Ordered!

Guest martinbrook

Guest mo0620
Is there a chance, that anyone could make a deal with me, like Paul or someone, to order one for me also? If I transfer the money to your account. I live in a bombhole called Estonia, where I just can't order anything like the new, supercool and great Nexus One. Well i have one concern also, does it work in Estonia?

I really really would like to have it.

check pm

Guest kam187
So can someone please confirm the full price that you have to pay to have this phone in your possession in the uk? do we have to pay anything, like vat, or taxes (i know you said there werent any) when the phone turns up at your doorstep?

and how much have you guys paid total for it from google so far? thanks

So it would be (to the UK):

$529.00 - Phone (+17.5% VAT)

$26.95 - Shipping (+17.5% VAT)

---------

558.65 - TOTAL (without tax)

97.76 - VAT (17.5% * $558.65)

---------

$656.41 TOTAL you pay to your door

In Pounds thats about 412 pounds.

And If you want the country specific charger then you need to add:

$19.99 - Country Specific AC cahrger (+17.5% VAT + 6.5% Duty)

$4.80 (duty and VAT)

--------

$24.79, or about 15 pounds

So 412 pounds without the uk charger and about 427 with it. I.E. VAT on the total order, and duty only on the accesories

Edited by kam187

Guest kman123
So it would be (to the UK):

$529.00 - Phone (+17.5% VAT)

$26.95 - Shipping (+17.5% VAT)

---------

558.65 - TOTAL (without tax)

97.76 - VAT (17.5% * $558.65)

---------

$656.41 TOTAL you pay to your door

In Pounds thats about 412 pounds.

And If you want the country specific charger then you need to add:

$19.99 - Country Specific AC cahrger (+17.5% VAT + 6.5% Duty)

$4.80 (duty and VAT)

--------

$24.79, or about 15 pounds

So 412 pounds without the uk charger and about 427 with it. I.E. VAT on the total order, and duty only on the accesories

Thank you! That's explained it quite well.apparently the charger is a standard mini usb one so I wouldn't bother with that anyway. But it is just a bit out my price range for now.il wait until it has been modded a bit by Paul and others, and I've sold my hero, before taking the plunge. Thanks again for ur reply.

Guest slimfady
How do you know when it's gone thru? It's appearing in my Google Checkout, but status is Google Phone Webstore received your order.'?

P

Mine used to say that. Now it changed to:

Jan 6

Google Phone Webstore shipped your order.

Edit: It is engraved, surprised they shipped this fast

Edited by slimfady

Guest cezent
Neither my engraved nor my non-engraved are showing a status change yet. :)

P

I wonder if it actually makes a difference if click "continue" or "skip the step" when choosing the engraving, I ve just clicked continue with nothing on it, not sure if it ll be treated as engraving "nothing" when it comes to delivery.....if it does, man that's an additional 3days wait for nothing...

Guest Robert Davidson

Just checked my e-mails and got my confirmation that order has been shipped, at least the hastle with the credit card was sorted out early. Just have to wait now and check the tracking link to see when it starts its journey into my waiting hands.

Guest Nanu*1

Just ordered one myself without the charger I should imagine it is just the socket with lead as other HTC devices so I may bundle the American charger with the Hero on eBay! :-)

Guest 3shirts

Just to add, the charger is subject to possible import taxes while the phone is only subject to VAT (which it will be when it is sold here anyway)

Edited by 3shirts

Guest kam187
I too have just had to ring the credit card company to confirm the order! :-(

I want it now!!! :-)

If you order from the US, does it add a charger too? I just assumed that it would come with a US charger, and the 19.99 is to add or replace it with a UK one. Shipping it with no charger at all is crazy!

Guest joners
If you order from the US, does it add a charger too? I just assumed that it would come with a US charger, and the 19.99 is to add or replace it with a UK one. Shipping it with no charger at all is crazy!

Yup it automatically adds a UK charger to the order, and then slaps on a further $19.99 for the privilege.

(oops read your comment again and not sure if thats what your asking! doh! too much coffee for me)

Edited by joners

Guest markdotpeters5
just ordered in the uk too! removed the UK adaptor....I dont use wall plugs B) not @ $20 anyway....

Dammit! I was really trying to resist! Anyone want to buy a Milestone :)

Guest Nanu*1
Dammit! I was really trying to resist! Anyone want to buy a Milestone :)

LoL I might have bought it of you before 10am this morning when I clicked the 'place order' button.....

Guest markdotpeters5
LoL I might have bought it of you before 10am this morning when I clicked the 'place order' button.....

Hehe, I literally only decided an hour ago, shame tho!

Guest Robert Davidson

Just checked the tracking site and it shows that it has arrived at DHL East Midlands at 9.33pm. Hopefully only a few days and I will have it here. :)