CAN SOMEBODY COMPILE ULTRA LITE 6.5 ENGLISH ROM?

Guest barki82

Guest barki82

Hi,

yesterday i bought this gr8 device (btw its finally officialy distributed in Slovakia, for cca 400 euro). I'm now plaing with it, installing and so on, the only thing that dissapoint me is the known lack of free RAM.

This is my honest pray to skilled cookers, can anybody cook an ultra lite 6.5 rom with just english language (without touchwiz, and unnecessary samsung apps etc.). I mean really ultra lite, without preinstalled sense or apps like clean ram, just operating system, so everyone can customize. I know that with 6.1 we can get even more free ram, but come on, we have to progress  B)

I think lots of b7610 users will donate a little bit the man.. or woman who can do it for us....

Cheers...  :)

Guest stachu100
Hi,

yesterday i bought this gr8 device (btw its finally officialy distributed in Slovakia, for cca 400 euro). I'm now plaing with it, installing and so on, the only thing that dissapoint me is the known lack of free RAM.

This is my honest pray to skilled cookers, can anybody cook an ultra lite 6.5 rom with just english language (without touchwiz, and unnecessary samsung apps etc.). I mean really ultra lite, without preinstalled sense or apps like clean ram, just operating system, so everyone can customize. I know that with 6.1 we can get even more free ram, but come on, we have to progress ;)

I think lots of b7610 users will donate a little bit the man.. or woman who can do it for us....

Cheers... ;)

I wish the same!

I've tried several ROM's:

Original 6.1 was not good for me in the beginning

After I've used several 6.5 form this forum and was very dissapointed about free RAM :)

Now I've switched backt to 6.1 ROM B) but still with RAM issue...

Samsung doesn't want to help the users unfortunately (or maybe it's a WM 6.X bug...).

Regards

Guest barki82

Rodrigofd is one of the best guys here, and he began a project to try to patch kernel in i8000, so hopefully the solution will be applicable for B7610. But until that time if somebody make for us late christmass gift we will be veeeery happy, to get something similar to 90~100MB of free ram (see i8000 topics)

Guest kibiwi
Rodrigofd is one of the best guys here, and he began a project to try to patch kernel in i8000, so hopefully the solution will be applicable for B7610. But until that time if somebody make for us late christmass gift we will be veeeery happy, to get something similar to 90~100MB of free ram (see i8000 topics)

cooking a wm 6.1 like shown here can give us more than 100 mb of free ram...now the only way to have such a ram...

Edited by kibiwi

Guest stachu100
cooking a wm 6.1 like shown here can give us more than 100 mb of free ram...now the only way to have such a ram...

Yes, but I'm not skilled enough to prepare such ROM...

That is why I must count on someone else :)

Guest barki82

Please respect topis heading  :) I think 6.5 ROM will be better, I know that mostly its cosmetic change from 6.1, but at least we have 720x480 video capture, "reported" better GPS performance, and from my amateur point of view, all software developers will optimise next apps for 6.5 and 7. But correct me if I'm wrong in something.

Guest kibiwi
Please respect topis heading B) I think 6.5 ROM will be better, I know that mostly its cosmetic change from 6.1, but at least we have 720x480 video capture, "reported" better GPS performance, and from my amateur point of view, all software developers will optimise next apps for 6.5 and 7. But correct me if I'm wrong in something.

the video capture isn't a noticeable improvement like gps performance and when developers will support only wm 6.5 you will have changed the current device and maybe even the following...anyway everybody has his point of view :)

B7610 is a good phone but not many chefs like to prepare recipes for it! In the end we have to be contented with what Samsung will offer! Let's hope some good chef dirties his hands in this kitchen!

Guest ErnstJanF
B7610 is a good phone but not many chefs like to prepare recipes for it! In the end we have to be contented with what Samsung will offer! Let's hope some good chef dirties his hands in this kitchen!

I will try to cook something :)

Guest barki82
the video capture isn't a noticeable improvement like gps performance and when developers will support only wm 6.5 you will have changed the current device and maybe even the following...anyway everybody has his point of view :)

bro i dont have nothing about your point of view... i just started this topis hoping to get some i8000 cooker on our side, but if B7610 fans begin to have different requests in this "6.5 ultra lite" topic (one want 6.1 with manilla, second 6.5 lite with samsung keyboard and dialer, third 6.5.3 with i dont know android features and voice of the car from knight rider) we will not have any rom at the end. I think you know what I mean.

Check this link http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-pro-b7610-modaco-com/297814/happy-new-year-b7610-custom-rom-v2final-released-big-difference/

Its lite version of 6.5. Some ppl report multitasking bug with closing apps, but its usable.

Gabby is doing great work! But what I am getting is a real RAM hungry os with winmo 6.5. The ram consumption is same as that with the Secany's stock rom. Main culprit being gwes.exe, using more than 30mb ram. In the end desamsungnised OS is running with somewhere around 60mb free RAM.

But when I reverted to Winmo 6.1 (which I currently use), I get close to 96mb ram available.

One thing is plain and simple, when Samsung's default interface has hidden most of the Windows interface, it doesn't make a sense to use the snazzy Windows 6.5's stock interface (read scroll bars and shadows etc.).

I wish, though impossible, if gwes.exe of 6.1 could be put into 6.5! This could mean a lot of free memory at hand.

Moreover, people are presently trying to patch NK.exe, kernel of i8000. If this succeeds, it would mean a real powerful phone for the masses!

Till then cooking ROM is the only viable option.

Guest ErnstJanF

Edit: Got one.

One little problem: I don't have any RGU files in my ROM.. and neither a initflash file B)

So I can't go further! :)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Edit: Got one.

One little problem: I don't have any RGU files in my ROM.. and neither a initflash file B)

So I can't go further! :)

Death of a preconceived baby ;)

Guest ErnstJanF

I found the RGU file after dumping with another tool :)

Now only initflash is missing ;)

But I will try to create something nice B)

Death of a preconceived baby ;)

Guest chipoun

I'm so looking forward to some results :-)

Best, without multitasking problem, which is in every Windows 6.5 so far. I tried new secany ROM and V2 lite ROM also, but I have to flash back to 6.1 because autoclosing apps when I minimize is really annoying. In Windows 6.1 I can have simultaneously running more than 5 applications without problem. In 6.5 I have one or two apps and immediately when I minimalize one of them, windows autoclose it without a logical reason. (I have etc 30MB free ram)

Guest ronald-mcdrive
I found the RGU file after dumping with another tool :)

Now only initflash is missing ;)

But I will try to create something nice B)

Which tool u used for the dump?

Edited by ronald-mcdrive

Guest ErnstJanF

My notebook adapter has just quit connecting to my notebook. I can't afford a new one yet so I will continue my work on a desktop.

Project has been postponed till I got my notebook HD working on my desktop :)