1. Put the memory card you want to use for the GoldCard into your phone.
2. With the memory card in your phone, click on Settings, SD and Phone storage, then click Unmount SD card. Once it unmounts, click Format SD card. (Please keep in mind that some memory cards don’t work, and this will erase all data on your SD Card so back all the data up first to your computer)
3. On the Phone, goto Settings, Applications, Development and then make sure USB Debugging is checked.
4. *Make sure you have installed the SDK and Fastboot correctly from Section I!!!
Plug the phone into the computer and then open the Command Prompt (goto the start menu and type in cmd in the search box). Then type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line.
(wait for the it to show a serial number underneath, if it doesn’t then reinstall the drivers from section I). Then type:
5. A code will display, write the code down (MAKE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN EXACTLY!)
6. Now, on your computer, goto http://revskills.de/...s/download.html
and download QMAT 4.36. Extract the file to your computer somewhere and double click on the qmat.exe to open the program (THIS IS A DEMO VERSION SO IT WILL ONLY STAY OPEN FOR 10 MINUTES, SO TRY AND NOT LINGER WHILE DOING THE NEXT STEPS).
7. Click on Cryptoanalysis Tools then Crypto Toolbox
8. Scroll down till you see a text box with a button titled, “Reverse String”, next to it. Put the CID you wrote down earlier into the text box (DOUBLE CHECK IT!) and then click the Reverse String button. It should reverse the CID you put in, write this down now (AND AGAIN DOUBLE CHECK IT!).
9. Now, on your computer, goto http://revskills.de/...s/goldcard.html
and enter your email in the appropriate field and for CID enter the reversed CID you just copied down BUT REPLACE THE FIRST 2 DIGITS WITH 2 ZEROS! (i.e. 12345678910 becomes 00345678910). *Thanks to Viper for providing these Goldcards for FREE!
10. Click continue and then you will receive your goldcard.img via email. Once it arrives save it to your computer.
11. Now, goto http://download.cnet...0...&tag=button
to download the HxD Hex Editor. Save it and install it to your computer.
12. Take your SD card out of your phone and put it into the SD adapter it came with. Then put that into your computer so it shows up on your computer as Removable Disk.
13. Open the Hex Editor (Run as Administrator if one Vista or Windows 7) and click on the Extra tab, then click on Open Disk. Under Physical Disk select Removable Disk (your SD card you just put into the computer). Make sure to UNcheck “Open as ReadOnly”. Click OK.
14. Goto the Extra tab again and click Open Disk Image. Open up the goldcard.img that you saved from your email. You should now have two tabs, one is the SD card (Removable Disk) and the other is the goldcard.img
Press OK when prompted for Sector Size 512 (Hard Disks/Floppy Disks).
15. Click on the Goldcard.img tab and click on the Edit tab and click Select All. Then click on the Edit tab again and click Copy.
16. Click on the Removable Disk tab (Your SD Card) and select offset 00000000 to 00000170 then click on the Edit tab and click Paste Write.
17. Click on File then click Save.
18. Close the Hex Editor.
19. Test what we’ve done:
Take out the memory card from the computer, then put it back in.
Try to open the memory card on the computer (Removable Disk), if it lets you, you are all set. If it asks/tells you to reformat the card, then try steps 13 – 19 again. If it gives you the same error again, then try a different memory card (Erlern said it didn’t work for him until he finally went and bought a Kingston 2GB card, then it worked on that card only).
20. Put the GoldCard into your phone and reboot the phone with the GoldCard inside.
<h3 style="font-size: 1.17em;">III. Downgrade the Hero using the Goldcard</h3> 1.Download and install
2. Plug in your phone via USB cable to your computer (make sure the GoldCard is in the phone).
3. Once HTC Sync is installed and your phone is plugged in, pull down the notification bar on the phone and select HTC Sync. Make sure it connects to HTC Sync on the computer.
4. Download the Original HTC Hero RUU (use the link I gave you earlier on in the process. I think you've got the exe already)
5. Double click the RUU you downloaded while the phone is plugged in with the GoldCard in it and follow the on screen procedure.