash the Lickonn 0.3.1 recovery image without incident, but I could not enter recovery mode for some reason.

Volume up + Camera + power = 2 vibes and the phone stay blank and does not have any indication of the phone is working.

Volume down + camera + power = 3 vibes and the phone shows Acer, then the Android logo, then it quickly shows Acer logo again and then the Android logo again.

I'm a newbie with Android phone myself, but I just couldn't get it to enter Recovery mode, even quickboot from the marketplace doesn't seem to do the trick. And yes, I did remove the USB cable when trying to get into recovery mode.

Thanks

Guest largo_winzclav
I'm using an Acer Liquid in Taiwan with local firmware/ROM, I managed to flash the Lickonn 0.3.1 recovery image without incident, but I could not enter recovery mode for some reason.

Volume up + Camera + power = 2 vibes and the phone stay blank and does not have any indication of the phone is working.

Volume down + camera + power = 3 vibes and the phone shows Acer, then the Android logo, then it quickly shows Acer logo again and then the Android logo again.

I'm a newbie with Android phone myself, but I just couldn't get it to enter Recovery mode, even quickboot from the marketplace doesn't seem to do the trick. And yes, I did remove the USB cable when trying to get into recovery mode.

Thanks

With the usb cable plugged :) , push Volume up + Camera + Power... It should work like that

Guest zycamaniac
With the usb cable plugged :) , push Volume up + Camera + Power... It should work like that

Not quite, I tried that while letting go of the buttons when I see the Acer logo, and all that did was showing the Acer + Acer Android logo twice, and booted normally.

If I hold onto the button until the first pass of the Acer and Acer Android logo, it will vibrate twice and boot into some mode that I do not quite know. It showed up on my PC as Qualcomm MSM something device.

After some more tries, I think I managed to start recovery mode (waited a few second after the battery logo was running, then hold onto volume down and camera and then press power), but it came up with two error messages.

Partition checksum

splash1: checksum=8b9ada08 OK

Boot: checksum=8f8bbe03 !=00216b70 **fail**

recovery: checksum=12b4a5c8 !=00216b18 **fail**

system: checksum=c50a571f OK

I did more testing, with USB cable on and off, and all I'm getting at is either fast boot or seeing the boot sequence of Acer and Acer Android logo twice, and at best the above checksum message... I flashed it via command line, which reported it was fine, and also tried Seth Cold's batch file, which resulted in exactly the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by zycamaniac

Guest Ricky Lui

Hi Lickonn.

Thanks for your great effort!

I am very satisfied with your ROM. Running smooth! and most important thing, Apps2SD works on your ROM!!!

But I got a little problem.

Please find the attached pic, I got error for all command I entered.

I tried in through both ADB shell (on PC) and with the Better Terminal (on Android), both gave me the same error.

I've also tried on different ROMS, like,

- 1.004.00-EMEA-GEN1

- 1.001.05-AAP-CSL

- 1.008.00 EMEA GEN1

I've also updated on your custom ROM but still no luck...

All gave me the same error~ :)

Do you have any idea to fix that???

Apart from that, I made a CMD file so people can use to partition their SD card size by their wish.

Should be easy to use.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

post-454140-1263269972_thumb.png

sdparted.custom.partition.size.zip

Guest trispect
Hi Lickonn.

Thanks for your great effort!

I am very satisfied with your ROM. Running smooth! and most important thing, Apps2SD works on your ROM!!!

Could you help me with Apps2SD? What is the correct working order and prequisites?

1. Empty sdcard?

2. Make partitions?

3. Move apps to sd?

4.?

5. Profit

(Courtecy of South Park underpants gnomes =)

I made the 3. first steps but after that all widgets said that "cannot load widget". One thing that I thinked that was I too hasty? Would those have worked by just adding them again? I jumped to conclusion that I messed up my system...

Guest oliveroliver

thx for Lickonn share this recovery image

it seems doesn't work on Liquids has tw_ch or hk rom. 1.0005

I tried to it with two differnt machines, either tw_ch or hk rom cannot launch recovery by vol down + cam + pow.

even under android os, quickboot cannot launch to call recovery, either...

Would Lickonn so kind to help us for completely the recovery.img+_+

Guest zycamaniac
thx for Lickonn share this recovery image

it seems doesn't work on Liquids has tw_ch or hk rom. 1.0005

I tried to it with two differnt machines, either tw_ch or hk rom cannot launch recovery by vol down + cam + pow.

even under android os, quickboot cannot launch to call recovery, either...

Would Lickonn so kind to help us for completely the recovery.img+_+

My situation is pretty much identical with my tw_ch (Taiwan/Chinese) version of Acer Liquid. I tried the same button combo on an Acer Liquid that does not have the Lickonn recovery image, and that unit showed an icon that I think mean recovery, but that didn't do much more than showing me that icon.

Anyone got any ideas on what's going on with ROM like that?

Thanks

David

Guest oldudu76
Hi,

I tried to flash the lickonn recovery img, and tried every time get this message :

Flash write failure

The message on the Liquid Screen is :

sending 'recovery' (4876 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAIL

So, When I want to go in recovery mode, with the key combination,; or via quickboot, I got a black screen and nothing happen ...

Could you help me ?

Thank you very much,

Oldudu76

I've reflashed with another recovery, but I can't install Lickonn one ...

Could you help me ?

Thank you very much.

Oldudu76

No idea ?

Guest zycamaniac

I finally was able to get into the recovery mode, it appears that the "alternate superboot root" caused the problem of skipping the recovery mode. I think I'm about 75% certain about that, but I've been doing so much flashing and updating lately, I'm no longer sure what exactly was THE key that caused it to skip over the recovery image.

Thanks!!

Guest Raymond Chen
I finally was able to get into the recovery mode, it appears that the "alternate superboot root" caused the problem of skipping the recovery mode.

Hi zycamaniac,

My rom is same with you,and did not root. I flashed the recovery.img file, pass. But I cannot see the recovery menu after rebooting in recovery mode by command 'adb reboot recovery', just normal rebooting.

Would you please help me?

Thanks,

Raymond

Edited by Raymond Chen

How to get fastboot working with ubuntu? It only says "waiting for device" (using fastboot from pauls superboot)

If you are sure your phone is in bootloader mode (black sreen with a white bar on top), you could try this.

create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules with this single line in it :

for Gusty/Hardy :

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0502", MODE="0666"

for Dapper :

SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0502", MODE="0666"

save the file

chmod a+r /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

/etc/init.d/udev restart

retry with fastboot

If you setup is good, when you phone is in normal mode you could do

adb devices and your phone must diplay

I'm using ACR_Rooted_2.000.05-V1.2 (stable), Angio's Custom ROM. This method work for me =) the Quickboot s/w was not working.

Guest narkaotic

To backup my sd card, all i have to do is to copy/paste?

Once i split the sd card, where and how do i have to move the backup to the sd

Sorry about my english

Edited by narkaotic

Guest designgears

I had to use the alternate root method, flashed the recovery rom and no matter how many times I try I cannot get it to boot into recovery mode.

I get 2 vibrates and a black screen or 3 vibrates- acer logo, acer/android logo, acer logo, acer/android logo, boots normal.

I have done it with it plugged in, unplugged, etc...

tried quick boot with no luck...

build number:

Acer_Liquid_1.001.05_AAP_CSL

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT::::::::

Nevermind, I just found the update images and flashed .008, used the standard root method and got right into the recovery screen!

Thanks for the awesome recovery image!

Edited by designgears