Acer Custom ROM's "TESTERS NEEDED"

Guest Drizzy

Guest Drizzy

Hello World,

My name is Drizzy I am a dev for Modaco. I have made custom rom's and ports for dream mytouch devices. I am currently working on Acer Liquid Custom Roms and themes. I am looking for testers to help test these updates because I do not have a Acer Liquid so, I am trying my best to make ROM's, ports, themes for Acer Liquid owners.

If you would like to be a part of the testing please contact me

at

Twitter: www.twitter.com/official_drizzy or via email at Thankm3later@gmail(dot)com"

Currently I have no update.zip ready but will have by tonight (U.S. Time)

Thank you for your time and I hope we can better the Liquid device together, if you need any questions answered please contact me (via) twitter.

What will I be working on: custom rom's, port's, theme's

What will this bring to liquid: a lot more than what you have :)

Will there be any risk of bricks: no

What can we gain from this: a better custom, better device

PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE A LIQUID DEVICE

Some request can someone send me some screen shots of the acer home and apps on it, im trying to get as much eclair as possible on it, if not then a whole eclair build on it ;)

I will need some screen shots and i will need to know what you guys want on the rom, and what need to be done on it?

Edited by Drizzy

Guest Drizzy

I know what i would want on liquid so im sure you would all like the same, im starting with a rooted base with the latest images, then i will work my way up!

Guest christonge
I know what i would want on liquid so im sure you would all like the same, im starting with a rooted base with the latest images, then i will work my way up!

Great.... just keep it clean. If you need any help just give me a PM :)

Guest luthepa1

Hey Drizzy,

I managed to get a quick moment to try out your update ROM. I found it went into a infinite loop at the acer logo's (another words keeps crashing). I quickly tried repacking the boot.img with the modded mkbootfs and the liquid base address when repacking but the result was it went straight into booloader/fastboot mode. I think something must be wrong in the boot.img.

Guest hdubli
Hey Drizzy,

I managed to get a quick moment to try out your update ROM. I found it went into a infinite loop at the acer logo's (another words keeps crashing). I quickly tried repacking the boot.img with the modded mkbootfs and the liquid base address when repacking but the result was it went straight into booloader/fastboot mode. I think something must be wrong in the boot.img.

great..keep up the good work :)

Guest luthepa1

you said some eclair was added to this rooted rom? so is the boot.img/rom based on a liquid rom originally? I mentioned that I could not get it to boot past the acer logo and splash screen. But after repacking the boot.img with the acer liquid kernel it booted. However I have only flashed the boot.img at this stage.

Guest Drizzy

Herllo world, i have done some progress on an update.zip but i need to get a clean none superboot.img just a plain boot.img, if anyone has one please pm me or paste link :)

Drizzy~

Guest hdubli
there are some files here...

http://download.acer-club.ru/garbage/

not sure if thats what you need... the 1.004 rom is in .bin

it is a sort of zip whoich contains .mbm and .img files.use the updator tools to flash .bin file... it is completely riskfree..acer made it quite safe..if u switch off and attach to use, it automatically comes into the download mode and the tool detects it and can start flashing all over again..so its quite safe :)

Guest luthepa1
it is a sort of zip whoich contains .mbm and .img files.use the updator tools to flash .bin file... it is completely riskfree..acer made it quite safe..if u switch off and attach to use, it automatically comes into the download mode and the tool detects it and can start flashing all over again..so its quite safe :)

Hi hdubli,

you say to use the updater tools to flash the bin file (rom). Where are these tools? And are you saying you can use these tools to extract the contents of the .bin file? I was unsure how to make use of this rom bin file.

Guest oilfriedghost

The Data Synchronization page is very limited. Aside from "Background data" and "Auto-sync", you can only choose which Google product you want to synchronize (Email, Calendar, Contact). What if it had similar settings to DataViz's RoadSync? Where you can modify the "Email Options" to select the "Email date range" and "Email download size". I believe not everyone has unlimited data in their plan, so this should give added control of how much data we consume on our device.

Thanks again for working on this exciting project!