gone

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest damabib
Flashing ROM using Octan's

Intro:

First of all, I'm not responsible for any damage/error's appearing after flashing. You can always ask help here in the forums if you need to.

Second, I didn't create the software used for flashing. All credits will be in the guide.

Step 1: Getting the files needed

First, we should need the following files:

Samsung CDMA Driver

OCTAN's downloader

You can find the ROM's over here in the B7610 Collection Thread

Step 2: Preparing the device

Before flashing a ROM, you should know that EVERYTHING will be removed from your device.

The SIM / Storage Card should be left untouched, but to be 100% sure you should remove them.

Device / My Storage will be completely wiped clean.

Note: If you need to flash on Windows Vista / Windows 7 you should check the following guide for step 2.

Otherwise, just turn off the phone.

Step 3: Starting OCTAN's Downloader

As we just downloaded the file, you should open it up.

Note: If you are flashing on Windows Vista / Windows 7, you should start OCTAN's using 'Windows XP Service Pack 2' compatibility mode.

We now see the following screen. (Image 1)

Tut6.png

Image 1

As OCTAN's has started, we can now set the files we would like to update.

As it's 100% safe to only update the PDA part, I recommend only flashing this one if you're unexperienced.

To select the file, click 'PDA' and select the NB0 file containing the ROM file.

Step 4: Update the ROM

We now set the files we want to be updated.

In OCTAN's, click 'DETECT'.

Next, hook up the phone using the USB cable. THE PHONE MUST BE TURNED OFF!

As soon as OCTAN's detects the phone, click the 'START' button.

Updating will now begin.

Step 5: During update

Do not remove the usb connection during updating!

You will see the process on the screen of your phone during the update.

After the 'downloading' is completed, the phone will ask you which language you'd like to use.

I can't make screenshots of this, but I hope the text will help you out!

As you can see on the screen, you can select the language.

The 'marker' will auto-change position if you wait, just click the 'Menu button' (large button below the screen), when the correct language is selected.

You will be asked to confirm, just repeat the steps above.

After some time, the phone will boot, reboot and boot again.

That's it! :)

Hope it helped you out!

thanks ohh.working like cham

• 1 month later...
Hi Ernstjanf,

Thanks a lot for the guidance, screenshots were not required as you had explained the steps very well. :D

I love this OCTAN ROM but I am afraid to do the flashing, because I have done a lot of cutomization until know. More than 100 programms installed and many other things. I have the original WM 6.5 (German) installed.

Now my question: When I run a backup programm over the complete system now (for instance Sprite Backup or SKtools backup), will I be able to restore my backup file after I flash the system with a 6.5.3 ROM. Or must I do all the settings again ? Please note: my wife would probably leave me if I would have to do this again, because my customization has eaten more then 3 weekends up to know, and there is very little comprehension on part of my wife that I sit there again and do all the little tweaks and customization to my Omnia Pro.

So please, as a matter of urgency, is restoring a backed-up WM 6.5-system possible after flashing with 6.5.3 ROM ?

• 2 months later...
Guest ydnarp

hi, just read your guide, thanks for sharing...btw, the link for octan's downloader displays an error message:

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

is there an updated link on where i could download the octan's downloader file? thanks again...

Guest ErnstJanF
hi, just read your guide, thanks for sharing...btw, the link for octan's downloader displays an error message:

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

is there an updated link on where i could download the octan's downloader file? thanks again...

Just search the I8000 forum :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest maxplinter
Flashing ROM using Octan's

Intro:

First of all, I'm not responsible for any damage/error's appearing after flashing. You can always ask help here in the forums if you need to.

Second, I didn't create the software used for flashing. All credits will be in the guide.

Step 1: Getting the files needed

First, we should need the following files:

Samsung CDMA Driver

OCTAN's downloader

You can find the ROM's over here in the B7610 Collection Thread

Step 2: Preparing the device

Before flashing a ROM, you should know that EVERYTHING will be removed from your device.

The SIM / Storage Card should be left untouched, but to be 100% sure you should remove them.

Device / My Storage will be completely wiped clean.

Note: If you need to flash on Windows Vista / Windows 7 you should check the following guide for step 2.

Otherwise, just turn off the phone.

Step 3: Starting OCTAN's Downloader

As we just downloaded the file, you should open it up.

Note: If you are flashing on Windows Vista / Windows 7, you should start OCTAN's using 'Windows XP Service Pack 2' compatibility mode.

We now see the following screen. (Image 1)

Tut6.png

Image 1

As OCTAN's has started, we can now set the files we would like to update.

As it's 100% safe to only update the PDA part, I recommend only flashing this one if you're unexperienced.

To select the file, click 'PDA' and select the NB0 file containing the ROM file.

Step 4: Update the ROM

We now set the files we want to be updated.

In OCTAN's, click 'DETECT'.

Next, hook up the phone using the USB cable. THE PHONE MUST BE TURNED OFF!

As soon as OCTAN's detects the phone, click the 'START' button.

Updating will now begin.

Step 5: During update

Do not remove the usb connection during updating!

You will see the process on the screen of your phone during the update.

After the 'downloading' is completed, the phone will ask you which language you'd like to use.

I can't make screenshots of this, but I hope the text will help you out!

As you can see on the screen, you can select the language.

The 'marker' will auto-change position if you wait, just click the 'Menu button' (large button below the screen), when the correct language is selected.

You will be asked to confirm, just repeat the steps above.

After some time, the phone will boot, reboot and boot again.

That's it! :(

Hope it helped you out!

im new here and this my first time flashing and works great now jusst need to test it with daily bases.

i see your dutch so in it dutch (erg bedankt en hoop meer van je te zien krijg :( )

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest reinPnoy

what is the purpose of SAMSUNG CDMA driver? i'm sorry, i'm new to flashing and i don't know how to use it, i downloaded octans and samsung cdma driver, but i don't know when and how to use the CDMA.. please help, i'm using a vista 32bit.. PLEASE HELP :P

what is the purpose of SAMSUNG CDMA driver? i'm sorry, i'm new to flashing and i don't know how to use it, i downloaded octans and samsung cdma driver, but i don't know when and how to use the CDMA.. please help, i'm using a vista 32bit.. PLEASE HELP :P

i come from i8000 section, but i believe that 7610 is almost the same. unzip the CDMA folder and look for setup.exe, click on it then install, wait 'til its done. you must install CDMA driver before flashing along with activesync from microsoft.

Guest reinPnoy
i come from i8000 section, but i believe that 7610 is almost the same. unzip the CDMA folder and look for setup.exe, click on it then install, wait 'til its done. you must install CDMA driver before flashing along with activesync from microsoft.

Thank you Lancez! i will now start flashing the rom.. i hope it's a success :P

Guest reinPnoy

hello everyone, i'm having another problem..

when i opened the octans downloader and filled the PDA with a custom rom, and clicked detect then i plugged in my b7610(turned off) it's charging..

it doesn't detect the device, instead it shows this at the bottom of octans downloader..

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&b66ba99&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

please HELP me.. :P

Edited by reinPnoy

hello everyone, i'm having another problem..

when i opened the octans downloader and filled the PDA with a custom rom, and clicked detect then i plugged in my b7610(turned off) it's charging..

it doesn't detect the device, instead it shows this at the bottom of octans downloader..

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&b66ba99&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

please HELP me.. :P

I had the same problem but I fixed it. I justed justed a Windows XP machine and ik workt just fine.

Edited by Quipp

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 7827505059
cant detect my b7610 with octans, i installed the cdma but cant detect my unit. can anyone help me. thanks..
when i click on see log it says

[Error:0] USB no ack. Check ActiveSync. TimeOut:-1

post-848812-1300201270_thumb.jpg

Edited by 7827505059

• 1 year later...