T7Labs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@t7labs

1.70 is out with lots of goodies

http://is.gd/aRW8J

my question is how do i get 1.7.0 to work with the HTC Desire ROM here... when i try to install the new version via terminal i get flash_image not found... seems its not installed via the kitchen, anyone have any links to instructions on getting flash_image installed?

ranblv

ranblv

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:HTC Flyer, HTC sensation
  • Twitter:@ranblv

my question is how do i get 1.7.0 to work with the HTC Desire ROM here... when i try to install the new version via terminal i get flash_image not found... seems its not installed via the kitchen, anyone have any links to instructions on getting flash_image installed?

I just used the desktop to flash it:
Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball)
Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...
fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img

Edited by ranblv, 22 March 2010 - 06:58 AM.

Droid800

Droid800

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
How do I replace the RA image with a stock recovery image? I no longer wish to have root access.

ennx

ennx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img

I don't understand what that means. How do I fastboot devices to make sure fastboot sees my phone?

justajason

justajason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:TELUS HTC Hero, on AT&T

I don't understand what that means. How do I fastboot devices to make sure fastboot sees my phone?

IM having the same kind of trouble.
When I enter the command the terminal on the phone is either telling me that theres no flash image thats found, and when I use the command prompt and CD into fastboot, its saying the command is not valid. This dosent make any sense..

eljamz

eljamz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@@eljamz

How do I replace the RA image with a stock recovery image? I no longer wish to have root access.

Try this:
[ROM] Original Shipping - Tutorial
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=614850

Nexus One Rooted
MoDaCo Desire Port r21

ranblv

ranblv

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

you need to install the sdk from google on your PC and the USB driver of the phone from the SDK too.
then put the phone in recovery and run the fastboot and adb commands on your PC.

Edited by ranblv, 07 May 2010 - 10:06 PM.

hyper4mance2k

hyper4mance2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:N1
HELP ME! I cannot get this recovery image to flash for the life of me. here's the story. I have what was a ere27 build N1. 2 weeks ago I did the manual update to Google's prerelease of Froyo. Now my phone is a FRF50 build. As everyone else found out it's buggy as hell and GPS does not work. I searched for weeks to try and find a fix and I couldn't find anything other than to unlock the bootloader root the device and flash a different rom onto the phone. So I unlocked the BL from instructions here. Then in downloaded Pauls 1.0 FRF50 superboot. I tested the root with torch and it works, so the unlock and root must have worked. This is the first time I have ever used the cmd window and I have tried everything under the sun to get this thing to work so I can flash Pauls froyo and have working GPS again.
I followed the instructions found here; http://ilikemygoogle...-for-nexus-one/ as they actually make sense to me, but I keep getting this error.
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

cd C:\fastboot

C:\fastboot>fastboot-windows devices
HT9C*******8 fastboot

C:\fastboot>fastboot-windows flash recovery C:\fastboot\recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2

sending 'recovery' (3954 KB)... FAILED (remote: not allowed)

ranblv

ranblv

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
Try the other recovery tool, search for 'rom manager' in the market by clockworkmod, its not as good as AR but its easier to work and use.

Mo_Nexus

Mo_Nexus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
what if i have busybox 1.16.2 installed, will it override it to your version?

BooToo

BooToo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:Nexus - Streak - G Tablet
  • Twitter:@Bootooo
Hi All,
First post and first day in the Android world so please be genttle :(

I have followed all the instructions and sucessfully installed the recovery image on my Nexus.

However, each time I enter in recovery mode, I get the exclamation mark with the nice little droid.
I know this is mention in the original post but am unsure of what I am suppose to do to fix it.

"Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android)."

I checked and did find the above script name in my system/etc folder.

My question: Am I suppose to delete this script to make the recovery image work?

Thank you all in advance and Android ROCKS!!!!
BooToo

Edited by BooToo, 28 July 2010 - 08:17 PM.

BooToo

"What does not kill me makes me stronger"

BooToo

BooToo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:Nexus - Streak - G Tablet
  • Twitter:@Bootooo
I will answer myself as I found the answer on another forum...

YES, this script needs to be deleted.
In my case however, it did not help and I still boot on recovery mode to the droid with the explanation mark...
Weird...

BooToo

"What does not kill me makes me stronger"

thatskanyon

thatskanyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi All,
First post and first day in the Android world so please be genttle :(

I have followed all the instructions and sucessfully installed the recovery image on my Nexus.

However, each time I enter in recovery mode, I get the exclamation mark with the nice little droid.
I know this is mention in the original post but am unsure of what I am suppose to do to fix it.

"Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android)."

I checked and did find the above script name in my system/etc folder.

My question: Am I suppose to delete this script to make the recovery image work?

Thank you all in advance and Android ROCKS!!!!
BooToo

where do i go to delete that script... i may be having the same problem... Im a n00b btw lol.. I really need this! thanks guys!!

souliloquy

souliloquy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@airprt

where do i go to delete that script... i may be having the same problem... Im a n00b btw lol.. I really need this! thanks guys!!

I used the terminal emulator app in the market. Once the application starts, type the following:

su
cd system
cd etc
mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.bck

That won't delete the file. It just renames the file so the system won't recognize it.

In my case, the system doesn't let me delete or move the file even though I have root access.

In the Superuser app, it clearly indicates Terminal Emulator as having SU access. Any idea on what else I can do? I have tried typing

su mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.bck

but still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

vEsprit

vEsprit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi .. i need a quick reply.. my N1 right now is stuck at the X logo (the 4 color logo) and cant boot up.. Even recovery isnt working..

I tried to change my fonts with Type Fresh and now my phone won't even start.
It gets stuck at the first Nexus logo(4 color X). My recovery via bootloader-> power+trackball button
also not working. It gets back to the first menu after showing the Nexus X Logo for a split second
(under the option: "Fastboot . Recovery . Clear Storage . Simlock menu", i choose Recovery and press
power button but it goes back to "Bootloader. Reboot . Reboot Bootloader . Power Down" menu after
showing the Nexus X logo for a split second)

someone told me i should flash recovery via Fastboot.. Before this problem i flashed Cyanogen Mod Rc2 with Rom Manager
with no problems.. I am not sure if i did a backup via Amonra or Clockwork Recovery. Can i flash a clockwork recovery via Ra-Nexus recovery and vice versa ? Is the recovery files universal ?

SO... since i used the 1-Click root method (http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=747598), my bootloader is
pretty much still locked.. Do i have to unlock it to install this Ra Nexus recovery ?

i am on FRF91
Hboot -0.33.0012
Radio -4.06.00.12_7

gaeng4665

gaeng4665

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@gaeng4665
hi, i recently sold my desire for a N1.

on my desire i used clockworkmod recovery because it manage to do nand with ext.

Since i have a n1 now and everyone is using amonra recovery i figured it will be possible now to do nand+ext backups. but apparentely it isn't.

can't restore my nand+ext on amonra 1.8.0.1 ....

it always tells me to use nandroid-mobile.sh in adb. Well i tried, but no luck in restoring my nand+ext backups.

What am i doing wrong? please help me, i searched everything on the xda thread, but wasn't lucking...

is there a fix for that? or do i have to switch again to clockworkmod recovery?????

many thanks for your help

Edited by gaeng4665, 09 September 2010 - 10:57 PM.

Phily

Phily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:G1/Desire/NexusS & Nexus One
A new version of the RA-Nexus Recovery image is coming soon.
Read here for more info - http://forum.xda-dev...mp;postcount=79

OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/FR/DE/JP/PO/AU(&more!) VPN Service for Geo-Location locked TV-streaming/web services, its also compatible with Froyo 2.3.3/2.3/2.2/2.2.1 :) happy days!
Current phone: Samsung Nexus S@GRI13/Android2.3.3

Mr Pockets151

Mr Pockets151

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:HD2 w android dual boot
where do I check for

Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android).

I keep getting the exclamation mark

Using superboot I get an error unable to flash rom. I did the unlock bootloader and I get the INFodeivce is already unlocked!

I can also see my serial number so there is a connection. I'm a total newbie to N1. I do have a HD2 with CM6 so not totally illiterate. Just can't find any helpful links.

I've got a problem with "stuck on boot animation loop". My buddy sent me this to try and fix for him.

Edited by Mr Pockets151, 27 September 2010 - 05:33 PM.

Panther Spawn

Panther Spawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
for those that don't know, here is the latest amen ra recovery image 2.0 with signature toggle.. makes life so much easier.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=611829

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users